Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

AC Milan 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18613 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: ICC Game 2: Liverpool 2-0 AC Milan
      Reply #138: Jul 31, 2016 11:37:37 am
      Arnold – He seemed to support the attack quite well and cut out quite a few balls over the top. I got nervous sometimes though when we lost possession and he was further up the field but it never seemed to amount to anything for Milan.

Moreno – He had a good game. Was very attack minded as usual but he could afford to be, he was always quick to turn and track back too when we did lose possession. His assist for Origi’s goal was really good. It was identical to about 4 of his assists from last season, it obviously helps him when there are people running in behind and he can just loft a ball into the space.

Milner – He did quite well at LB. Very solid defensively and even added to the attack. He’s clearly one of those players that can play in most positions and do a good job for you.

Lovren & Klavan – Look very solid as a partnership for the large part. I like how well Klavan seems to read what’s happening around him. They didn’t allow the attackers to get in behind them and they forced the Milan attackers to shoot from long distances.

Origi – Played very well. Should have been 2 goals he had on the night but the linesman is blind as F**k and ruled it out. Made some good runs in behind the defence and linked up well with the other attackers.

Markovic – No idea where to start with him in all honesty. I’ve been saying for a while now to give him another chance amongst other things but he was terrible. He must have had possession about 8 times and he lost it on 5 occasions. I’m sick of seeing him pussy out of challenges too, we might as well just willingly hand over possession when somebody charges towards him.

Ojo – It was an off game for him unfortunately. Some of his passes weren’t great and you could see his confidence for shooting had gone after that wild attempt that nearly went for a throw in. His ability to stretch the defence was very handy though, it meant that their full backs couldn’t get up to support the attack and our lads knew they could get forward as we’d have possession.

Firmino – If he tries another Rabona anytime soon I’ll go to Liverpool and cut that sh*t ponytail thing of his :D. I thought he played very well when he came on, he always looked like a goal threat and that Maradona turn again, filth.

If the stats on Sky’s website are right then our crossing was terrible, only completing 23% of them and only completing 44% of dribbles.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #139: Jul 31, 2016 12:15:19 pm
      Milan we're dire but I thought was a good showing from the players - you can only beat whats in front of you.

Pros:
      + Its Origi's spot in the starting lineup at the moment. Delighted for him, he's been excellent all year.
      + Mane's always positive, has pace and can stretch teams; opening up the pitch for the rest of the team.
      + Klavan is great cover, has put in some great performances since joining.
      + Great assist from Moreno.
      + Sturridge getting a bit of stick, but he looks bulkier and a bit more heavy duty in my mind. Think he'll be able to withstand more consecutive games in the league. Has lost a bit of pace, mind.
      + Mignolet played it simple when needed - hooray. Think a bit of competition will do him good.
      + Ojo has serious pace, just needs some educating on what to do, when. A brighter prospect than Ibe in my eyes.
      + Firmino, Lallana, Henderson all did OK.

Cons:
      - Markovic can't cut it. A better game from him, but Milan we're poor and weren't even running in the second half. Hes not suited to the PL in my mind, and needs a slower league to shine.
      - Wijnaldum was invisible but was to be expected with such minimal time with the squad.

Roll on Roma.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #140: Jul 31, 2016 12:48:26 pm

Im in the queue .

Crazy Diamond.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #141: Jul 31, 2016 01:58:43 pm
      Quite happy with what I've seen so far - we certainly aren't going to be "passive" in attack or defence.......

I think this season is gonna be fun......... :o
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #142: Jul 31, 2016 02:42:50 pm
      Milan we're dire but I thought was a good showing from the players - you can only beat whats in front of you.

Pros:
      + Its Origi's spot in the starting lineup at the moment. Delighted for him, he's been excellent all year.
      + Mane's always positive, has pace and can stretch teams; opening up the pitch for the rest of the team.
      + Klavan is great cover, has put in some great performances since joining.
      + Great assist from Moreno.
      + Sturridge getting a bit of stick, but he looks bulkier and a bit more heavy duty in my mind. Think he'll be able to withstand more consecutive games in the league. Has lost a bit of pace, mind.
      + Mignolet played it simple when needed - hooray. Think a bit of competition will do him good.
      + Ojo has serious pace, just needs some educating on what to do, when. A brighter prospect than Ibe in my eyes.
      + Firmino, Lallana, Henderson all did OK.

Cons:
      - Markovic can't cut it. A better game from him, but Milan we're poor and weren't even running in the second half. Hes not suited to the PL in my mind, and needs a slower league to shine.
      - Wijnaldum was invisible but was to be expected with such minimal time with the squad.

Roll on Roma.

Marko's ball to Ojo that led to the goal - pro?

Moreno's assist - pro?

Coutinho being invisible- con?

Or isn't that cool?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #143: Jul 31, 2016 02:45:11 pm
      Arnold – He seemed to support the attack quite well and cut out quite a few balls over the top. I got nervous sometimes though when we lost possession and he was further up the field but it never seemed to amount to anything for Milan.

Moreno – He had a good game. Was very attack minded as usual but he could afford to be, he was always quick to turn and track back too when we did lose possession. His assist for Origi’s goal was really good. It was identical to about 4 of his assists from last season, it obviously helps him when there are people running in behind and he can just loft a ball into the space.

Milner – He did quite well at LB. Very solid defensively and even added to the attack. He’s clearly one of those players that can play in most positions and do a good job for you.

Lovren & Klavan – Look very solid as a partnership for the large part. I like how well Klavan seems to read what’s happening around him. They didn’t allow the attackers to get in behind them and they forced the Milan attackers to shoot from long distances.

Origi – Played very well. Should have been 2 goals he had on the night but the linesman is blind as f**k and ruled it out. Made some good runs in behind the defence and linked up well with the other attackers.

Markovic – No idea where to start with him in all honesty. I’ve been saying for a while now to give him another chance amongst other things but he was terrible. He must have had possession about 8 times and he lost it on 5 occasions. I’m sick of seeing him pussy out of challenges too, we might as well just willingly hand over possession when somebody charges towards him.

Ojo – It was an off game for him unfortunately. Some of his passes weren’t great and you could see his confidence for shooting had gone after that wild attempt that nearly went for a throw in. His ability to stretch the defence was very handy though, it meant that their full backs couldn’t get up to support the attack and our lads knew they could get forward as we’d have possession.

Firmino – If he tries another Rabona anytime soon I’ll go to Liverpool and cut that sh*t ponytail thing of his :D. I thought he played very well when he came on, he always looked like a goal threat and that Maradona turn again, filth.

If the stats on Sky’s website are right then our crossing was terrible, only completing 23% of them and only completing 44% of dribbles.

Besides not mentioning Marko's ball for Ojo thats pretty much spot on and fair in my opinion.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #144: Jul 31, 2016 02:50:04 pm
      Besides not mentioning Marko's ball for Ojo thats pretty much spot on and fair in my opinion.

I must not have seen that mate.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #145: Jul 31, 2016 02:55:24 pm

To be fair mate I think the goal was all about the finish rather than the pass, bit like the Suarez goal against Newcastle wasn't really about the pass from Enrique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcF2gk2pnUI

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #146: Jul 31, 2016 03:00:47 pm
      To be fair mate I think the goal was all about the finish rather than the pass, bit like the Suarez goal against Newcastle wasn't really about the pass from Enrique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcF2gk2pnUI

It was a great finish s@int, youre right, but, if Moreno had over hit it 20 yards people wouldve been all over it. That was the point.

Edit - and the Luis goal was exquisite but without the pass it doesnt happen. That was a hell of a ball. If it was Alonso or somebody of that ilk it would be getting a hell of a lot more credit. Fact
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #147: Jul 31, 2016 03:03:45 pm
      I don't think one good pass negates the fact that Moreno is a crap defender.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #148: Jul 31, 2016 03:06:12 pm
      It was a great finish s@int, youre right, but, if Moreno had over hit it 20 yards people wouldve been all over it. That was the point.

I think the problem with Moreno is everyone expects defenders to defend well, but I don't think Jürgen is as worried as we are about his defending as long as he is contributing to the attack. One of the reasons I think Flanagan has been loaned out is that while he can defend ...he doesn't really contribute going forward.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #149: Jul 31, 2016 03:13:06 pm
      Lovren wasn't great last night, could easily see Klavan and Matip being our first choice CB's.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,226 posts | 8571 
      Reply #150: Jul 31, 2016 03:30:05 pm
      Going into the season I'd have Origi starting ahead of Sturridge, everything about this team makes more sense when Origi is leading the line.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #151: Jul 31, 2016 03:33:30 pm
      Going into the season I'd have Origi starting ahead of Sturridge, everything about this team makes more sense when Origi is leading the line.

I totally agree. While Origi might not have the individual brilliance that Studge is able to conjure up he beats Daniel in the most important aspect - team cohesion. Aside from the fact he moves better than Daniel, the team around him looks more empowered as well with the potential of more goals from those around him compared to if it was just Daniel.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #152: Jul 31, 2016 03:58:52 pm

I totally agree. While Origi might not have the individual brilliance that Studge is able to conjure up he beats Daniel in the most important aspect - team cohesion. Aside from the fact he moves better than Daniel, the team around him looks more empowered as well with the potential of more goals from those around him compared to if it was just Daniel.

Yeah me too, Sturridge just doesn't look to have the zip to his movement we know he has (or had) in his locker.

Would love to see Origi start against Arsenal and run them into the ground. Sturridge can come on for the last twenty minutes when Origi's got his hattrick!
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #153: Jul 31, 2016 04:19:32 pm
      Marko's ball to Ojo that led to the goal - pro?
      Moreno's assist - pro?
      Coutinho being invisible- con?
      Or isn't that cool?

Not sure what you mean by not cool, educate me.

The second goal was all about Ojos pace, not the pass. Ojo was probably the only player on the pitch that could have got on the end of it.
      I called out Moreno's assist...
      Cou obviously wasn't as great as we've seen him be, but he wasnt exactly shocking. Nearly scored in the first 2 minutes, and played a great ball into Mane who missed a sitter, about as productive as Lallana.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #154: Jul 31, 2016 04:29:15 pm
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #155: Jul 31, 2016 04:37:03 pm
      Still haven't seen the Chelsea game, nor this one, because of the stupid televised rights. Going to catch both of them tomorrow afternoon.

Looks like plenty to look forward to. Glad to hear Origi has started where he left off last season.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #156: Jul 31, 2016 05:50:48 pm
      Yeah me too, Sturridge just doesn't look to have the zip to his movement we know he has (or had) in his locker.

Would love to see Origi start against Arsenal and run them into the ground. Sturridge can come on for the last twenty minutes when Origi's got his hattrick!

I hate to say it but a also agree. Origi has to start ahead of Sturridge. He just seems to suit the way Jürgen wants to play. Either way we have got some great forward options.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #157: Jul 31, 2016 06:06:44 pm
      Just finished watching the game. Great team performance but Klavan really stood out for me. Very composed on the ball I love that from a centre half
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #158: Jul 31, 2016 06:40:58 pm
      Still haven't seen the Chelsea game, nor this one, because of the stupid televised rights. Going to catch both of them tomorrow afternoon.

Looks like plenty to look forward to. Glad to hear Origi has started where he left off last season.

1st half v Milan
      http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/07/31/liverpool-vs-ac-milan-highlights-full-match/3/

2nd half v Milan
      http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/07/31/liverpool-vs-ac-milan-highlights-full-match/4/

1st half v Chelsea
      http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/07/28/chelsea-vs-liverpool-highlights-full-match/2/

2nd half v Chelsea
      http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/07/28/chelsea-vs-liverpool-highlights-full-match/3/
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #160: Jul 31, 2016 08:43:52 pm
      I don't think one good pass negates the fact that Moreno is a crap defender.

Yeah, generally don't think people have concern's over him going forward, it's more his positioning/decision making at times in defense.

Quick Reply