Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Arsenal v Liverpool pre-match thread 14/8/16 4pm ko

Read 18013 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Arsenal v Liverpool pre-match thread 14/8/16 4pm ko
      Reply #138: Aug 14, 2016 11:53:27 am
      We have a great run of games (13) coming up til December most of them winnable with four possible stumbling blocks Arsenal,Spurs Chelsea and Man Utd still I feel that the Arsenal and Chelsea game we can win. the Man Utd and Spurs games I would take a draw.... I have gone with 2-1 Liverpool today... I believe the Quality in Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd should prove to strong over the course of the season so for me we are playing for 4th spot this season.

Come on you Reds :aaliverpoolwz0:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #139: Aug 14, 2016 12:10:43 pm
      My fiancee is better, still very stiff. Thanks for your messages. I might be able to watch the game but certainly will not be able to create live thread. My goodluck to that person who will create it ;)

We need to go off with a flyer :) YNWA

Great news mate lets hope the boys give you something to celebrate with a good win at Arsenal
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #140: Aug 14, 2016 12:38:02 pm
      Wonder what shape our team is really in at the mo, I mean for the real test of the Prem league, expecting good things today, obviously it's a tough game but there is no reason why we won't be miles ahead of Arsenal who have stale ways (but stable) to our exuberant and always evolving management style.

All I know, is I cannot wait for kick off!!!

All week I thought it was on Saturday ;D, I was gutted yesterday when I realised.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #141: Aug 14, 2016 12:41:29 pm
      Good to be back in the country for our opening game of the season.

We have a pretty poor record at the Emirates so hopefully that will be corrected today.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #142: Aug 14, 2016 12:58:36 pm
      Great news mate lets hope the boys give you something to celebrate with a good win at Arsenal

Thanks mate
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #143: Aug 14, 2016 01:05:49 pm
      Starting 11
      Mig
      Clyne
      Lovren
      Klaven
      Moreno oh no
      lallana
      Henderson
      Mane
      Coutinho
      Firminho
      Wignaldum
      MsGerrard
      Reply #144: Aug 14, 2016 01:06:53 pm
      The kick off can't come soon enough now....absolutely buzzing for this  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: come on you mighty redmen !!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #145: Aug 14, 2016 01:08:43 pm
      Starting 11
      Mig
      Clyne
      Lovren
      Klaven
      Moreno oh no
      lallana
      Henderson
      Mane
      Coutinho
      Firminho
      Wignaldum

Confirmed? I think you had a couple first XI's leaked that were spot on last season.

If so, that's bloody mental that team. Lallana and Hendo behind 4 attacking midfielders?
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #146: Aug 14, 2016 01:09:31 pm
      Off to the official LFC pub in Chicago to watch the first game of the season. Come on Liverpool, let's start the season with a win.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #147: Aug 14, 2016 01:31:03 pm
      Confirmed? I think you had a couple first XI's leaked that were spot on last season.

If so, that's bloody mental that team. Lallana and Hendo behind 4 attacking midfielders?

Nah :)

I think it will be Gigi and Henderson in midfield with Lallana, Mane and Couts as AM's and Firmino as a false nine... if that lineup is correct anyway.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #148: Aug 14, 2016 01:44:50 pm

f***in Blitzkrieg . But it won't work if Couts and Firminho just dip in and out of the game.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #149: Aug 14, 2016 02:08:40 pm
      Not long now loving the Olympics but this is far more important 3 points for us today
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,465 posts | 4815 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #150: Aug 14, 2016 02:09:37 pm
      Michael Oliver the ref?
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #151: Aug 14, 2016 02:19:56 pm
      It would be a massive 3 points if we win today. Always important to start with a win. Very 50/50 this game. Very interested to see our line up. I think a midfield 3 of Hendo, Can and Winjaldum would give us the edge in midfield. Can't wait till kick off. YNWA
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #152: Aug 14, 2016 02:24:19 pm
      What a fantastic game to kick off the league campaign.

Personally I would go with:

Origi
          Coutinho Firmino Mane
                      Can  Lucas
         Moreno Klavan Lovren Clyne
                       Mignolet

Although I don't rate Mignolet the speed at which Manninger got down to a couple of the shots/penalty he faced did really show his age, so I think Migs will get the nod there. Lucas obviously wont start but for this game could give us most issues in the centre of midfield, if we manage to win that battle it might tip the balance in the war. I also think Firmino is a good shout to start as the false 9, while I'd prefer to add that extra pace that Origi has to threaten in behind and therefore giving Mane a bit more opportunity to isolate his man.

I'd say that if Origi isn't starting then Coutinho is very close to losing his place for him. For me he's been the biggest disappointment of preseason, not because he's been the worst player but the gulf from his best to where he finds himself now is probably the largest of any of our players. Make no mistake it could be just preseason mentality and he could just flip a switch today and the old Cou come shining through, I certainly hope that is the case because there are few better players in the league on his game but we need him to show up today or I'll begin to have major worries where his level lies for this year.

If we win the battle in the middle of the park I can see us winning this by more than a couple, Arsenal are bruised and when you get after them and top of them quickly they can crumble, let's smash these fuckers!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #153: Aug 14, 2016 02:33:07 pm
      What a fantastic game to kick off the league campaign.

Personally I would go with:

Origi
          Coutinho Firmino Mane
                      Can  Lucas
         Moreno Klavan Lovren Clyne
                       Mignolet

Although I don't rate Mignolet the speed at which Manninger got down to a couple of the shots/penalty he faced did really show his age, so I think Migs will get the nod there. Lucas obviously wont start but for this game could give us most issues in the centre of midfield, if we manage to win that battle it might tip the balance in the war. I also think Firmino is a good shout to start as the false 9, while I'd prefer to add that extra pace that Origi has to threaten in behind and therefore giving Mane a bit more opportunity to isolate his man.

I'd say that if Origi isn't starting then Coutinho is very close to losing his place for him. For me he's been the biggest disappointment of preseason, not because he's been the worst player but the gulf from his best to where he finds himself now is probably the largest of any of our players. Make no mistake it could be just preseason mentality and he could just flip a switch today and the old Cou come shining through, I certainly hope that is the case because there are few better players in the league on his game but we need him to show up today or I'll begin to have major worries where his level lies for this year.

If we win the battle in the middle of the park I can see us winning this by more than a couple, Arsenal are bruised and when you get after them and top of them quickly they can crumble, let's smash these fuckers!

I agree with most of that mate, especially about Couts who really needs a good game today to banish a few worries.

Only thing I really disagree with is Lucas playing. (not sure he's even fit?). Apparently Can is not 100% either so looks like our injuries are already mounting before a ball has been kicked in anger.   

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #154: Aug 14, 2016 02:35:32 pm
      Assuming Little faces team is correct, I think we'll have way too much for them.  The way we're set up with those players it actually cries out for an opponent to go route one and ping it over the press, but Arsenal won't do that. They'll try and play, and our front five will choke the life out of them IMHO.

I fancy us strong, 3 or 4 nil. I agree with the team selection too.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,465 posts | 4815 
      Reply #155: Aug 14, 2016 03:01:17 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,465 posts | 4815 
      Reply #156: Aug 14, 2016 03:03:00 pm
      Starting 11
      Mig
      Clyne
      Lovren
      Klaven
      Moreno oh no
      lallana
      Henderson
      Mane
      Coutinho
      Firminho
      Wignaldum

Blob on.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #157: Aug 14, 2016 03:04:42 pm

From the shape of pre-season you'd think that's a 4-3-3 with Lallana dropping back into midfield, something I hoped happened last season for a large portion. A 4-2-3-1 would look a bit bold with Hendo/Wijnaldum as the 2, must admit I don't see enough defensive solidarity as a 2 or a 3 in the centre there. Bold in my opinion, to me it says we're going to score 1 more than you, bring it on.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #158: Aug 14, 2016 03:06:05 pm
      Topic locked....match thread here >>> http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,49035.0.html

Quick Reply