Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Arsenal v Liverpool pre-match thread 14/8/16 4pm ko

Read 18080 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Arsenal v Liverpool pre-match thread 14/8/16 4pm ko
      Reply #69: Aug 11, 2016 11:58:26 pm
      If he wants a LB he can buy a LB.

Simple as that.

I'd like to know why Klopp can buy and sell players all over the field; where he see's fit, but FSG are in charge of the LB position.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,112 posts | 4877 
      Reply #70: Aug 12, 2016 12:00:14 am
      I'd like to know why Klopp can buy and sell players all over the field; where he see's fit, but FSG are in charge of the LB position.

Likewise.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #71: Aug 12, 2016 12:05:17 am
      Downing played well at LB didn't he !  ;D he's a freebie surely :-\
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #72: Aug 12, 2016 12:10:12 am
      He (Jürgen), has got until Aug 30th(?) to decide on whether he buys someone..

Oh I see.  Let me refresh your memory.  The difference between 2nd, 3rd and 4th last season was a grand total of five points.  In fact 4th vs 5th was decided on goal difference.  The difference between 4th and 7th was only four points.

We have three matches from now until the end of the window.  So forget 2, 3 or 4 points---we have a total of NINE POINTS up for grabs.  Whether we qualify for CL next season could literally come down to one loss vs. a draw, or one draw vs. a win.

So it matters, NOW, that we don't have a LB we can rely on going into the season.  I'm glad you're happy to write off those nine potential points as long as we've got someone at the end of the window.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #73: Aug 12, 2016 12:12:26 am
      Oh I see.  Let me refresh your memory.  The difference between 2nd, 3rd and 4th last season was a grand total of five points.  In fact 4th vs 5th was decided on goal difference.  The difference between 4th and 7th was only four points.

We have three matches from now until the end of the window.  So forget 2, 3 or 4 points---we have a total of NINE POINTS up for grabs.  Whether we qualify for CL next season could literally come down to one loss vs. a draw, or one draw vs. a win.

So it matters, NOW, that we don't have a LB we can rely on going into the season.  I'm glad you're happy to write off those nine potential points as long as we've got someone at the end of the window.

So I take it from that that you're not a fan of Moreno then..
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #74: Aug 12, 2016 12:13:38 am
      So I take it from that that you're not a fan of Moreno then..

Is anyone a fan of Moreno?

We all know he's awful.  He cost us a lot of points last season, he nearly single-handedly lost us the final against Sevilla (which essentially means he cost us CL this season).  He's been dreadful again in pre-season (what a shocker).

And yet we still have people saying "yeah yeah yeah!  more Moreno!  I love losing points!"
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,112 posts | 4877 
      Reply #75: Aug 12, 2016 12:14:36 am

You do know that 6Stringer isn't the manager, right Fed?
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #76: Aug 12, 2016 12:25:44 am

We all know he's awful.  He cost us a lot of points last season, he nearly single-handedly lost us the final against Sevilla (which essentially means he cost us CL this season).  He's been dreadful again in pre-season (what a shocker).

And yet we still have people saying "yeah yeah yeah!  more Moreno!  I love losing points!"

I can understand your frustration Fed but if you believe in what Jürgen is trying to achieve then surely you must have belief in the side he picks and what he expects from this players, Moreno being one of them.
      I watched  the likes of Lovren, Lallana, Origi, Allen and Firmino all improve their game and step up to the mark last season, all because of Jürgen's Psychology, maybe Moreno's a bit late picking the instructions up?.. If so, I can forgive him for that..
      we'll wait and see on Sunday how he copes with Chamberlain and Ramsey and then i'll either eat some humble pie or praise another reborn player..
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #77: Aug 12, 2016 12:59:40 am
      Moreno to score the winner at the Emirates   ;)
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #78: Aug 12, 2016 01:19:44 am

Well, you better get on the blower to Klopp and tell him hadn't you.

Maybe you can advise him to play Klavan at LB.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #79: Aug 12, 2016 01:51:02 am

And you say you aren't a WUM :D
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #80: Aug 12, 2016 07:19:21 am
      Strongly believe it'll be a 4-3-3 with Firmino upfront and Mane to exploit their CB pairing of Chambers-Holding and Monreal's lack of pace. I see a lot of goals due to the defensive frailties in both sides.

3-2 to us!

Migs
      Clyne-Lovren-Klavan-Moreno
      Lallana-Can-Wijnaldum
      Mane-Coutinho
      Firmino

Subs- Manninger, Matip, Milner, Grujic, Hendo, Ings, Origi

Lovren captain?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #81: Aug 12, 2016 07:40:23 am
      I think we may see Jürgen employ the pace of Origi in the second halves of games.

Although he and Mane together are looking lethal.

I'm going for a win for us by the single goal.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #82: Aug 12, 2016 09:26:10 am
      The Barcelona game would have been good preparation for this regardless of the Result if we play the same way I can only see us coming away with three points but later on today I will revert back to being happy with a point
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #83: Aug 12, 2016 10:01:01 am
      Absolutely loving the season starting this weekend. There's a buzz in the air and it's not the sound of the dodgy cladding going up on Goodison..

I predict a tight one all draw. All the anticipation for these types of opening fixtures usually result in both teams cancelling each other out.

I think Vicks86 has got the starting line up spot on.

Footy is back. Is F***ing right.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #84: Aug 12, 2016 11:23:19 am
      They're looking at a defence of:

Bellerin - Chambers - Monreal/youngster - Gibbs

If we can't get goals against that...
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #85: Aug 12, 2016 12:50:53 pm
      I think we have to go to places like Arsenal this season believing we will come away with all 3 pts.

They have a few injuries too I believe, and with the kind of pre-season we've had under Klopp I reckon we could really catch them cold as we hit the ground running.

I reckon we're gonna win, based on the fact that Klopp will have the team he picks ready and better equipped than that of his counterpart.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #86: Aug 12, 2016 01:41:11 pm
      Might be an idea to play a striker this weekend while they have no CB'S rather than a false 9.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #87: Aug 12, 2016 02:06:57 pm
      Glad the season starts soon. It will just be great to see what the guys have been working on in pre-season and also how the new boys fit into the team.
      Away at Arsenal will always be tough, but with it being so early in the season i reckon we will get 3 points.

If we score first and score early, then i expect a confident display and 2-0 else if we struggle to find our rhythm early, it could be a scrappy 1-0 win for us.
      Good luck boys!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #88: Aug 12, 2016 02:57:09 pm
      I'm buzzin already, can't explain how but I'm getting great vibes when I think of the season ahead, I felt similar in our nearly season,
      I honestly believe we can go to the Emirates and put on a show, our lads will be chomping at the bit,and will want it more than them,.....

Mignolet
                Clyne Lovren Klavan Moreno
                        Hendo.      Can
              Mane       Lallana.   Coutinho
                                  Origi

Bench ; Manninger, Matip, Stewart Wijnaldum,,  Firmino, Grujic,  Sturridge /Ings

.....i think we can give them a good hiding, they are understrength so we need to take advantage, I don't think they know what's going to hit them,

0-3 Mighty Reds

YNWA
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #89: Aug 12, 2016 03:47:08 pm
      Might be an idea to play a striker this weekend while they have no CB'S rather than a false 9.

Same here mate, I had Origi in my fantasy team but because Klopp has a penchant for playing Firmino up top in away games to the big sides I've swapped him out given our tough schedule to start the season. I'd like to see the Belgian start and give them some problems physically and in behind, particularly chambers who has really struggled after a bright start to his Arsenal career.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #90: Aug 12, 2016 04:04:10 pm

When my oldest was 5, he was playing in a game where there was a scramble in front of goal. He took a swipe at the ball, totally missed, and his boot came flying off. He walked over and bent down to pick it up as the scrambled ensued. One of his teammates, the uber-coordinated member of the team (every kids team has one), got to the ball and hit a rocket. It went off the crossbar, caromed downward, hit my son in the bum and rolled across the line for a goal.

And that is how Moreno will score the goal you mention above.  ;)
      Be sure to set your recorders.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #91: Aug 12, 2016 04:06:13 pm
      Strongly believe it'll be a 4-3-3 with Firmino upfront and Mane to exploit their CB pairing of Chambers-Holding and Monreal's lack of pace. I see a lot of goals due to the defensive frailties in both sides.

3-2 to us!

Migs
      Clyne-Lovren-Klavan-Moreno
      Lallana-Can-Wijnaldum
      Mane-Coutinho
      Firmino

Subs- Manninger, Matip, Milner, Grujic, Hendo, Ings, Origi

Lovren captain?

You have a fair chance of being right with this - but I do hope Klopp has Origi leading the line. I think he can become a superstar this year. He does seem to be better at coming off the bench than Bobby though, so as I say, you may well be right.

Quick Reply