I'm with you FMS, the greatest sporting event of all! Can't wait for this to get started. I will say though that it's been nothing short of a disaster in the lead up to the Olympics this year.
- People being attacked near the volleyball stadium.
- Some of the Australian contingent had things robbed from their rooms after a fire alarm went off.
- Shi Dongpeng (Chinese hurdler) and a journalist had their stuff robbed upon their arrival at a hotel in Brazil.
- A dead body or two being fished out of the lake.
- Stadiums/arenas still not ready.
- A woman is alleged to have been raped whilst staying in temporary accommodation in the velodrome.
- Swimmers being told to not open their mouths as they swim in the open water as it's 1.4 million times over the safety limit for bacteria.
- There is the potential for sewage over spill into the open water for events like rowing, swimming, triathlon etc.
I really hope they get their sh*t together in time for everything to start.
I have a particular interest in the Track cycling its going to be epic and we all need to get behind Brad Wiggins a good Red and we get to beat the Aussies in what will probably be a world record time. Also Laura Trott who is just a superstar along with her other half Jason Kenny and Johnathon Dibben we are going to set the Velodrome a light.
Whatever happened to Philip Hindes? I remember him in the London Olympics but not anything of him since.