Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Chinese State Owned Company Everbright

Read 42190 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Re: Chinese State Owned Company Everbright
      Reply #23: Aug 20, 2016 10:32:28 pm
      Stalking horse to bring the Arabs to the table...

Would be hard pressed to find a bigger investor than a Chinese state corporation.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #24: Aug 20, 2016 10:33:02 pm
      Maybe I'm old fashioned, but doesn't all this talk of money just seem so vulgar?

Did Liverpool spend more than their rivals in the heyday?

With the simply ludicrous amounts in the game today, doesn't football seem cheap?
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #26: Aug 20, 2016 11:15:01 pm
      Amanda Staveley involved who has strong links with Dubai & ME.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #27: Aug 20, 2016 11:23:30 pm
      Maybe I'm old fashioned, but doesn't all this talk of money just seem so vulgar?

With the simply ludicrous amounts in the game today, doesn't football seem cheap?

Yes we did and we bought players just so other teams couldn't. Obviously wasn't at the level of money we're seeing now, but to say we never spent big amounts of money is revisionist.

Be interesting to see if this will lead to a full buyout or just end up like the Granada deal in the 90s when they bought a 10% stake in the club.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28: Aug 20, 2016 11:27:33 pm

Am I right in thinking she was a big part in trying to do a deal between us and DIC?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #29: Aug 20, 2016 11:31:58 pm
      Am I right in thinking she was a big part in trying to do a deal between us and DIC?

That's her.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #30: Aug 20, 2016 11:35:07 pm
      Be interesting to see if this will lead to a full buyout or just end up like the Granada deal in the 90s when they bought a 10% stake in the club.

Haha.  That was so small time thinking back now.  Wasn't even 10%.  Think it was 9.9% for some bizarre reason!

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #31: Aug 21, 2016 12:01:33 am
      Yes we did and we bought players just so other teams couldn't. Obviously wasn't at the level of money we're seeing now, but to say we never spent big amounts of money is revisionist.

We never consistently spent the most though. Spent big maybe, spent the most? No.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #32: Aug 21, 2016 12:14:47 am
      So imagine some consortium buys us, then we end up spending more than everyone else and buy a league title. Are people really shallow enough to be happy with that? Jürgen himself said he wouldn't go down that route even if possible. I'd like to think we could win the league "honestly"...
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #33: Aug 21, 2016 12:15:14 am
      This story obviously has legs to it as the likes of James Pearce, Jonathan Northcroft and co are all reliably informed that this is a serious offer with the Chinese state company offering either (A) a full takeover or (B) a stake in the club. If it were to be a full takeover, it would be the most expensive one yet - £800 million. But under the circumstances, a minority stake in the club looks much more likely if a bid was forthcoming as FSG admitted they are open to investment. A minority stake wouldn't change the dynamics though would it?

« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2016 12:37:30 am by Son Of A Gun »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #34: Aug 21, 2016 12:23:32 am
      I don't get it. We complain FSG won't stump up some serious cash, and now, when we have a sniff of a chance of getting some serious investment, we complain that we don't want to spend the kind of money it now takes to win things. Consistently.

Football has changed. I don't like the way it has changed, but it has changed. Evolve or die.

I don't care how we win number 19 after 26 years of frustration. If we win it Leicester style, I'll be happy, and if we win it because we've just shelled out £150m on three world class players, I can tell you I'll be just as happy. We need a big cash injection to get us into the ECL, after that, things will calm down, and if they don't, then there's nothing you or I can do about that.

Folk are saying be careful what you wish for, but I see it as we've not done much for 26 years so perhaps it's time to take a gamble. Just because you now have lots of money, it doesn't mean you have to go mental with it. But if you want to win titles and win Champions League finals, then you need funds.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #35: Aug 21, 2016 12:26:37 am
      Don't you just know the "minority stake" will be to clear their initial investment. Sell 25% of the club for everything you owe and all your initial investment meaning what remains is pure profit and 0 risk.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #36: Aug 21, 2016 12:34:30 am
      I don't get it. We complain FSG won't stump up some serious cash, and now, when we have a sniff of a chance of getting some serious investment, we complain that we don't want to spend the kind of money it now takes to win things. Consistently.

Football has changed. I don't like the way it has changed, but it has changed. Evolve or die.

I don't care how we win number 19 after 26 years of frustration. If we win it Leicester style, I'll be happy, and if we win it because we've just shelled out £150m on three world class players, I can tell you I'll be just as happy. We need a big cash injection to get us into the ECL, after that, things will calm down, and if they don't, then there's nothing you or I can do about that.

Folk are saying be careful what you wish for, but I see it as we've not done much for 26 years so perhaps it's time to take a gamble. Just because you now have lots of money, it doesn't mean you have to go mental with it. But if you want to win titles and win Champions League finals, then you need funds.

Completely understand your point, but we do have funds, otherwise we wouldn't have spent 30 odd million on Mane, 25m on a championship player and so on. If we had funds to buy Suarez back, I'd be all over that, not because he's world class, although that helps, but because his attitude toward the game is priceless. I just don't want our club to spend exorbitant amounts to appease the fans alá Maureen with Pogba and Zlatan. And before anyone says Zlatan was a free transfer, I'd bet he's on 500k a week!

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #37: Aug 21, 2016 12:35:14 am
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #38: Aug 21, 2016 12:38:39 am

Yep, totally agree. A share of the club being traded by one group of owners who are in it for the bottom line, to another, similarly only interested in using the club for their own ends (money, prestige, a veneer of respectability...whateve r), just doesn't get me "excited" I'm afraid -- even if it could mean spending silly money on new players. Who you are and how you work should actually mean something. Otherwise you may as well just pick the richest team and support them.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #39: Aug 21, 2016 12:39:52 am

A farce. Spin merchants from the club feeding lies to the press in order to preoccupy fans from debating a lack of playing quality after another shoddy defeat.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #40: Aug 21, 2016 12:45:21 am
      I don't get it. We complain FSG won't stump up some serious cash, and now, when we have a sniff of a chance of getting some serious investment, we complain that we don't want to spend the kind of money it now takes to win things. Consistently

Liverpool have the money to spend. We havent because the owners have decided that stand should be paid for using transfer funds. We're spending less now than 8 years ago.

The thought of LFC being 60% one group 40% another would not end well. We've had joint managers and joint owners before and they've both been grim situations.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #41: Aug 21, 2016 03:49:42 am
      It would probably be to increase the club's profile in the area, rather than them coming in and providing buckets of money. If this were true, i'd imagine it would've happened much earlier to help pay off the stadium upgrade. Right now, it doesn't really add up to get someone in to purely provide money.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #42: Aug 21, 2016 06:00:02 am

Yes . 

You are right  and the lovely Amanda won hearts and minds post script being quoted as finding Hicks obnoxious when he asked for a £ billion for the club way back then .

This is an old story .

It first raised its head in June and I'm surprised the topic and the thread hasn't referred to it.

Two months old.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-takeover-state-backed-chinese-group-want-to-buy-club-from-fenway-for-700m-a7083836.html

Indeed the article is prophetic.

It lists six players who could leave Liverpool in the summer window.

They've got Skrtel , Benteke , Allen and Ibe  nailed on.

They also listed Mignolet and Moreno. 

We wish.

(They missed Henderson )
      « Last Edit: Aug 21, 2016 06:10:23 am by MIRO »
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #43: Aug 21, 2016 02:04:01 pm
      If its a chinese takeover but one that will result in true and serious resources in the club.   so be it and lets get it done

we were the premier team to beat many moons ago.  now we hardly get a sniff at top 4 and seriously, we cling onto our history because we are not making any new ones... 

Liverpool is my team, like it is yours, and its been frustratingly difficult to see and witness our decline over the past decade.  There are alot of new money pumped into the league now.  heck even, our shadow (everton) has a serious owner now. 

I definitely like to see our club move forward be it new owners or old. however I feel that the forerunner clubs are distancing themselves from us while the clubs behind us are catching up. 

anyways, just my point of view,  if i consistently underachieved, i would have been terminated eons ago
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #44: Aug 21, 2016 03:50:40 pm
      Chinese government trying to flex its muscles and show some might after a disappointing Olympics (i.e being behind Team GB in the medals table). They'll also still be reeling they were stopped in their tracks over Hinckley Point.

Take this with a huge pinch of salt. It's China ffs. I'd be against it even if it was a possibility.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #45: Aug 21, 2016 04:38:23 pm
      All this and we'll probably just end up with a new stand named the 'Pikachu stand' and one of these soft Cu*ts running around the pitch and a load of other cu*ts chasing him with their mobile phones.....

Apparently he's a decent left back.

Pretty sure Pokémon is Japanese.  :lmao:

But I catch your drift. I think of it more as Anfield would be filled with more of this:

Quick Reply