Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

XBox One or PS4?

Read 9200 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      XBox One or PS4?
      Jul 24, 2016 12:29:05 pm
      Im looking to upgrade from my 360. I used to be a PS guy but then got into Xbox. I know that the PS4 is a better all around machine, tech wise. But, it costs about 20% more than a XB1 and has fewer titles available.

Im looking to get something as an all around media device. I want to replace my DVD player, Blu-ray and streaming device and upgrade my game console. I want it too hook up to my surround system and just anchor my media and entertainment system.

Im not looking to start a system war on here just looking for advice.
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: XBox One or PS4?
      Reply #1: Jul 24, 2016 05:33:08 pm
      ps4 much better console to be honest.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2: Jul 25, 2016 08:22:26 pm
      Wait a few months, there's the updated consoles coming out, might as well get one of them instead, I'm guessing Christmas time release maybe. But to answer your question, Ps4 is my choice, I only really use my XbOne for exclusives now, it's a good console but the interface is a little messy and most games run at lower resolutions than the PS4 versions, nothing you'd notice mind.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3: Jul 27, 2016 05:19:08 am
      Like said above, wait.

But if you can't, get a PS4. Unless you play FIFA and want to play with Legend players in FUT. Then get an Xbox.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #4: Sep 16, 2016 04:00:12 pm
      Question for Xbox One players... my little brother is fast running out storage on his console (500MB), 91.4% for just 10 games to be precise. Does anyone know or recommend a reliable external hard drive for Xbox One? Obviously want to keep price as reasonable as possible.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5: Sep 16, 2016 11:22:47 pm
      Question for Xbox One players... my little brother is fast running out storage on his console (500MB), 91.4% for just 10 games to be precise. Does anyone know or recommend a reliable external hard drive for Xbox One? Obviously want to keep price as reasonable as possible.
      Does he play all 10 games? Maybe delete the data for any that he knows he won't be playing for a while? You can always keep the save data for the game if you install the game again on a later date.... saves spending on a hard drive.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #6: Sep 17, 2016 04:09:45 pm
      Does he play all 10 games? Maybe delete the data for any that he knows he won't be playing for a while? You can always keep the save data for the game if you install the game again on a later date.... saves spending on a hard drive.

That's the thing, he actually does. I have my own Xbox and just delete a game when I'm done and trade it in on a card for my brother.

I don't mind getting him one, does as a present and I know he'll get the use out of it, I just want to make sure it is compatible with the console.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #7: Sep 17, 2016 05:06:08 pm
      That's the thing, he actually does. I have my own Xbox and just delete a game when I'm done and trade it in on a card for my brother.

I don't mind getting him one, does as a present and I know he'll get the use out of it, I just want to make sure it is compatible with the console.

Can't go wrong with the official Seagate one for Xbox then, 2TB in size and has the Xbox logo on it so go together well looks wise, great for a gift, they do a 4TB one too but that's going into the three digit mark money wise

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/data-storage/data-storage/seagate-game-drive-for-xbox-2-tb-green-10137103-pdt.html
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #8: Sep 17, 2016 05:38:43 pm
      Can't go wrong with the official Seagate one for Xbox then, 2TB in size and has the Xbox logo on it so go together well looks wise, great for a gift, they do a 4TB one too but that's going into the three digit mark money wise

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/data-storage/data-storage/seagate-game-drive-for-xbox-2-tb-green-10137103-pdt.html

Thanks very much mate.

Typically when I go to Currys irish site the price is €114.99, and Amazon won't deliver this to Ireland for some reason? The little f**ker will owe me big time for this! :P
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #9: Jan 01, 2019 09:32:44 pm
      Just bought an XBox One S today.

Was looking to an update to my old PS3 mainly as a media centre for streaming, Blu Ray's etc and at just under £200 it seemed like a great deal.

I'm not a huge gamer but came with Forza Horizon and bought last year's Fifa for a fiver to keep me going.

The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #10: Jan 03, 2019 01:36:10 pm
      Just bought an XBox One S today.

Was looking to an update to my old PS3 mainly as a media centre for streaming, Blu Ray's etc and at just under £200 it seemed like a great deal.

I'm not a huge gamer but came with Forza Horizon and bought last year's Fifa for a fiver to keep me going.

I have an Xbox One, 500mb, got it when it first came out. I’m not a big gamer by any means, Fifa career mode, like the Assassins Creed games and basically anything that I can pick up and put down with minimal fuss, very casual. My problem now is that games are getting too big. I need to delete a game every time I want a new one. I got my little brother a 2tb hard drive for his birthday. He would play a lot more and be online a lot too. It’s been great for him, but it’s getting to the point that I may need one myself. I would just advise looking into external storage for it down the road.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #11: Jan 03, 2019 01:50:30 pm
      I have an Xbox One, 500mb, got it when it first came out. I’m not a big gamer by any means, Fifa career mode, like the Assassins Creed games and basically anything that I can pick up and put down with minimal fuss, very casual. My problem now is that games are getting too big. I need to delete a game every time I want a new one. I got my little brother a 2tb hard drive for his birthday. He would play a lot more and be online a lot too. It’s been great for him, but it’s getting to the point that I may need one myself. I would just advise looking into external storage for it down the road.

Got the 1tb model mate and should be enough for what I'll use it for.

Like you I'm a very casual gamer and honestly hadn't played a game on my old PS3 for ages and used it mainly for Netflix and the like.

Just wanted to upgrade and having a 4K Blu Ray player and 4K streaming ability ready for when I upgrade my TV was enough at the price for it to be worthwhile.

Games will be a bonus for me.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #12: Jan 03, 2019 06:28:49 pm
      Got the 1tb model mate and should be enough for what I'll use it for.

Like you I'm a very casual gamer and honestly hadn't played a game on my old PS3 for ages and used it mainly for Netflix and the like.

Just wanted to upgrade and having a 4K Blu Ray player and 4K streaming ability ready for when I upgrade my TV was enough at the price for it to be worthwhile.

Games will be a bonus for me.

It will be ideal for that, I would be happy out with 1tb too. Enjoy it mate.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #13: Jan 03, 2019 10:10:08 pm

Stick with the 1TB model for now and if you find you need more space then you could always change out the internal hard drive like i have done. I have downloaded a few games directly to the PS4 and they soon take up most of your disk space.

I bought one of these - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M1UQQT5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

A Seagate 2 TB internal solid state hybrid drive

Fitted it myself, took 2 minutes, literally. 2TB internal hard drive, plenty of space now. Did the same on my boys PS4 as well.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #14: Jan 03, 2019 10:21:18 pm
      Stick with the 1TB model for now and if you find you need more space then you could always change out the internal hard drive like i have done. I have downloaded a few games directly to the PS4 and they soon take up most of your disk space.

I bought one of these - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M1UQQT5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

A Seagate 2 TB internal solid state hybrid drive

Fitted it myself, took 2 minutes, literally. 2TB internal hard drive, plenty of space now. Did the same on my boys PS4 as well.

I usually try to buy hard copies for that reason, got Rise of The Tomb Raider and The Witcher as downloads and they put a dent in my storage!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD-Elements-Portable-External-Drive/dp/B06W55K9N6/ref=sr_1_10?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1546553655&sr=1-10&keywords=xbox+one+external+hardrive+2tb

That’s the one I got for my brother, and it’s very straight forward, he just upgraded to a Xbox One X and just moved all his files onto that first then moved them onto his Noel Xbox with zero fuss.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #15: Jan 03, 2019 11:06:56 pm
      I usually try to buy hard copies for that reason, got Rise of The Tomb Raider and The Witcher as downloads and they put a dent in my storage!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD-Elements-Portable-External-Drive/dp/B06W55K9N6/ref=sr_1_10?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1546553655&sr=1-10&keywords=xbox+one+external+hardrive+2tb

That’s the one I got for my brother, and it’s very straight forward, he just upgraded to a Xbox One X and just moved all his files onto that first then moved them onto his Noel Xbox with zero fuss.

Yeah, i  know what you mean. I prefer the internal hard drive myself though, all inside the console and no messy leads, a bit OCD like that i am.  ;D ;D ;D
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #16: Nov 25, 2019 10:46:52 pm
      Right all you gamers , really not my thing , but looking to get an x box for the grandson , my question being which is the best version , would you folks say the digital one is better more practical etc any advice appreciated in advance .
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #17: Nov 26, 2019 12:09:59 pm
      Right all you gamers , really not my thing , but looking to get an x box for the grandson , my question being which is the best version , would you folks say the digital one is better more practical etc any advice appreciated in advance .

The Xbox one X is the best one mate.
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2019 12:14:00 pm by bigbob75 »

Quick Reply