Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

ICC Game 1: Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea

Read 26397 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: ICC Game 1: Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea
      Reply #207: Jul 30, 2016 04:59:15 pm
      I did. Not as impressive as everyone makes out that's for sure.

Yeah, I think he's missing that yard of pace that makes all the difference between a good player and a great one. I quite like him, but now we have Mane I think he may struggle to get as many games this season.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #208: Jul 30, 2016 05:20:24 pm
      I've watched the first 1/2 hour of the game. Firminho is shocking truly shocking. He doesn't deserves to wear the LFC jersey.

In fairness the condition Firmino came back to pre season training must've been a huge concern for the coaching staff. He'd obviously piled on the pounds in his time off, and he needs to realise that being a footballer isn't just a job it's a lifestyle choice.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #209: Jul 30, 2016 11:21:16 pm
      In fairness the condition Firmino came back to pre season training must've been a huge concern for the coaching staff. He'd obviously piled on the pounds in his time off, and he needs to realise that being a footballer isn't just a job it's a lifestyle choice.

Won't disagree with that. Firminho really has to start to show what he can do and on a CONSISTENT basis and last season some here said he must be given enough time to get use to the PL, well, one full season has come and gone and I personally would not tolerate anymore of his INCONSISTENCY and Klopp will have to act fast because he is in the engine room.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #210: Jul 30, 2016 11:33:13 pm
      That's quite a conclusion to jump to from 30 minutes of preseason footie.....   :lmao:

That's the very reason we continue to stumble early of the season because we're simply not serious enough in pre-season to get into top gear and found ourself out of contention for the league title after almost 10 games gone and made it more diffficult for us to finish top 4, just because we're still trying to rights the wrongs early f the seaon. You have a very good sense of humour, put hand to heart, are you happy with Firminho's performance in this game? I'm beginning to lable Firminho the Mr. inconsistent, 3 to 5 games gone missing, one class performance after that and suddenly everything is forgotten and is well and dandy for some here. The same goes for Lallana. At least Millner is much better than both in terms of work rate and some useful skills. 
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #211: Jul 31, 2016 12:25:43 am
      That's the very reason we continue to stumble early of the season because we're simply not serious enough in pre-season to get into top gear and found ourself out of contention for the league title after almost 10 games gone and made it more diffficult for us to finish top 4, just because we're still trying to rights the wrongs early f the seaon. You have a very good sense of humour, put hand to heart, are you happy with Firminho's performance in this game? I'm beginning to lable Firminho the Mr. inconsistent, 3 to 5 games gone missing, one class performance after that and suddenly everything is forgotten and is well and dandy for some here. The same goes for Lallana. At least Millner is much better than both in terms of work rate and some useful skills.

I seriously doubt Klopp doesn't take pre-season serious. And if any of the players don't take it serious, I'm sure he'd give them a kick up their arse or even send them home, as he did with Sakho. He won't be having any of that. The players have been doing triple training sessions almost daily to build fitness for the start of the season. I'm sure Klopp wants us firing on all cylinders at the start of the season. It was Rodgers who set up his fitness program to have us peak at the start of the second half of the season. That was clear when Klopp came in in October last year and found a group of players that weren't fit enough for his style of play at all. We won't be having that problem this season. Klopp doesn't really care about the result in our friendlies, he has stated multiple times that he sees them as extra training sessions.

Did Firmino have a good game? I agree he didn't, but Chelsea was very well organised and we struggled as a team to break them down, that's not solely down to Firmino. The center of the field was packed with blue shirts, not much he could do to be honest and if it wasn't for being a few inches offside, he would have bagged yet another goal. There's a difference between being inconsistent and sometimes going a bit quiet during games, which he admittedly quite often does. As long as he turns up with the goods every single game as he did last season, I couldn't care less as he still runs his socks off chasing the CB's of the opposing team. He had 10 goals and 8 assists in +- 2000 minutes played. He averages a goal or assist almost every game. You won't find many players doing that and it was his first season in the PL. You label him Mister Inconsistent. Mind me asking you how you lable Coutinho? The little Magician? He goes missing even more often than Firmino does, but occasionaly does score a worldy or has an amazing game. Same thing really.

As for Milner and his work rate and comparing it to Lallana's and Firmino's. Really? I think the three of them were three of our hardest working players last season. And the only useful skill Milner really has, is his ability to cross from wide positions. He doesn't add more to the team than Lallana or Firmino do other then that.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #212: Jul 31, 2016 12:55:45 am
      I've just realised that this is on at 3am and not 2am. Not sure I can be bothered waiting up for this, looks like it's another record and watch in the morning job.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #213: Aug 01, 2016 04:28:22 am
      Firmino copping heat?! Haha F**k off outta here...

First season hitting double figures for goals when he was misplayed for the first couple months and playing in midfield isn't good enough.

"We want goals from midfield..."

*he scores goals*

"Not good enough!"

Bet my arse he starts most games barring injury of any attacking mid we have in the squad this season.

Just seen the game and Coutinho was our worst attacker. Ejaria was very impressive.

Chelsea were F***ing w*nk. Typical defensive, turgid sh*te.

Quick Reply