Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Chinese State Owned Company Everbright

Read 42411 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Chinese State Owned Company Everbright
      Reply #299: Dec 14, 2016 06:44:06 pm
      ha!
      John W. Henry ‏@John_W_Henry  28m28 minutes ago
      @BroadcastMoose @LFC Good that your sources will be debunked so soon.  Usually it takes a long time!

John W. Henry on Twitter is hilarious!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #300: Dec 14, 2016 06:59:54 pm
      It was always denied at the outset by Everbright and there's been no further statement, nothing whatever.
      This speculation is nonsense.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #301: Dec 14, 2016 08:57:23 pm
      JH denies the clubs for sale

Our club has been up for sale from the moment they got here !

The second someone offers them enough money they will be gone, they are only here to make money.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,190 posts | 1272 
      Reply #302: Dec 14, 2016 10:24:59 pm

TalkSport could say the sky is blue and I still wouldn't believe them.

Bunch of absolute clowns at that radio station.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #303: Dec 14, 2016 10:32:01 pm

Couldn't have put it better myself. Radio for Sun readers.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #304: Dec 15, 2016 07:53:19 am

Ironic the words everbright and talksport being used in the same sentence
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #305: Dec 15, 2016 08:29:23 am
      Ironic the words everbright sh*te and talksportsh*te being used in the same sentence

Fixed it for you
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #306: Dec 15, 2016 08:39:32 am
      Didn't that vile piece of sh*t McKenzie own TalkSport?.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #307: Feb 04, 2017 08:53:14 pm
       :couch:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #308: Feb 05, 2017 08:57:19 pm
      Whats the dilemma  FSG ?

You've got away with no serious money being spent in the last three windows ....... is Klopp now having to pay for Rodger's spending orgy on complete sh*te ?

Or

Are you waiting for the summer to see if we can recover to get a CL place on a threadbare squad which would put a few million on the club price.

?

Perfect world ?   Pay nothing ,  just get into the CL and sell us off

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #309: Feb 05, 2017 09:06:25 pm
      Whats the dilemma  FSG ?

You've got away with no serious money being spent in the last three windows ....... is Klopp now having to pay for Rodger's spending orgy on complete sh*te ?

Or

Are you waiting for the summer to see if we can recover to get a CL place on a threadbare squad which would put a few million on the club price.

?

Perfect world ?   Pay nothing ,  just get into the CL and sell us off

Yeah apart from the fact that managers don't set or bid the valuation on players so its more accurate to blame spending spree for those above Rodgers. I know you blame Rodgers from everything from Manquillo to the Holocaust but come on know one is having that!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #310: Feb 05, 2017 09:29:06 pm
      Chinese are shitting money out they have so much...a little ambition on they're part such as overpaying 30% or something would get the job done I would think.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #311: Feb 05, 2017 09:31:52 pm
      Clear debt, build stand, stabilise wages, spend next to nothing on players so as not to saddle the club with more debt, get ECL (or perhaps that's not essential), then sell on for a tidy profit

Looking more likely to me
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #312: Feb 05, 2017 09:37:34 pm
      im kinda ready for a chinese takeover now i think

lessor of two evils imo.  i rather have them buy us and support us correctly than slowly watch FSG suck every drop of history and future out for money

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #313: Feb 05, 2017 11:24:13 pm
      im kinda ready for a chinese takeover now i think

lessor of two evils imo.  i rather have them buy us and support us correctly than slowly watch FSG suck every drop of history and future out for money

I actually agree with this. Whilst on the whole, the idea that money controls football highly irritates me, proper owners are what's needed for our club to flourish again. Get the players we actually want, rather than make do to save money...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #314: Apr 13, 2017 02:04:52 pm
      AC Milan the world famous Rosseneri  has been sold to a Chinese Consortium today.

Chinese investors "  Rossoneri Sport Investment Lux "  have completed the takeover of AC Milan, promising "significant capital increases".

The Serie A club have been owned by former Italy prime minister Slippery  ;D   Silvio Berlusconi since 1986.

In that time they won eight league titles and five European cups.

However, Milan's last league title came in 2011 and they have finished seventh, 10th and eighth in the last three seasons
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #315: Apr 13, 2017 02:08:16 pm
      AC Milan the world famous Rosseneri  has been sold to a Chinese Consortium today.

Chinese investors "  Rossoneri Sport Investment Lux "  have completed the takeover of AC Milan, promising "significant capital increases".

The Serie A club have been owned by former Italy prime minister Slippery  ;D   Silvio Berlusconi since 1986.

However, Milan's last league title came in 2011 and they have finished seventh, 10th and eighth in the last three seasons

As bonkers as he was a politician you can't fault an ownership record like that. Supreme. Also brought in a little known Sacchi. A big influence on Italian football. Would like to see AC Milan playing back at the top of European competition. Like Liverpool, the Champions League is a worse competition without them.

With regards to these new owners I heard journalist James Hornecastle say a few weeks back that he hoped this deal wouldn't go through as the buyers have no credibility whatsoever.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #316: Apr 13, 2017 03:40:54 pm
      As bonkers as he was a politician you can't fault an ownership record like that. Supreme. Also brought in a little known Sacchi. A big influence on Italian football. Would like to see AC Milan playing back at the top of European competition. Like Liverpool, the Champions League is a worse competition without them.

With regards to these new owners I heard journalist James Hornecastle say a few weeks back that he hoped this deal wouldn't go through as the buyers have no credibility whatsoever.

All of these companies have the backing/involvement of the Chinese government, which still suppresses freedom of speech, press, religion, elections and still sanctions severe human rights violations toward dissenters about these policies. Berlusconi was/is a money-grubbing, corrupt woman-oppressing letch. So it's kind of frying pan/fire to me.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #317: Apr 13, 2017 04:19:09 pm

The same shysters who were apparently interested in us, I guess the proof will be in the pasta if they turn out to be a success or not,
      I dunno tho, not the sort of Chinese takeaway that ticks all the boxes, probably better left alone

Noodles anyone??

YNWA
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #318: May 03, 2017 09:13:14 pm
      I find it sad and a bit pathetic to have people wish and hope for a takeover of the club by owners that will "splash the cash". Do you really want to give in to the mentality of Manchester City and their oil money? To what United has become after Ferguson? Is anything acceptable as long as it gives us trophies? Do you want to practically buy them outright, like City did and United is trying to do? We almost won it a few years ago spending half of what City did. Leicester won it last year. Right now we are above (in the table) both Manchester teams which have become a symbol of what too many teams in football have become: buying enterprises with a "buy till you make it" motto. Sad.

We have the coach to take us to great things. Look what he did with Dortmund. Am I saying we should not buy? Of course not. We have to buy, we have to get reinforcements. But we cannot buy an entire team or let money dominate over football itself. Over actually trying to train a group of people into a great team, instead of buying finished products like Real Madrid. One of the things I`m proudest of Liverpool as a club is that we have a sense of honor, of not being willing to sell our souls. I have seen this tarnished by what we have done to Southampton and by buying a certain Italian player, but I still believe we are better than many big successful clubs. If you had been a City fan your entire life, would you mindlessly celebrate the clubs recent successes knowing that they are in majority owing to money? I for one hope this never happens. The day we become Mansour City is the day I`ll take a break from football and start watching more NBA and their admirable salary-cap system. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #319: May 03, 2017 09:54:34 pm
      I find it sad and a bit pathetic to have people wish and hope for a takeover of the club by owners that will "splash the cash". Do you really want to give in to the mentality of Manchester City and their oil money? To what United has become after Ferguson? Is anything acceptable as long as it gives us trophies? Do you want to practically buy them outright, like City did and United is trying to do? We almost won it a few years ago spending half of what City did. Leicester won it last year. Right now we are above (in the table) both Manchester teams which have become a symbol of what too many teams in football have become: buying enterprises with a "buy till you make it" motto. Sad.

Hate to break it to you, we used to do exactly the same in our heyday, granted wasn't like the crazy money being splashed now, but we spent it and we bought players to stop other teams getting them.

Revisionism is fantastic isn't it!!
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #320: May 04, 2017 05:12:25 am
      5 years down the road after FSG took over and i haven't seen anything yet that gives me the hope that they will return us to where we belong. . Out of Europe for the last 3 years and top 4 hanging in the balance.

Heck, yes i will welcome a new owner to freshen things upand give us hope. Surely it will be better thab what it is now.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #321: May 04, 2017 06:57:48 am
      Hate to break it to you, we used to do exactly the same in our heyday, granted wasn't like the crazy money being splashed now, but we spent it and we bought players to stop other teams getting them.

Revisionism is fantastic isn't it!!

I've tried telling a few that on hear falls on deaf years mate I guess it's the sky generation , you know when football really started ,

Quick Reply