Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      3 (4.7%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      5 (7.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      8 (12.5%)
      James Milner
      3 (4.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (7.8%)
      Adam Lallana
      6 (9.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.6%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      2 (3.1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      9 (14.1%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (3.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      6 (9.4%)
      Marko Grujic
      14 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: Aug 24, 2016 05:06:57 pm

Burnley 2-0 Liverpool: In game and post match debate

Read 34322 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Re: Burnley 2-0 Liverpool: In game and post match debate
      Reply #667: Aug 24, 2016 10:40:36 pm
      A final footnote in this game, that may well sum up our entire club.

Accrington Stanley 1 Burnley 0

Accrington Stanley officially better than LFC.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #668: Aug 24, 2016 11:18:01 pm
      Fully agreed. Hes not committing . 
      When a hamstring goes or any similar injury there is always that millisecond off the pace .... that hesitation.
      Its never the same.

Time to say Ta Ra ... and thanks for all the fish.

Our top goal scorer isnt he? Liverpool in no position to be selling Daniel Sturridge at this stage. Nowhere close.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #669: Aug 26, 2016 06:35:56 am
      So after a busy week, I'very finally managed to watch this a couple of times.

Mignolet - 5 His continuing poor distribution, often placing undue pressure on our back line continued. He looks like he's caught in his head too much. His opposite number, Heaton, isn't a vastly better keeper, but he looks confident, has an air of self-belief, things Simon seems to be missing.

Milner - 4 Worked tirelessly but is not a left back and as much as I have issues with Moreno, in the current squad, the left back position has to be his.

Clyne - 5 Defensively OK but again showed little quality going forward.

Klavan - 5 Couple of notable errors and pulled out left too often, possibly a lack of trust in Milner? Likes a type of tackle that may see him get punished in this league.

Lovren - 6 Would have been my vote for our MotM, only flustered once and this is a different player from what we've seen in the past, in which the chaos and poor quality around him, in turn, affected his game play.

Henderson - 5 Not a DM, certainly not a DLPM either. The few times he did get forward, he was creative and initiated a few chances. I've not read back, but I'd be interested to know if he got stick for that yellow, because I've seen other players, even former captains, praised for taking one for the team after F***ing up. Best of our midfield three, but that's no praise.

Wijnaldum - 3 In three of the four halves of football, that I've watched him, Claude Raines would have been more visible. Offered nothing, which made him slightly worse, in my eyes, than Lallana.

Lallana - 4 Offered something that always turned in to nothing. Had a lack of conviction in everything he did, which is a shame, because he is a decent footballer.

Coutinho - 4 Everything I said for Lallana plus more, because I have higher expectations of Phil.

Sturridge - 4 Poor on the day, didn't look match fit to me his control, barring a couple of notable exceptions,  just wasn't there.

Firmino - 2 Possibly the worst 90 minutes I've ever seen from a Liverpool forward, can't recall a single redeeming moment.

As for the subs, Origi stretched Burnley without making it count, Moreno looked a better fit than Milner at left back and Grujic at least got us fans out of our seats in an otherwise drab, forgettable affair, from a Liverpool fans perspective.

Quick Reply