Arsenal v Liverpool pre-match thread 14/8/16 4pm ko

Read 18012 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Arsenal v Liverpool pre-match thread 14/8/16 4pm ko
      Reply #115: Aug 13, 2016 12:01:17 pm
      Not to put a dampener on the start of a new season, but from a personal point, Footy will never be the same again for me especially watching our beloved Liverpool.

As some of you may know from my Facebook posts, whilst I was away on my overseas trip, my mate who was also on his own trip was tragically hit and killed by a drunk and drugged driver in Ibiza. He was one of my best ever mates and a fanatical Liverpool supporter as well. We'd talk and text before, during and after every game. We travelled all over Australia together whenever the Reds came to town and our next trip together was going to be to Anfield.

I remember how on the first day I met he came to work where I work and he was being introduced, I said Hi my name is Ian, do you follow anyone in the Premier League and he said LIVERPOOL. We became friends for life, unfortunately his was cut short so I have many emotions flowing out of me at the moment.

I know he will be up there cheering us on and hoping he gets us over the line for Number 19 starting with a famous win at Arsenal on the weekend.

To my Bro, Ara in heaven....You'll Never Walk Alone....I love ya mate and am missing you like crazy.

Sorry to hear about your mate Ian, knowing him as you did you will know what a top bloke he was,
      Life is cruel mate at times as your experiencing right now, I'm sure your Bessie won't want to see you down and although sad he was taken far too early he'll want you to carry on as normal, and keep supporting the Redmen,
      You can remember him by naming the first game of the season every season as 'Ara' day as a memorial,
      don't forget tho, you have the Liverpool family behind you too.

My condolences go to you and your mates family, God bless.

YNWA
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #116: Aug 13, 2016 12:31:20 pm
      Not to put a dampener on the start of a new season, but from a personal point, Footy will never be the same again for me especially watching our beloved Liverpool.

As some of you may know from my Facebook posts, whilst I was away on my overseas trip, my mate who was also on his own trip was tragically hit and killed by a drunk and drugged driver in Ibiza. He was one of my best ever mates and a fanatical Liverpool supporter as well. We'd talk and text before, during and after every game. We travelled all over Australia together whenever the Reds came to town and our next trip together was going to be to Anfield.

I remember how on the first day I met he came to work where I work and he was being introduced, I said Hi my name is Ian, do you follow anyone in the Premier League and he said LIVERPOOL. We became friends for life, unfortunately his was cut short so I have many emotions flowing out of me at the moment.

I know he will be up there cheering us on and hoping he gets us over the line for Number 19 starting with a famous win at Arsenal on the weekend.

To my Bro, Ara in heaven....You'll Never Walk Alone....I love ya mate and am missing you like crazy.

Really sorry to read about your mate's passing Ian. Sincere condolences to his family and to yourself.

RIP Ara
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,260 posts | 795 
      Reply #117: Aug 13, 2016 12:34:22 pm

Really sorry to hear this mate.

RIP and YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #118: Aug 13, 2016 12:51:35 pm

So sorry Ian about your mate, condolences to his loved ones who must be devastated as you are.
      Keep your chin up mate. YNWA.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #119: Aug 13, 2016 08:00:35 pm
      City didn't look anything special so I can confidently say I am not confident of how we will do tomorrow.. Just desperately hoping for a opening day win.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #120: Aug 13, 2016 08:13:07 pm
      The starters are done. Just waiting for the main course... yum...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #121: Aug 13, 2016 09:04:50 pm

Lost my best mate at the age of 21 .

Know where you are Ian.

Never waste a day of your life.

YNWA  with your Liverpool family.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,916 posts | 281 
      Reply #122: Aug 13, 2016 11:11:16 pm
      Sorry for your loss Aussie Red.  Life isn't fair. Chin up, he wouldn't want you to live life without regrets.

If Origi starts I can see us getting a resounding result tomorrow.
      « Last Edit: Aug 13, 2016 11:43:54 pm by Benito »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #123: Aug 13, 2016 11:21:16 pm
      lets all remember Clint and his girl have a difficult day tomorrow and we all send them our very best wishes and we will be thinking of them
      MsGerrard
      Reply #124: Aug 13, 2016 11:22:17 pm

Huge hugs hun xxx Keep smiling and your Bro is in excellent company up there....Shanks and Bob will be with him xxxxxxx ynwa
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,465 posts | 4815 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #125: Aug 13, 2016 11:26:31 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #126: Aug 13, 2016 11:29:54 pm
      City didn't look anything special so I can confidently say I am not confident of how we will do tomorrow.. Just desperately hoping for a opening day win.

With you on this. Even last season we showed we could beat anyone, any day. Nobody out there makes me think "Oh no, what are we going to do when we play THEM???

But we have to be consistent in taking all the points from the West Broms, Swanseas and as we see today, the Hulls.

Next time I'm on here we'll all know the result. I suspect I will have trouble sleeping tonight. Silly, but true. Best wishes to all for a great day, and safe travels to all going to London.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #127: Aug 13, 2016 11:35:55 pm

I doubt Sturridge is match fit though considering he hasn't played for nearly 2 weeks.

Thinking of you Aussie! Sorry for the loss mate.
      lastsentinel
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #128: Aug 14, 2016 12:59:29 am
      Preview for our match against Arsenal - Click here  ;)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,465 posts | 4815 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #129: Aug 14, 2016 07:39:55 am
      Lets F***ing have it!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #130: Aug 14, 2016 08:09:23 am
      Match day!!!!!! Come on you reds!!!!
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #131: Aug 14, 2016 08:48:17 am
      There's been a lot of unnecessary tough talking of late (or probably the press' version of the interviews) which may make the team lose the element of surprise and heap pressure on the boys.

Well, it's time to stop the verbal assurances and WIN on the pitch. I'll take that over the many sweet sounding, tough talking interviews.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #132: Aug 14, 2016 09:28:57 am
      Here we go its time for number 19 .
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #133: Aug 14, 2016 09:42:42 am
      Going for a 3-1 win.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #134: Aug 14, 2016 10:31:02 am
      Charlie George    Michael Thomas .

This is where it all begins again.

We will define our season and yours .

Loser Gooners .

1 - 2   

Mane and Origi.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #135: Aug 14, 2016 10:34:06 am
      Cmon you reds let's have it !!!!!!
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #136: Aug 14, 2016 10:34:53 am
      Sorry to hear your news Aussie ynwa
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #137: Aug 14, 2016 10:36:04 am
      My fiancee is better, still very stiff. Thanks for your messages. I might be able to watch the game but certainly will not be able to create live thread. My goodluck to that person who will create it ;)

We need to go off with a flyer :) YNWA

Quick Reply