Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Preview : Burnley v Liverpool Sat 20th Aug 3.00pm

Read 8580 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Re: Preview : Burnley v Liverpool Sat 20th Aug 3.00pm
      Reply #69: Aug 20, 2016 01:32:57 am
      Burnley are a stubborn lot under Dyche - they struggle to win, but they rarely get thrashed.

A win is a win for me. Just get the points on the board.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #70: Aug 20, 2016 02:08:13 am
      Burnley are a stubborn lot under Dyche - they struggle to win, but they rarely get thrashed.

A win is a win for me. Just get the points on the board.

right on

just win at all cost.   :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :embarassed:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6732 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #71: Aug 20, 2016 05:49:08 am
      Clean sheet and a sh*t load of goals please lads.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #72: Aug 20, 2016 08:43:26 am
      Milner back and probably the captain. Origi for Mane and Can for Hendo.

Origi
      Phil Firmino
      Gini Can Lallana
      Milner Klavan Lovren Clyne
      Migs

Subs- Manninger, Matip, Trent AA, Grujic, Hendo, Ings, Studge || No Moreno in the squad please, he might be infectious!

1-3 to us! 1 each for Origi, Firmino and Studge
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #73: Aug 20, 2016 09:27:31 am
      I would take a last minute 1-0 today all that matters in this early part of the season is the result 6 points from two away games would be a great start
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #74: Aug 20, 2016 09:33:57 am
      Well, got excited and went for 1-5 in the prediction league... Does anyone know the squad that have traveled - interested to see if Ings or Studge are in this...
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #75: Aug 20, 2016 09:46:03 am
      Well, got excited and went for 1-5 in the prediction league... Does anyone know the squad that have traveled - interested to see if Ings or Studge are in this...

I nope you are right,nothing less than 3 points will do.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #76: Aug 20, 2016 10:08:04 am

Origi
      Phil Firmino
      Gini Can Lallana
      Migs

Subs- Manninger, Matip, Trent AA, Grujic, Hendo, Ings, Studge || No Moreno in the squad please, he might be infectious!

Don't get dropping Henderson, the best of our midfielders against Arsenal.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #77: Aug 20, 2016 10:27:31 am
      Come on lads! 2 wins on the bounce will set us up very nicely especially at one of them horrible grounds like turf moor, get it out the way nice and early.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #78: Aug 20, 2016 11:00:30 am

Origi
      Phil Firmino
      Gini Can Lallana
      Migs

Replace Hendo with Lallana and there is the lineup I hope.

A good formation but I don't fancy Migs up front!9
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #79: Aug 20, 2016 11:03:07 am
      Come on lads! 2 wins on the bounce will set us up very nicely especially at one of them horrible grounds like turf moor, get it out the way nice and early.

Agreed, I know a lot of people think this should be an easy win but it is one of those typical banana skin games. They've a great record at home and it will be no easy task but I believe we will win and hopefully in the process move to the top of the league!

Huge game, like every one of our league games are this season, win this and the momentum/belief etc starts to build, smash 'em lads!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #80: Aug 20, 2016 11:36:46 am
      Let's be solid at the back and kill them upfront
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #81: Aug 20, 2016 11:57:10 am
      Will be a tough game but we need to play like we did 2nd half at are.  2 wins away from home would be a great start. Origi must start for me, let's get at em.CMON you REDMEN :kop5cf8koxp6:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #82: Aug 20, 2016 12:16:51 pm
      Don't think Flanagan is fit but anyway...

I was under the impression the Premier League loan rule had changed - that loaned players could play against their own club now. 

The reason being that it favoured the big clubs who could loan out valuable players and then disrupt the opposition because they would have to change their team against them.

Anybody confirm either way?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #83: Aug 20, 2016 12:19:19 pm
      Don't get dropping Henderson, the best of our midfielders against Arsenal.

Hendo plays, if Lallana is part of the front-3 but both him and Klopp are relishing his midfield role.

Replace Hendo with Lallana and there is the lineup I hope.

A good formation but I don't fancy Migs up front!9

Lallana is definitely playing mate. No doubt about that. I'm guessing we'll mirror the formation we had for Barca, Origi/Studge for Mane the only change from that.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #84: Aug 20, 2016 12:51:31 pm
      Great to have the reds back in action again! Obviously we can't afford to take anything for granted. How many of these games have we dropped points in? However they were very uninspiring against Swansea. They are a no nonsense team they focus on the basics and largely do that well. Last week they lined up in a rigid 4-4-2:

I can see this being our first encounter with a team happy to sit in for 90 mins and play for a draw. They were second to Swansea in everything last week, they had less possession, fewer touches, fewer chances, fewer shots... They were happy for Swansea to have the ball and didn't look threatening when they had it themselves. However it was the 82nd minute before Swansea scored so they know their roles, and they will be even tighter today you would imagine.

They have record signing Steven Defour to come in, and I believe Jones has joined Sheffield Wednesday this week so that should be a straight swap in mid field. I don't think they can play Flanagan today which suits us perfectly if they have to play Ward at LB again. He has never been a very good LB but he is coming to the end of his career, pace and movement will kill him!

For 20 mins last week we looked unstoppable, however outside of that 20 min spell we showed too many mistakes. No manager in their right mind is going to ignore Moreno, expect them to hit our left side early and put pressure on Moreno. For that I think it is very important who we put in mid field to get over and support. I think the midfield need to support him more than whoever we play on the LW as I think we need to be ready to punish their commitment forward with quick counter play, and I would rather have our forward players up the pitch ready to pounce. I think Henderson showed he is getting back to his better form, and he has the engine to get around and help Moreno out, and I think he is the best player we have to spray the , and a deeper lying role gives him more of the pitch n front of him to pick those passes.

The back 5 pick themselves really, same as last week. I don't see it being a midfield battle but I do see the players we pick being key to how we break down a solid unit. Like I say, I would like to see Henderson as the holding unit, with Wijnaldum and Can ahead of him. I think last season we were too guilty of over playing the ball against deep lying teams, passing ourselves into dead ends. I think two more direct midfielders will look to break the lines with runs and a few strong shots. With the right mix up front it can give us some unpredictability and more option in attack.

Mane will be a huge loss but we're in a very strong position with replacements that we haven't had in a while. Personally I would like to see Origi come in, supported by Coutinho and Firmino, but I can see Klopp starting Lallana instead of either Firmino or Origi. I would like to see Ings get some sort of a run out too, although I am guilty of a certain amount of sentimentality that Klopp will not suffer from.

I'd also like to see Grujic get a look in, he showed glimpses in pre season that he likes to take a gamble in the box and this might be the exact type of game for him.

I think it will be a very one sided match with us dominating possession. But Burnley will be tough to break down. I think we have a good mix of players this year to be more ruthless in these games and we have more physicality in the squad so we shouldn't be getting bullied either. I think Ward is a huge weak link for them, the front three can take turns interchanging and playing on him and if Sturridge is available he can deal the killer blow with fresh legs late on. I think we're good enough to ge the win and the clean sheet here, but we will have to work for it. I'm going to say 2-0 to the reds, Origi and Wijnaldum.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #85: Aug 20, 2016 01:40:21 pm
      I thought we would get a draw last game, we won.. I think we will win this game.... if we draw... not my fault guys.

Quick Reply