Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Chinese State Owned Company Everbright

Read 42414 times
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Re: Chinese State Owned Company Everbright
      Reply #322: May 04, 2017 02:26:42 pm
      a chinese takeover is pretty much similar to the h&g take over and then fsg take over.

problem is we already know h&g take over was a total scam and fsg while vocal in their pursuit of glory hasnt truly put money where their month is

this summer transfer is everything. klopp has said he will buy and will buy quality.  lets see if fsg steps up

if we get the same dog and pony show come august, then maybe it is time we need new caretakers that can match our ambition
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #323: May 04, 2017 02:54:43 pm
      5 years down the road after FSG took over and i haven't seen anything yet that gives me the hope that they will return us to where we belong. . Out of Europe for the last 3 years and top 4 hanging in the balance.

Heck, yes i will welcome a new owner to freshen things upand give us hope. Surely it will be better thab what it is now.

Yet since Klopp took over we have had 2 finals and 3 wins away from being back in the Champions League. Compare that to the season before when we were getting smashed 6-1 by Stoke.
      Yeah, you're right, no progress at all.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #324: May 04, 2017 05:07:43 pm
      Yet since Klopp took over we have had 2 finals and 3 wins away from being back in the Champions League. Compare that to the season before when we were getting smashed 6-1 by Stoke.

And how much of the improvement is down to FSG? With the exception of bringing in Jürgen they've done nothing to get us back to our glory days, It's all down to Klopp.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #325: May 04, 2017 09:49:32 pm
      And how much of the improvement is down to FSG? With the exception of bringing in Jürgen they've done nothing to get us back to our glory days, It's all down to Klopp.

Won't be long before people start trying to give credit to someone else for Klopp being here instead of give a shred of praise to FSG.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #326: May 04, 2017 10:03:15 pm
      Won't be long before people start trying to give credit to someone else for Klopp being here instead of give a shred of praise to FSG.

That depends on whether he wins something. If he doesn't, I can very much guarantee it'll be FSG's fault.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #327: May 04, 2017 10:23:06 pm
      I find it sad and a bit pathetic to have people wish and hope for a takeover of the club by owners that will "splash the cash". Do you really want to give in to the mentality of Manchester City and their oil money? To what United has become after Ferguson? Is anything acceptable as long as it gives us trophies? Do you want to practically buy them outright, like City did and United is trying to do? We almost won it a few years ago spending half of what City did. Leicester won it last year. Right now we are above (in the table) both Manchester teams which have become a symbol of what too many teams in football have become: buying enterprises with a "buy till you make it" motto. Sad.

We have the coach to take us to great things. Look what he did with Dortmund. Am I saying we should not buy? Of course not. We have to buy, we have to get reinforcements. But we cannot buy an entire team or let money dominate over football itself. Over actually trying to train a group of people into a great team, instead of buying finished products like Real Madrid. One of the things I`m proudest of Liverpool as a club is that we have a sense of honor, of not being willing to sell our souls. I have seen this tarnished by what we have done to Southampton and by buying a certain Italian player, but I still believe we are better than many big successful clubs. If you had been a City fan your entire life, would you mindlessly celebrate the clubs recent successes knowing that they are in majority owing to money? I for one hope this never happens. The day we become Mansour City is the day I`ll take a break from football and start watching more NBA and their admirable salary-cap system. 

City fans have never been happier, same with Chelsea fans, they could care less how the got their success, they're actually mocking us for the way we conduct our transfer business, and rightly so! Madrid have 32 league titles and 11 European cups atm, do their supporters feel their trophies are less devalued? Hell no!

Football has moved on, revenues are massive now compared to what they used to be, but it's always been the same, the clubs that spend the most are usually the ones that are most successful, and the best players tend to command the most money in wages and transfer fees.

We would all love to be able to bring consistent success (not just one season like Leicester) without spending big, but the is, as has been proven all over the world, that it doesn't happen that way.

If we become super rich somehow, all that will have happened I'd that we would  have a level playing field from which to operate, because even though we're currently ahead of city and Utd, they are prepared to do whatever it takes to get back to the top, and that means spending whatever it takes to get there.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #328: May 04, 2017 10:26:02 pm

You wouldn't think so given their stadium is half empty a lot of the time.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #329: May 04, 2017 10:27:26 pm
      That depends on whether he wins something. If he doesn't, I can very much guarantee it'll be FSG's fault.

If he doesn't win anything, we'll have to evaluate why. If he can't get his first choice players due to financial restrictions, he will have to be give some slack, if he regularly get to finals and loses then it's probably some kind of curse, and we'll have to sacrifice done virgins 😁
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #330: May 04, 2017 10:29:54 pm
      You wouldn't think so given their stadium is half empty a lot of the time.

Well lets be honest,  Manchester is red unfortunately. Either that or city fans are being priced out, which is a possibility.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #331: May 04, 2017 10:59:32 pm
      If he doesn't win anything, we'll have to evaluate why. If he can't get his first choice players due to financial restrictions, he will have to be give some slack, if he regularly get to finals and loses then it's probably some kind of curse, and we'll have to sacrifice done virgins 😁

I was being ironic.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #332: May 05, 2017 09:40:12 am
      FA CUP FINALIST
      2009/10 Portsmouth
      2010/11 Stoke
      2012/13 Wigan
      2013/14 Hull
      2014/15 Villa
      2015/16 Palace

These teams have not had the financial and business expertise of a FSG, or the management of a Mr Jürgen Klopp and yet they have all made it to the final of a FA Cup so your point of " Yet since Klopp took over we have had 2 finals and 3 wins away from being back in the Champions League" mean what exactly...?

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #333: May 05, 2017 10:35:59 am

Yeah, I was tired forgive me 🙂
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #334: May 05, 2017 10:43:12 am
      Actually the January window where we signed Coutinho and Sturridge was our best window.
      Out of lasts summer's window only Mane and to a lesser extent Gini have proved to be a success, though hopefully Karius will come good.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #335: May 05, 2017 11:28:51 am
      so your point of " Yet since Klopp took over we have had 2 finals and 3 wins away from being back in the Champions League" mean what exactly...?

What I say, 2 finals (1 of which was in Europe) and 3 wins away from the Champions League. Compare that to what we had between that and since our last final under Kenny.
      Not exactly hard to figure out what I meant.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #336: May 05, 2017 11:51:37 am
      I would seriously doubt FSG are considering selling up at this point, I don't think Liverpool have reached their maximum value just yet, any investment would be unlikely to find it's way into the transfer kitty, the extension of the Anfield Rd end maybe.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #337: May 05, 2017 12:24:22 pm
      What I say, 2 finals (1 of which was in Europe) and 3 wins away from the Champions League. Compare that to what we had between that and since our last final under Kenny.
      Not exactly hard to figure out what I meant.
      But none of that can be directly put down to Klopp or FSG...In amongst those figures I gave you was that teams like City,Arsenal, Chelsea were reaching finals on a regular basis, and with the exception of the Europa League finals( Probable due to the fact they have not qualified for it) we (LFC); under FSG are just as likely to reach one of those finals as team like Blackburn, Leeds Wolves and Plymouth Argyle... City,Arsenal,Utd and Chelsea Have the owners that are will to invest in the team and pay that little bit more for "Proven Quality", players that move the club forward, get regular domestic cup finals,are fighting out the top four every season, which in turn bring regular CL football, which makes it easier to attracted top talent... Just take Arsenal as a example... They have not spent as much as City of Chelsea on players, But have use there money and regular CL to attract top talent the like of Vieira, Bergkamp,Overmars,Petit Henry etc ,built and paid for a New Stadium, and can now use that money to pay for new talent... The Arsenal Way, and the City/Chelsea Way...

Yet FSG is neither doing one or the other... They instead are doing something more akin to the Mike Ashley Way. Instead for looking to bring back the glory days to our club they are instead bringing The Wonga Days to LFC. Interest free loans on a new stand, my ass, the interest is  just paid as a service charge ... Yes here is £10-20 m pound to buy that new young talent what's his name...? Diego Lionel Ronaldo Suarez Pele, but as soon as we can get £60- £80 million for him we sale him on and re invest that £10-20 million on the next new young talent except FSG fails to do even that... They try to pay the player a pittance of a wage that insures team like Tottenham get old of them instead...while there interest laying just keep LFC in the Premier League and getting the BT/SKY money every season and spend as little as possible to do so...

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #338: May 05, 2017 04:24:56 pm
      But none of that can be directly put down to Klopp or FSG...In amongst those figures I gave you was that teams like City,Arsenal, Chelsea were reaching finals on a regular basis, and with the exception of the Europa League finals( Probable due to the fact they have not qualified for it) we (LFC); under FSG are just as likely to reach one of those finals as team like Blackburn, Leeds Wolves and Plymouth Argyle... City,Arsenal,Utd and Chelsea Have the owners that are will to invest in the team and pay that little bit more for "Proven Quality", players that move the club forward, get regular domestic cup finals,are fighting out the top four every season, which in turn bring regular CL football, which makes it easier to attracted top talent... Just take Arsenal as a example... They have not spent as much as City of Chelsea on players, But have use there money and regular CL to attract top talent the like of Vieira, Bergkamp,Overmars,Petit Henry etc ,built and paid for a New Stadium, and can now use that money to pay for new talent... The Arsenal Way, and the City/Chelsea Way...

Yet FSG is neither doing one or the other... They instead are doing something more akin to the Mike Ashley Way. Instead for looking to bring back the glory days to our club they are instead bringing The Wonga Days to LFC. Interest free loans on a new stand, my ass, the interest is  just paid as a service charge ... Yes here is £10-20 m pound to buy that new young talent what's his name...? Diego Lionel Ronaldo Suarez Pele, but as soon as we can get £60- £80 million for him we sale him on and re invest that £10-20 million on the next new young talent except FSG fails to do even that... They try to pay the player a pittance of a wage that insures team like Tottenham get old of them instead...while there interest laying just keep LFC in the Premier League and getting the BT/SKY money every season and spend as little as possible to do so...

You really are completely missing my point and I'm not sure why. I'm not interested in other teams, I don't care who they are or whether they reach a final or not. My point is, over the BR period of time we reached Zero finals and were going backwards with our results and showed no signs of that changing. Then Klopp took over and reached Two finals and now very close to being back in the Champions League. This is progression since he has taken over compared to the few years before it.

Really not sure how I can break it down for you anymore because like I say, I don't give a toss about other teams and what teams make finals.

Not sure why you are using the likes of Viera, Henry, Bergkamp etc to try and get a point across either because they are well over 10 years ago when the transfer market was completely different to how it is now. You think they'd have have gotten them players now as easily as they did back then? Not a chance in hell. In fact another point regarding them and why it's daft to include them in whatever point it is you are trying to make is that when Arsenal had them players we were getting to plenty of finals, we won 5 competitions in that 1 year as well as getting into the Champions League, finishing 2nd etc so if you are including them signings then why aren't you including the likes of Hyypia, Riise, McAllister etc. Comes to something when somebody brings up signings of another team from about 15 years ago when they were having no more success than us over them years just to try and point score against our current owners.
      And yes, they may have paid for their stadium, and they have completely fleeced the fans to do so with having much higher ticket prices. FSG done that and there would be hell kicking off, look at the stunt they tried pulling with the tickets before. But because Arsenal have used other ways of paying for a stadium than their own money it's all fine?! FSG have their faults and are by no means top class owners but christ, you'd think they were as bad as H&G the way some people go on about them. They really can do no right where some are concerned.
      Also what's this new talent they can now pay for? Because their fans are never happy with lack of money being spent! You say about Arsenal being able to now re-invest money into new players, that's exactly what FSG do with the player sales, invest it back into the new signings. The signings haven't been good enough but we have still paid out enough money on transfer fees to have a far stronger team than we have now so that's a recruitment issue to start with. We paid out around £60mill for Mane and Gini, 2 Premiership and International proven players, but still not good enough. People become far to fixated on Net spend as opposed the player. It's quality, not quantity that should be looked at because it's often a case that the cheaper players are the ones that deliver the most.
      « Last Edit: May 05, 2017 04:39:29 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #339: May 05, 2017 05:01:29 pm

Do we honestly think that the squad is good enough for a sustainable challenge in the long run? Let's put hand to heart and we know the answer. We'll be there but nearly there in the coming years. Strangely, FSG are shrewd businessmen and needs no coaching that initial and continuous  investment on players will reap heavy profits in return. Let's be honest and admit that we've been less attractive to TV channels in recent years and we get to play most of our games on Sunday and not prime time Saturday.  Much said about us  capitulated in the 2nd half of the season and again is that a coincidence? Had investment been made on quality players we could be on top of the league now. Well, some here may have much patience but not me. I've been waiting since 1990 for us to be champions again and any solid company that comes along to bring us to the next level is most welcome.     
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #340: May 05, 2017 05:08:37 pm
      Do we honestly think that the squad is good enough for a sustainable challenge in the long run? Let's put hand to heart and we know the answer. We'll be there but nearly there in the coming years. Strangely, FSG are shrewd businessmen and needs no coaching that initial and continuous  investment on players will reap heavy profits in return. Let's be honest and admit that we've been less attractive to TV channels in recent years and we get to play most of our games on Sunday and not prime time Saturday.  Much said about us  capitulated in the 2nd half of the season and again is that a coincidence? Had investment been made on quality players we could be on top of the league now. Well, some here may have much patience but not me. I've been waiting since 1990 for us to be champions again and any solid company that comes along to bring us to the next level is most welcome.     

Bloody hell what is so hard to understand of my post?! I said we have improved over the few years before which we have. I haven't said anything about sustaining anything in the long run or anything going forward, or anything to do with other teams, just simply we have showed we've started to progress. What is so hard to understand about that?!

F**king hell  :roll:

Yes we could be top with more investment, or we could be worse off. The Mancs invested heavily and look how far they are off being at the top. No point thinking about it because it's not going to change anything as it would have been completely different, we might have lost more, we might have won more, we might not have had the injuries to Mane and Coutinho, we just simply don't know and never will.
      « Last Edit: May 05, 2017 05:12:56 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #341: May 05, 2017 05:44:51 pm
      You really are completely missing my point and I'm not sure why.

I'm not interested in other teams, I don't care who they are or whether they reach a final or not.

My point is, over the BR period of time we reached Zero finals and were going backwards with our results and showed no signs of that changing.

Then Klopp took over and reached Two finals and now very close to being back in the Champions League.

This is progression since he has taken over compared to the few years before it.

Really not sure how I can break it down for you anymore because like I say, I don't give a toss about other teams and what teams make finals.

Exactly :  I understand what you are saying ... it ain't rocket science .
      « Last Edit: May 05, 2017 10:21:17 pm by MIRO »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #342: May 05, 2017 09:21:34 pm
      You really are completely missing my point and I'm not sure why. I'm not interested in other teams, I don't care who they are or whether they reach a final or not. My point is, over the BR period of time we reached Zero finals and were going backwards with our results and showed no signs of that changing. Then Klopp took over and reached Two finals and now very close to being back in the Champions League. This is progression since he has taken over compared to the few years before it.

I am not sure that it is me who missed the point...

Would you say that we had a better team under Rafa reign. and that it got better than when he started...? and yet year in year out we achieved less and less in ways of Cups,Finals etc... We stopped  investing  in proven talent (and before you point out Suarez, remember he was not proven at the time) and under FSG that has continue, you can say that you don't care about other teams but unfortunately It is those other team we measure ourselves against... You feel that we have progressed simple because we have done better since BR. BR got us to 2nd in the league and a CL spot, and into the Europa League the year that we got to the finals...What as Klopp done so far...?Thing could have turned out quite differently Good management a players play a large part in things unfortunately I believe that we had (BR) and have (JK) two good managers being let down by the owners...  We need to start building a team to compete at a top four level and improve that team year in year out instead of being happy with fleeting successes. Then we would have seen progress

littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #343: May 05, 2017 10:20:40 pm
      Hate to break it to you, we used to do exactly the same in our heyday, granted wasn't like the crazy money being splashed now, but we spent it and we bought players to stop other teams getting them.

Revisionism is fantastic isn't it!!
      In our heyday we never bought players to stop other teams buying them . That's bollocks. We always bought players who we believed fitted our style of play and who would enhance the team .
      It never happened . We bought players to play for LFC , not to stop Arsenal getting a good midfielder. Anyone believing this rubbish hasn't been watching Liverpool for the last 40 yrs.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #344: May 06, 2017 08:47:32 am
      Bloody hell what is so hard to understand of my post?! I said we have improved over the few years before which we have. I haven't said anything about sustaining anything in the long run or anything going forward, or anything to do with other teams, just simply we have showed we've started to progress. What is so hard to understand about that?!

F**king hell  :roll:

Yes we could be top with more investment, or we could be worse off. The Mancs invested heavily and look how far they are off being at the top. No point thinking about it because it's not going to change anything as it would have been completely different, we might have lost more, we might have won more, we might not have had the injuries to Mane and Coutinho, we just simply don't know and never will.

I'm not even thinking of improving mate, time for improving is over long over, we've been improving in the lat 26 years without winning the PL. We are simply the "nearly men" as much as we would like to deny. One question, without trying to prove who is more right or more wrong, do we honestly think that this squad will win us the PL? If no, then a lot more questions will have to be asked on the ambitions of the FSG. I'll leave Klopp out of the equation as he is doing a fantastic job so far.

Ok, so I understand well now that your target is keep "improving" but I'm all about "winning" and 26 years not winning the PL Is way too long and I'm sure this point we can both agree.

Quick Reply