Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Fernando blames hierarchy??

Read 5857 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Re: Fernando blames hierarchy??
      Reply #46: Aug 18, 2016 10:55:03 pm
      He's not trying to spin it though, didn't he promise to come out with this when he left. I personally think FSG are the spinners, happy to paint Torres as a traitor and all that bollocks and what sold it hook, line and sinker for FSG was Torres going to Chelsea saying that pr bullshit about joining a bigger club.

Let's make no mistake I'm sure FSG were F***ing well happy getting £50 million for Torres.

He's not getting any money for this story, the book is not actually about Torres, but Liverpool!

Stand corrected mate.
      Do still have reservations tho' about his comments and his motives.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #47: Aug 18, 2016 11:09:55 pm
      I don't have a bad word to say about Torres, all those goals & free flowing attack with Gerrard by his side are the memories I have of him,makes me proud he was one of the best in a red Liverpool jersey..

Anfield was his spiritual home, once he was removed from his environment it never worked for him elsewhere, got the medals he craved but deep down I bet he wished it was with us.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #48: Aug 19, 2016 01:50:35 pm
      Exactly Kenny and when you take time to read what he said; the fact was Torres only raised the issue, of being unhappy and possibly wanting away, after  "Liverpool" had already opened secret talks with Chelsea.

It's all there mate and it's definitely well enough documented down the years - FSG's 'masterplan'... everyone from Torres, Suarez, Steven and Brendan Rodgers have all alluded to it - and no matter how some have been portrayed, they can't all be lying. The truth is none  of them are.... transition , year after year, have been down to policy - not Fernando Torres, not Luis Suarez and not Brendan Rodgers.

That said: Torres, like every player, (including those we have in the team now btw) will be drawn by either the potential for 'glory' [just like Jürgen said but everyone already knows] or 'money'. Money will attract them; titles will keep them. Chelsea offered Torres both as did Barcelona, with Masch & Suarez.

Remember... if he had really wanted to; John W could have asked "What are they smoking over at Stamford Bridge?" but he didn't because he needed the big bucks to fund the (non-football based) Policy and no other club could have afforded the £50m - that's why secret talks were opened. The club needed a 'baddy' at the time - sadly a waning Fernando Torres ticked that box amongst fans with ease.

The truth is; all  of our "big names", who moved on during our 'American' period, have struck it rich... count 'em medals and trophies... in under ten years we have become a stepping stone club. Nothing more, nothing less.

Six years, four managers, fifty new players, zero additional personal investment, six hundred million increase on investment but only one trophy: "winners"?...

... yeah Fernando Torres is the traitor   :lmao:

The thing is; people can bury their heads and pretend they are oblivious to the truth all they want but if Jürgen can't bail them [FSG's investors] out with a title - there'll be a few more players (and maybe even managers) painted as 'baddies' before this is all over.

The penny, sometimes, has a long way to drop but it always gets there. This sh*t makes me angry; for that reason alone - I'm out of here. Good luck troops.   >:D

I think you've hit on so many important points there, that goes well beyond Torres. Extremely well posted, Bad Boy!

Quick Reply