Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Chinese State Owned Company Everbright

Read 42408 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Chinese State Owned Company Everbright
      Reply #230: Sep 02, 2016 07:22:00 am
      Ok, but is 50m for Martial or Stones really that different from 35m for Mane?  I mean it's not like we are shopping bargain basement or anything.

True we're spending big but by and large the Mane deal is value for money (value for Mane anyone... Ok sorry). And that was our big signing, time and effort was put into it with clear planning for him to improve the team.

Stones and Martial seem like more of a 'I want this person because... F**k it lets just get him' and then they have another 4/5 signings like that on top of it. I can't put my finger on it mate, just doesn't sit right with me
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #231: Sep 02, 2016 07:24:59 am
      We broke the transfer record for Kenny, Collymore, and Carroll, I'll assume you think something at the club died when we made those transfers mate.
      It's the real world, you move forward or you go backwards, its sad, but that's the reality, and we really are in danger of being caught up and overtaken by lesser teams with more ambition if we don't move with the times.
      We're currently sitting on the beach hoping the tide won't come in, when its already wetting our feet.

The Kenny and Collymore deals have no relevance in today's market because it's not even close to what we have today. Carroll however good god yes I do think something died a little when we spent 35 million on that donkey but I will point out we earned that cash to piss away from selling Torres
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,686 posts | 3708 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #232: Sep 02, 2016 07:32:51 am
      Don't care what people say. Don't want to see the club throwing silly money at players like City, Chelsea and United.

I've been complaining about those soulless clubs trying to buy the league £50 million per player at a time and I don't know about you but I value my own morals and views towards the game more than a few pieces of gold.

World class talent should be earned by the way you play, not the size of your bottom line. I know the game is moving on, but I don't care. The day I see us making deals like £50 million for Martial, Jon Stones or your mates Granny something will have died at this club a little.

So stay another 30 years from winning the league. I'm not saying that this is the right way but I think it is the only way for us to win it again. Don't mention Leicester because that was one in a billion.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #233: Sep 02, 2016 07:35:51 am
      So stay another 30 years from winning the league. I'm not saying that this is the right way but I think it is the only way for us to win it again. Don't mention Leicester because that was one in a billion.

Would rather not win it than win it in a way I've always said is rotting to the core. It's a personal thing for me, I've been running my mouth about people buying the league for years so I've dug my grave a long time ago about this issue
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #234: Sep 02, 2016 07:38:41 am
      You couldn't resist that could you Stu ?    ;D

better a Chinese whisper than a Chinese burn
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,686 posts | 3708 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #235: Sep 02, 2016 08:22:27 am
      Would rather not win it than win it in a way I've always said is rotting to the core. It's a personal thing for me, I've been running my mouth about people buying the league for years so I've dug my grave a long time ago about this issue

I know what you're saying that you were against it from day one that was introduced in this league. Staying consistant.

A win is always a win, winning ugly, with merit, etc etc
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #236: Sep 02, 2016 09:03:41 am
      Post deleted.

Redundant
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #237: Sep 02, 2016 09:05:54 am
      This doesn't make sense? "A Chinese consortium is willing to raise its valuation of Liverpool to £1bn to secure an investment in the club, it was reported tonight.". The club is only worth £1.1 billion? That's a takeover bid, not an investment, surely?

In order to buy say a 25% stake in the club you need to agree with the total value of the club. If the Chinese came in with an offer to buy 25% of the club valued at 750m, it would cost them 187.5m. FSG obviously said their valuation was too low so now they are valuing the club at 1.1bn which a 25% stake would cost 275m.
      biki
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #238: Sep 02, 2016 09:09:50 am
      Apparently the bid has been increased to £1b.

Link

Which would suggest a full takeover

EDIT: What's weird is my original link to the original website that reported the story, that webpage just removed the story so I had to re-link to the Echo website.

Until tomorrow that is, when the bid is off again.

Again, a valuation is different to a bid, so it would not suggest a full takeover.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      Reply #239: Sep 02, 2016 09:11:49 am
      Again, a valuation is different to a bid, so it would not suggest a full takeover.
      Same thing I guess. If you agree a product is now worth more then you're probably also willing to pay more and if they are willing to pay £1b, then that's got to be for a full takeover.
      biki
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #240: Sep 02, 2016 09:14:53 am
      Same thing I guess. If you agree a product is now worth more then you're probably also willing to pay more and if they are willing to pay £1b, then that's got to be for a full takeover.

Valuing the club at 1bn doesn't mean they are willing to pay 1bn, it simply means they agree to use the valuation as a basis to buy a stake in the club, eg 50% so then they would pay 500m for a 50% stake in a football club valued at 1bn
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      Reply #241: Sep 02, 2016 09:28:05 am
      Valuing the club at 1bn doesn't mean they are willing to pay 1bn, it simply means they agree to use the valuation as a basis to buy a stake in the club, eg 50% so then they would pay 500m for a 50% stake in a football club valued at 1bn
      Agreed. I'm just looking at it from the point of view that £1b to these guys is pocket change to them (if you believe the rumours), so if they wanted us, they'd pay that £1b and not blink an eye.
      biki
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #242: Sep 02, 2016 09:35:39 am
      Agreed. I'm just looking at it from the point of view that £1b to these guys is pocket change to them (if you believe the rumours), so if they wanted us, they'd pay that £1b and not blink an eye.

That depends on what they want, they don't have so much money by just flinging it everywhere. They probably don't know the first thing about running a football club responsibly so want to buy a stake in the club for a number of years before buying the club out right.

They will have all sorts of targets and exposures to hit, at the moment their exposure to a football club in England might only be 500m or even 250m.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #243: Sep 02, 2016 09:45:09 am
      That depends on what they want, they don't have so much money by just flinging it everywhere. They probably don't know the first thing about running a football club responsibly so want to buy a stake in the club for a number of years before buying the club out right.

Fuckinghell lets hope they dont learn off John and Tom!
      biki
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #244: Sep 02, 2016 10:12:45 am
      Fuckinghell lets hope they dont learn off John and Tom!

Ha tbh there's not many people out there to learn from, a blend of our current owners and the mega rich Man City's and PSG's of the world would do me!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #245: Sep 02, 2016 10:41:49 am
      The Kenny and Collymore deals have no relevance in today's market because it's not even close to what we have today. Carroll however good god yes I do think something died a little when we spent 35 million on that donkey but I will point out we earned that cash to piss away from selling Torres

Swings and roundabouts innit.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #246: Sep 02, 2016 10:43:22 am

We need to remember that it wouldn't be a complete overhaul of players.

That investment will allow Liverpool to buy a certain calibre of player to compliment current crop plus give the opportunity to match high salaries offered by Real, City, Chelsea and so on.

I think it's the right move.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #247: Sep 02, 2016 11:05:09 am
      You couldn't resist that could you Stu ?    ;D

Haha the story did fit mate but as events unfolded the Chinese whisper description is gaining credibility.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #248: Sep 02, 2016 11:32:40 am

You'd rather not win it at all that way! That's an incredible statement, Is that you John?  ;D

Mate we only a couple of world class players short of being champions IMO, were missing a great opportunity here.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      Reply #249: Sep 02, 2016 12:48:46 pm
       :lmao:

Graeme Kelly ‏@GraemeKelly1  4m4 minutes ago
      Graeme Kelly Retweeted L.F.C URCHINS
      Hahahahahahahahahaha, quality.Graeme Kelly added,

L.F.C URCHINS @AnfieldU
      Plans are in place to add another tier to the Kemyln Road Stand. #LFC
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8547 
      Reply #250: Sep 02, 2016 01:42:52 pm
      :lmao:

Graeme Kelly ‏@GraemeKelly1  4m4 minutes ago
      Graeme Kelly Retweeted L.F.C URCHINS
      Hahahahahahahahahaha, quality.Graeme Kelly added,

L.F.C URCHINS @AnfieldU
      Plans are in place to add another tier to the Kemyln Road Stand. #LFC

Hahaha boss tha!

As I've already said please make this happen so we can F**k off the donuts and get some Dim Sum on the kop menu board ;)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      Reply #251: Sep 02, 2016 01:58:10 pm
      If the Chinese get their way and buy the club or for that matter even if it's a minority stake, the money they have at their disposal is mind boggling. It could transform us in one transfer window.

I can see Neymar getting use to a bit of lobscouse!  :D

About time we had a bit of luck in the financial circles

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8547 
      Reply #252: Sep 02, 2016 02:02:20 pm
      If the Chinese get their way and buy the club or for that matter even if it's a minority stake, the money they have at their disposal is mind boggling. It could transform us in one transfer window.

I can see Neymar getting use to a bit of lobscouse!  :D

About time we had a bit of luck in the financial circles

Bollocks to Neymar, only one Barca attacker I'd take.

Don't have to call it lobscouse, it's just scouse  :laugh:

Quick Reply