Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Europa League 2016/17

Read 37037 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Europa League 2016/17
      Reply #138: May 24, 2017 09:50:04 pm
      As expected united had too much nouse for ajax, a lot of talent but very naive, a victory for anti football
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #139: May 24, 2017 09:52:00 pm
      What a joke, after we have to go through Dortmund and Sevilla, United get a path like that. Yeah, you've won it, but when you're honest with yourselves you've beaten nobody of note to the trophy.

Very lucky, what a surprise.

Bye De Gea and with Mourinho's tactics that loss is compounded.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,634 posts | 866 
      Reply #140: May 24, 2017 09:58:08 pm
      They haven't had a better season.  Had we been in Europa they wouldn't have won it. They played absolutely horrid football all year. If that's what it takes to have a good year.....have at it.

Exactly mate. Not a better season by a long shot (or a long ball in the case of Utd).

Utd spent HUGE in the pre-season. Welcomed in their new hero Mourinho. They were ready to win the title. Let's not forget. Club expectation, the media, and the fans all expected the title.

After an awful season setting some incredible records for poor play, and with Mourinho demonstrating his ability to create dissent, disrespect, and negative football, they finished 6th.That's after having occupied 6th almost the whole season.

On the flip side, they won 2 trophies. One against Southampton after the match officials basically handed them the cup, and now secondly against Ajax's youngest side, who are simply appalling.

Progress? A great season? Who is seriously claiming this? Their football has gone down by a long way, and they now have to spend huge amounts yet again this pre-season to give them any chance. There is nothing happening. These two trophies are essentially meaningless in the big picture. Take them away and what do you have? Nothing. Look at them for what they signify... nothing much.
      « Last Edit: May 24, 2017 10:09:18 pm by DanMann »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,631 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #141: May 24, 2017 10:14:13 pm
      They haven't had a better season.  Had we been in Europa they wouldn't have won it. They played absolutely horrid football all year. If that's what it takes to have a good year.....have at it.

You can't be serious FL red?? You wasn't in the Europa Cup so impossible to say. Even JD says we had a better season than Liverpool.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #142: May 24, 2017 10:17:17 pm
      Would rather win trophies anyday, we are not F***ing arsenal are we ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,631 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #143: May 24, 2017 10:19:15 pm
      Would rather win trophies anyday,

Exactly, my sentiments too.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #144: May 24, 2017 10:23:03 pm

Nice to see you boys are now rating the Mickey Mouse trophies, how the mighty have fallen   :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,631 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #145: May 24, 2017 10:24:05 pm
      Nice to see you boys are now rating the Mickey Mouse trophies, how the mighty have fallen   :lmao:

Europa Cup is not a Micky mouse trophy
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #146: May 24, 2017 10:27:28 pm
      Europa Cup is not a Micky mouse trophy

Of course not anymore  :D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,248 posts | 2848 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #147: May 24, 2017 10:45:49 pm
      To be fair, Ajax were impotent, they were dreadful beyond belief. Utd weren't great, but they were the better side, and looked very comfortable, probably one of the worst finals I've seen regarding level of skill. Ajax could not get past Maureen's bus plan, and it was not as if this was a new plan.

But hey, sh*t happens.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #148: May 24, 2017 11:19:46 pm
      Ajax with a nice bottle job, they should be more than capable of beating that crap.

Doesn't seem right that the Mancs go straight into the group stage for winning it and finishing 6th yet when we won the Champions League and came 5th we had to go from the first qualifier.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,631 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #149: May 24, 2017 11:27:26 pm

No doubt United are not where they should be from my point of view mate. However, for a team still in transition this looks very nice.

Premiere League holders Chelsea
      F A Cup holders Manchester United
      League Cup holders Manchester United
      Charity Shield Holders Manchester United
      Europa League Holders Manchester United

With United & Liverpool now in the CL I'm looking forward to next year even more. Hopefully at some stage our paths meet,  hopefully in the final would be nice but our current sides are simply not good enough. Presently were both making up the numbers.

I would class a good season as reaching the semi finals of the CL. Probably a pipe dream but isn't that what all us fans do for our great clubs.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,577 posts | 6638 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #150: May 24, 2017 11:58:17 pm
      Jammy F***ing cu*ts...woke up to the scoreline...so rang in sick for work  :throw:....then to top it off, see the first goal and of course there's a F***ing deflection.

Jammiest cu*ts in the world.

Like KopiteLuke said, we get Dortmund and then the winner of the last 2 UEL's, Seville. The jammy cu*ts get F***ing Ajax, why couldn't it have been against Lacazette's Olympic Lyon in the Final. Betch ya there would have been a different result.

Jammy Mother F***ing cu*ts.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #151: May 25, 2017 12:26:55 am
      Jammy f**king cu*ts...woke up to the scoreline...so rang in sick for work  :throw:....then to top it off, see the first goal and of course there's a f**king deflection.

Jammiest Cu*ts in the world.

Like KopiteLuke said, we get Dortmund and then the winner of the last 2 UEL's, Seville. The jammy cu*ts get f**king Ajax, why couldn't it have been against Lacazette's Olympic Lyon in the Final. Betch ya there would have been a different result.

Jammy Mother F***ing Cu*ts.

Well there is that, however you have to look at it this way. If they continue playing next season in the champions league the way they played this season in the uefa cup, they will be well and truly fecked! Its ok being linked with all these top attacking players, but judging from what we have seen of maureen this season, they will be wasted in all the top games as they are sitting there in a 10 man defence!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,631 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #152: May 25, 2017 07:20:36 am
      Jammy f**king cu*ts...woke up to the scoreline...so rang in sick for work  :throw:....then to top it off, see the first goal and of course there's a f**king deflection.

Jammiest Cu*ts in the world.

Like KopiteLuke said, we get Dortmund and then the winner of the last 2 UEL's, Seville. The jammy cu*ts get f**king Ajax, why couldn't it have been against Lacazette's Olympic Lyon in the Final. Betch ya there would have been a different result.

Jammy Mother F***ing Cu*ts.

Never meet you, don't know what you look like, don't know how old you're but your text don't half make me laugh.  :D Your post come across as if you have a great character and fun kind of a guy. I do hope I'm right  :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Reply #153: May 25, 2017 09:26:55 am
      Jammy f**king cu*ts...woke up to the scoreline...so rang in sick for work  :throw: ....

Ha ha.  Love the fury!
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #154: Jun 29, 2017 06:03:55 pm
      I think i just witnessed the fastest goal in Europa League history, match between Levski Sofia and Sutjeska (MNE),goal was scored after approx 13 seconds. :D

Quick Reply