Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Chinese State Owned Company Everbright

Read 42377 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Chinese State Owned Company Everbright
      Reply #253: Sep 02, 2016 02:21:09 pm
      Wouldn't say no to Mr Suarez either

Yeah, reason I called it lobscouse is because I didn't want anyone thinking I was implying Neymar didn't like Scouse(ers) :D

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      Reply #254: Sep 02, 2016 02:21:22 pm
      If this deal is on the table, and FSG turn it down, then they've nowhere to hide. Every game we lose, this story coming out will turn out to be a massive monkey on their back. It'll be like, ok fine - don't sell, but you'd better start putting your hands in your own pockets from now on in
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #255: Sep 02, 2016 02:31:22 pm
      To be fair they did buy us in a fire sale, I think our value at the time was really much higher than £300million, but you can only get what someone is willing to pay and I think the board and the banks were happy at that time to see Hicks and Gillett walk away with as little as possible.

For me the more baffling thing is the low price that we were sold TO Hicks and Gillett for, spent years trying to find a buyer and then sold the club for what was looking back a pittance. 

David Moores must be crying buckets at the thought -"If only I'd held on a bit longer".....

But then he was never the sharpest knife in the drawer.

"You'll never wok alone"
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #256: Sep 02, 2016 02:35:17 pm
      Don't have to call it lobscouse, it's just scouse

In the more refined areas like Leigh it is known as Lobby or when you have visitors Potato Ash. :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #257: Sep 02, 2016 02:35:49 pm
      David Moores must be crying buckets at the thought -"If only I'd held on a bit longer".....

Wasn't it the £80 million he got in his back pocket and the promise of some bullshit "life president" position, whereas had the arabs offer been excepted, they would have swept the board clean.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #258: Sep 02, 2016 02:38:45 pm
      The Arabs promised him Life President as well. The worse thingis that he shook hands on the deal until Parry got in touch with Dumb and Dumber, who promised more money.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #259: Sep 02, 2016 02:43:54 pm
      The Arabs promised him Life President as well. The worse thingis that he shook hands on the deal until Parry got in touch with Dumb and Dumber, who promised more money.

Now I never knew about the Life President offer from the Dubai lot, so it came down simply to the offer of more money and not what was good for the club!!
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #260: Sep 02, 2016 02:50:32 pm
      How would it have been any different if the Dubai group bought us in 2007? You realise they went out of business a while back?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #261: Sep 02, 2016 03:39:17 pm
      Now I never knew about the Life President offer from the Dubai lot, so it came down simply to the offer of more money and not what was good for the club!!

Life Presidency, the continued success of LFC, it doesn't mean Jack sh*t when personal gain takes precedent.
       That statement applies coincidentally to the year on year, decade on decade loss of status of LFC; right up to the incumbents we now contemplate.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #262: Sep 02, 2016 03:43:57 pm
      I find it real F***ing weird that fans don't mind having the best manager just the best players; what if we only got Jürgen because we paid him more money than anyone else? Isn't buying Jürgen buying the league? Brain hurting? Sorry, I've digressed...  :-[

All you fans who don't want to see us 'buy' the league by having the best players, play for the best manager, can rest easy.

The Chinese will only be brought in to help hedge FSG's sure bet even further. Will you lot quit panicking for F**k's sake: who's to say that they will demand we try to win the league or anything as ridiculous as that?  :o

We won't compete for  the best; we won't compete with  the best and your high moral code will not be compromised.

Me? Soft c**t that I am, I just long for us to be winners again.  :-\

I'm not asking for the world either; just a seed change which, see the end to spending £300m on 15 players, [in the hope that carpet F***ing bagging F***ing millionaires, with no love for Liverpool F***ing F F***ing C, what so F***ing EVER, can increase their investment even further]... and instead the same £300m is spent on 5 players (who will help my beloved Reds win again).

Each to their own... but I'd rather be remembered for having have no morals than be taken, up the F***ing arse sideways, by cu*ts like FSG. No offence... but when John Doublya reads sh*t like "I don't want us to buy the league" - his gristly wab must throb with pain at the thought of busting even more Reds fans' stars.

:scarf::jackoff:   :scarf::jackoff:  :scarf::jackoff:
      +14
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #263: Sep 02, 2016 03:47:03 pm
      I find it real F***ing weird that fans don't mind having the best manager just the best players; what if we only got Jürgen because we paid him more money than anyone else? Isn't buying Jürgen buying the league? Brain hurting? Sorry, I've digressed...  :-[

All you fans who don't want to see us 'buy' the league by having the best players, play for the best manager, can rest easy.

The Chinese will only be brought in to help hedge FSG's sure bet even further. Will you lot quit panicking for F**k's sake: who's to say that they will demand we try to win the league or anything as ridiculous as that?  :o

We won't compete for  the best; we won't compete with  the best and your high moral code will not be compromised.

I'm not asking for the world either; just a seed change which, see the end to spending £300m on 15 players,[ in the hope that carpet F***ing bagging F***ing millionaires, with no love for Liverpool F***ing F F***ing C, what so F***ing EVER, can increase their investment even further]... and instead the same £300m is spent on 5 players (who will help my beloved Reds win again).

Each to their own... but I'd rather be remembered for having have no morals than be taken, up the F***ing arse sideways, by cu*ts like FSG. No offence... but when John Doublya reads sh*t like "I don't want us to buy the league" - his gristly wab must throb with pain at the thought of busting even more Reds fans' stars.

I'm not asking for the world either; just a seed change which, see the end to spending £300m on 15 players,[ in the hope that carpet F***ing bagging F***ing millionaires, with no love for Liverpool F***ing F F***ing C, what so F***ing EVER, can increase their investment even further]... and instead the same £300m is spent on 5 players (who will help my beloved Reds win again).

In a fckin nut shell ,
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #264: Sep 02, 2016 03:48:23 pm

So nice, you quoted it twice ;D
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #265: Sep 02, 2016 04:09:47 pm
      If the Chinese get their way and buy the club or for that matter even if it's a minority stake, the money they have at their disposal is mind boggling. It could transform us in one transfer window.

I can see Neymar getting use to a bit of lobscouse!  :D

About time we had a bit of luck in the financial circles

If they buy a minority stake there is no incentive for them to invest unless FSG are willing to invest the equivalent amount depending on the percentages each group holds.

If they own 20% they wont invest £50 million (or anything) because basically they would be giving £40 million to the group who own 80%.

I would hope that if they did buy 20% the owners would use the money within the club, but there are no guarantees. If anyone buy a minority stake in the club it will be up to JH what happen to the money. 

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #266: Sep 02, 2016 04:35:43 pm
      How would it have been any different if the Dubai group bought us in 2007? You realise they went out of business a while back?

Has Godolphin gone out of business yet? Don't think it has so what's your point?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #267: Sep 02, 2016 05:50:16 pm
      No that was a fck up on my behalf  my phone is playing up .
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #268: Sep 02, 2016 08:15:44 pm

Sort of mate. They did close however the guy that runs the show is still worth a net £18 billion. Turns out that billion dollar DIC company was a plaything of his. Scary really.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #269: Sep 03, 2016 02:27:14 am
      I find it real f**king weird that fans don't mind having the best manager just the best players; what if we only got Jürgen because we paid him more money than anyone else? Isn't buying Jürgen buying the league? Brain hurting? Sorry, I've digressed...  :-[

The Chinese will only be brought in to help hedge FSG's sure bet even further. Will you lot quit panicking for f**k's sake: who's to say that they will demand we try to win the league or anything as ridiculous as that?  :o

I'm not asking for the world either; just a seed change which, see the end to spending £300m on 15 players, [in the hope that carpet f**king bagging f**king millionaires, with no love for Liverpool f**king F f**king C, what so f**king EVER, can increase their investment even further]... and instead the same £300m is spent on 5 players (who will help my beloved Reds win again).

Each to their own... but I'd rather be remembered for having have no morals than be taken, up the f**king arse sideways, by cu*ts like FSG. No offence... but when John Doublya reads sh*t like "I don't want us to buy the league" - his gristly wab must throb with pain at the thought of busting even more Reds fans' stars.

Can't say it any better bud. +1. I used to be a sentamentalist but things have changed since the 90s and success on the pitch is everything and anything else is out of the window. 6 years, yes 6 long years to find out what FSG is all about is truly very very painful, for me at least. Love that 300 mil bit. If they had been smart enough, 60mil for 2 world class players over 3 years 180 mil, we would have formed the backbone of the team to compete and FSG's investment may have multifolded by now. Dwelled and procrastinated too much on players' worth, cap wages etc and FSG has lost the big picture. Alas, in hindsight.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #270: Sep 03, 2016 03:33:03 am
      It's easy to sympathise with both points of views. I've been sceptical in the past about 'buying the league' but I also look on in envy at the hundreds of millions that have been spent to restructure a club like Man City from the bottom up. I mean, just look at their training and youth facilities. State of the art and untouchable.

If that was part of a multibillion pound investors plan for Liverpool (and lets throw in more Anfield expansion plans for good measure), then I would admittedly find it very difficult to turn that down.

That's hypocritical I know - as it is merely spending millions to gain an advantage but just by other means. But it would be indicative of a transformation that goes beyond just spending on players. If folk could be persuaded of a ground level transformation like that, would it tempt them?

That said, (to add more self-hypocrisy) regarding the spending front, when watching Mignolet drop clangers left, right and centre, surely it pushed the most ardent sentimentalist to spend the equivalence of a small African country's GDP on a new goalie?!!  ;D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      Reply #271: Sep 03, 2016 08:07:53 am
      There's talk now that FSG are only offering a 10% stake in the club
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #272: Sep 03, 2016 09:11:43 am
      There's talk now that FSG are only offering a 10% stake in the club

Basically paying for the stand then!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #273: Sep 03, 2016 11:22:51 am
      Bollocks to Neymar, only one Barca attacker I'd take.

Don't have to call it lobscouse, it's just scouse  :laugh:

Technically it should be Lapskaus, it is a Norwegian dish after all, making you lots skausers rather than scousers ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #274: Sep 03, 2016 11:31:21 am
      If they buy a minority stake there is no incentive for them to invest unless FSG are willing to invest the equivalent amount depending on the percentages each group holds.

If they own 20% they wont invest £50 million (or anything) because basically they would be giving £40 million to the group who own 80%.

I would hope that if they did buy 20% the owners would use the money within the club, but there are no guarantees. If anyone buy a minority stake in the club it will be up to JH what happen to the money. 

Yes and no, the initial investment will have to go into the club, at least a fair chunk of it anyway, otherwise there will be F***ing uproar form the fans. Beyond that you have a point that it would make little sense for the them to plough more money in without FSG matching it, but if they are more ambitious than FSG, and its hard to imagine anyone being less, then they will probably get pissed off with that situation and look to buy out the whole club.

In summary getting another investor, however small is good.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #275: Sep 03, 2016 02:19:09 pm
      I'm still under the impression that by purchasing this stake, they are injecting cash into the club itself, not using that money to just pay off our debts (I.e the stadium debt).

Savvy businessman always like to keep a percentage of the business in debt (30-40% usually) for tax shelter purposes because it'll help them maximize the value of the the business.

I think FSG would use this as cash to come in and just immediately go right to upping the value of the club. Perhaps some of that would go toward players, some would go toward general improvements and salaries and stuff like that, other (my guess is this would be the bulk of it) would go toward commercial work in China and Asia I'd bet and we'd probably end up trying to work with more sponsorships from there, and perhaps a small portion would go to FSG. Usually this money gets reinvested into the club, not just taken by the owners and run off with - unless they were selling out entirely.

Besides I'm pretty sure the main stand will be taken care of through naming right and increases in matchday revenues. That was an investment that was pretty much a sure fire payoff as long as they keep the people coming.

Quick Reply