Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pre Season Friendly: Liverpool 1-2 AS Roma

Read 17056 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Pre Season Friendly: Liverpool 1-2 AS Roma
      Reply #138: Aug 02, 2016 12:55:57 pm
      Is it true that Lucas got sent off for throwing a bottle of water onto the pitch last night? :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #139: Aug 02, 2016 02:36:29 pm
      Well one thing is clear, he might act the dickhead, but I'd have Sakho back in the central defence as soon as he's fit!!
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #140: Aug 02, 2016 02:57:08 pm
      Mignolet says about taking his chances and start living up to expectations, continues to be sh*t. He's just not a very good keeper.

That's the simplest and clearest reality of the situation: Mignolet is not a great keeper.

No more, no less.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #141: Aug 02, 2016 03:00:37 pm
      Oh my word, what is Mignolet doing for the second?! I can not believe he is still at the club.

The guy is a joke
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #142: Aug 02, 2016 03:50:47 pm
      Tbh, the amount of stick Migs is getting is insane, you should have seen the state of our midfield. I am actually more concerned about this area going into the season than GK and left back positions :(
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #143: Aug 02, 2016 07:19:16 pm
      Tbh, the amount of stick Migs is getting is insane, you should have seen the state of our midfield. I am actually more concerned about this area going into the season than GK and left back positions :(

I'm More concerned about the keeper to be honest mate. The midfielders may not be creative or a solid unit or whatever but ultimately, if a keeper can't catch the ball, parries it out into the danger area or generally doesn't move for the ball, then you aren't going to have much of a chance. The amount of goals Migs has been directly responsible for is a piss take and frankly embarrassing. He's not long been able to kick the ball in the right direction either.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #144: Aug 02, 2016 07:20:43 pm

Just watched the game on DVR (after watching in person last night) and the way Roma were able to run through the middle on us in the first half was very reminiscent of ....the 2nd half against Sevilla.

When Firmino plays attacking midfield it adds something to our attack for sure, but it also makes us might lighter defensively. I was focusing on Wijnaldum on the video and he's a very clean player who offers some good options going forward, but between his pushing up and Can being a little rusty, we left far too many open spaces in front of our back line.

Add to that a good opponent and a number of players who looked like they had one foot on the airplane going home, and it was a so-so performance (less than so-so) in the 2nd half. the 2nd half back line of Alexander-Arnold, Wisdom, Stewart, Moreno/Randall isn't going to be given a plaque at the Liverpool Museum, let's put it that way. :-)

But I still think a very good work in in progress. Karius won't be injured forever, fitness will continue to improve and chemistry will continue to get better as well. I'm guessing we'll have two separate starting XIs next weekend that will tell us final decisions on first and second XI for Klopp. Already looking forward to the next game.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #145: Aug 02, 2016 09:08:25 pm
      Is it true that Lucas got sent off for throwing a bottle of water onto the pitch last night? :D

Yes, he did.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #146: Aug 02, 2016 09:30:33 pm

Wow, picture tells a thousand words. Defense will be brimming with confidence knowing he's behind them.
      F**k, to have to go into the season with him starting is a bit of a sh*t-pie. Guess we just have to hope for the best, don't think our 3rd choice is a realistic option, at last not initially.
      Anyway, onward and upward...

Quick Reply