Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Chinese State Owned Company Everbright

Read 42417 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Chinese State Owned Company Everbright
      Reply #46: Aug 21, 2016 04:44:05 pm
      Pretty sure Pokémon is Japanese.  :lmao:

But I catch your drift. I think of it more as Anfield would be filled with more of this:

not sure there isn't a large element of that already mate certainly the local kids cant get anywhere near a ticket .
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #48: Aug 21, 2016 06:36:43 pm
      Did Liverpool spend more than their rivals in the heyday?

Pretty sure we did really yep. The money is there, it's just Fenway like has already been said have took the cost of the main stand extension from the transfer pot.

Humbug.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #49: Aug 21, 2016 08:19:46 pm
      Don't you just know the "minority stake" will be to clear their initial investment. Sell 25% of the club for everything you owe and all your initial investment meaning what remains is pure profit and 0 risk.
      Sounds about right to me
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #50: Aug 21, 2016 09:48:29 pm
      I don't get it. We complain FSG won't stump up some serious cash, and now, when we have a sniff of a chance of getting some serious investment, we complain that we don't want to spend the kind of money it now takes to win things. Consistently.

Football has changed. I don't like the way it has changed, but it has changed. Evolve or die.

I don't care how we win number 19 after 26 years of frustration. If we win it Leicester style, I'll be happy, and if we win it because we've just shelled out £150m on three world class players, I can tell you I'll be just as happy. We need a big cash injection to get us into the ECL, after that, things will calm down, and if they don't, then there's nothing you or I can do about that.

Folk are saying be careful what you wish for, but I see it as we've not done much for 26 years so perhaps it's time to take a gamble. Just because you now have lots of money, it doesn't mean you have to go mental with it. But if you want to win titles and win Champions League finals, then you need funds.

I get what you're saying but our failures in the last decade is precisely because of bad ownership. Anyone wishing the Chinese state investors take over has to be careful for what they wish for, especially when considering that the Chinese economy is so volatile and any potential crash would surely inflict collateral damage on Liverpool. It's all very well having billions at their expense now, but in a few years, goodness knows what could happen.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #51: Aug 21, 2016 09:53:08 pm
      Anyone wishing the Chinese state investors take over has to be careful for what they wish for

Salt and Pepper chicken wings on sale in the kop!! :laugh:
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #52: Aug 21, 2016 09:54:10 pm
      Even in a hypothetical situation where this happens, do you really trust the club to actually spend the investment on the right players?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #53: Aug 21, 2016 10:25:40 pm
      We can either accept modern football is all about funding or we can live in the past even though we bought the first £100k teenager and when we bought Barnes. Beardsley. Aldridge and Houghton in the same window. We have done it in the past but you need the right people advising the manager on players. We signed Jan Molby after he had agreed to go to Sheff Weds and we only offered him a 10 day trial before signing him. Times have changed signing Barnes,Aldridge,Beardsley and Houghton would cost us in excess of £150mil now so were can we get that amount from certainly not FSG
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #54: Aug 21, 2016 10:47:06 pm
      We can either accept modern football is all about funding or we can live in the past even though we bought the first £100k teenager and when we bought Barnes. Beardsley. Aldridge and Houghton in the same window. We have done it in the past but you need the right people advising the manager on players. We signed Jan Molby after he had agreed to go to Sheff Weds and we only offered him a 10 day trial before signing him. Times have changed signing Barnes,Aldridge,Beardsley and Houghton would cost us in excess of £150mil now so were can we get that amount from certainly not FSG

Mate you and I and a lot of forum members remember when we bought the best and we always spent big Kenny springs to mind he was one of if not the biggest transfers of that time it's all relevant to the way money has poured into the game , we haven't competed at the top end of the transfer market for a very long time,and it shows in the trophy room it's not rocket science the two go hand in hand , I really hope Klopp has smuggled in some gems if not its gonna be another up and down season .
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,497 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #55: Aug 21, 2016 10:56:15 pm
      So I guess 'We'll Never Wok Alone'

Not my own work.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #56: Aug 21, 2016 11:07:54 pm
      So I guess 'We'll Never Wok Alone'

Not my own work.

Excellent 👍
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #57: Aug 21, 2016 11:24:05 pm
      Am I right in thinking she was a big part in trying to do a deal between us and DIC?

She was heavily involved in the negotiations with the Emirates Royal family.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #58: Aug 22, 2016 12:41:30 am
      Liverpool Unconvered: Fenway Sports Group consider investors, details of Chinese talks

FENWAY SPORTS GROUP would be willing to sell a stake in Liverpool to the right partner as the club’s owners prepare to consider an approach from Chinese investors.

By PAUL JOYCE
      PUBLISHED: 22:30, Sun, Aug 21, 2016 | UPDATED: 22:31, Sun, Aug 21, 2016

China Everbright, a state-owned conglomerate, is targeting Liverpool and value the club in excess of £800m.

FSG have been forthcoming about considering a commercial/strategic partnership if it helped the club move forward.

However, they are not looking to sell the Anfield club and they have not solicited the interest. There has been no bid as yet and the process is in the early stages.

Talks with China Everbright will be handled in the first instance by Allen and Co, a boutique investment bank, whom FSG have a long-term relationship with and use to advise them on a range of business and financial issues.

Allen and Co would then have to recommend a meeting with FSG, who are headed by principal owner John W Henry.

Everbright are being helped by PCP Capital Partners, a private equity firm founded by Amanda Staveley.

She worked with Dubai International Capital during negotiations to buy Liverpool in 2008 and also brokered Sheikh Mansour’s £210m purchase of Manchester City the same year.

That the approach has been made public jars with when China Media Capital bought a 13% stake in Manchester City’s City Football Group back in February.

That deal was done under the radar. However, Everbright are being backed by the China Investment Corporation, whose assets are in the region of £620bn, which elevates them to the status of serious players.

If Everbright are rebuffed by Liverpool, then the Chinese government's determination to infiltrate the Premier League means they are likely to look elsewhere which FSG will have to consider as they seek to re-establish the club's fortunes.

Mike Gordon, president of FSG, stated in July 2015 that Liverpool would look for investment opportunities.

"I believe we at FSG have been clear all along that we intend to be creative and bold in all of our commercial activities in an effort to generate more revenue, which in turn is used to increase funding to those parts of the club that help us win football matches," said Gordon.

"It is worthwhile to point out that these deals can entail complex discussions around a wide spectrum of possibilities, from naming rights and hospitality packages to bundling with other sponsorship opportunities across the club and under the right conditions, even to outright investment.

"The common thread to all of these options, or any other commercial activity of LFC, is that they must help to accomplish the goal of generating additional resources to invest in LFC in order to move the club forward and win trophies."

FSG bought Liverpool for £300m in 2010 and the club's new Main Stand, for which there remains an ongoing global search for naming rights, opens on September 10.

Liverpool are now valued at around £1.4bn. Chairman Tom Werner publicly stated the club was not for sale last week and previous interest from China has been dismissed.

Yet the fact that FSG will sell one day leaves a question mark against them.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/702387/Liverpool-Fenway-Sports-Group-Jürgen-Klopp-Premier-League-News

----

See bold - read between the lines, Chinese threat to totally screw Liverpool over by buying a rival club. Just wait when the fan backlash against FSG begins if this doesn't go through - puts FSG in a difficult position doesn't it?
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #59: Aug 22, 2016 03:39:56 am
      Liverpool Unconvered: Fenway Sports Group consider investors, details of Chinese talks

FENWAY SPORTS GROUP would be willing to sell a stake in Liverpool to the right partner as the club’s owners prepare to consider an approach from Chinese investors.

By PAUL JOYCE
      PUBLISHED: 22:30, Sun, Aug 21, 2016 | UPDATED: 22:31, Sun, Aug 21, 2016

China Everbright, a state-owned conglomerate, is targeting Liverpool and value the club in excess of £800m.

FSG have been forthcoming about considering a commercial/strategic partnership if it helped the club move forward.

However, they are not looking to sell the Anfield club and they have not solicited the interest. There has been no bid as yet and the process is in the early stages.

Talks with China Everbright will be handled in the first instance by Allen and Co, a boutique investment bank, whom FSG have a long-term relationship with and use to advise them on a range of business and financial issues.

Allen and Co would then have to recommend a meeting with FSG, who are headed by principal owner John W Henry.

Everbright are being helped by PCP Capital Partners, a private equity firm founded by Amanda Staveley.

She worked with Dubai International Capital during negotiations to buy Liverpool in 2008 and also brokered Sheikh Mansour’s £210m purchase of Manchester City the same year.

That the approach has been made public jars with when China Media Capital bought a 13% stake in Manchester City’s City Football Group back in February.

That deal was done under the radar. However, Everbright are being backed by the China Investment Corporation, whose assets are in the region of £620bn, which elevates them to the status of serious players.

If Everbright are rebuffed by Liverpool, then the Chinese government's determination to infiltrate the Premier League means they are likely to look elsewhere which FSG will have to consider as they seek to re-establish the club's fortunes.

Mike Gordon, president of FSG, stated in July 2015 that Liverpool would look for investment opportunities.

"I believe we at FSG have been clear all along that we intend to be creative and bold in all of our commercial activities in an effort to generate more revenue, which in turn is used to increase funding to those parts of the club that help us win football matches," said Gordon.

"It is worthwhile to point out that these deals can entail complex discussions around a wide spectrum of possibilities, from naming rights and hospitality packages to bundling with other sponsorship opportunities across the club and under the right conditions, even to outright investment.

"The common thread to all of these options, or any other commercial activity of LFC, is that they must help to accomplish the goal of generating additional resources to invest in LFC in order to move the club forward and win trophies."

FSG bought Liverpool for £300m in 2010 and the club's new Main Stand, for which there remains an ongoing global search for naming rights, opens on September 10.

Liverpool are now valued at around £1.4bn. Chairman Tom Werner publicly stated the club was not for sale last week and previous interest from China has been dismissed.

Yet the fact that FSG will sell one day leaves a question mark against them.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/702387/Liverpool-Fenway-Sports-Group-Jürgen-Klopp-Premier-League-News

----

See bold - read between the lines, Chinese threat to totally screw Liverpool over by buying a rival club. Just wait when the fan backlash against FSG begins if this doesn't go through - puts FSG in a difficult position doesn't it?

Even I as a fan am conflicted on this one, can't even imagine how FSG must be feeling about it.

Pro forma cash flow statements aren't so black and white when you start to consider that your next move could end up alienating a massive portion of the fan contingent. This is why this stuff should always be kept as private as possible until it absolutely demands publicity IMO.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,497 posts | 1490 
      Reply #60: Aug 22, 2016 09:29:06 am
      Some random stuff from Twitter to make you laugh, frown, and possibly cry

Papi Mac ‏@iNabber  14h14 hours ago
      Manchester city owner worth: 20 billion
      City family: $1 trillion

China Everbright worth: £405 billion
      China Everbright owner: $13 trillion

------------------------------

Papi Mac ‏@iNabber  14h14 hours ago
      Randomly a few months ago China Everbright bought Hongkong Tower for £1.3 billion

Maybe they can randomly buy liverpool bale x

Anfield HQVerified account ‏@AnfieldHQ  11h11 hours ago
      Everbright are being backed by the China Investment Corporation, whose assets are in the region of £620bn. #lfc (Paul Joyce)

Not sure where this is from but thought it was funny:

If we get the investment does this mean we will be buying Shane Long for £47m?
      :lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #61: Aug 22, 2016 10:14:07 am
      Aye, maybe the Chinese will expand the stadium to a larger capacity being as they are sitting on all the Steel

:)

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #62: Aug 22, 2016 10:17:16 am
      There's still a lot of cash to milk from the Liverpool cow before the carpetbaggers sell up totally so I'm genuinely not holding my hand on my arse, as I wait to wave 'em goodbye but... 

... 'China' raise the offer to £1bn+ and (although FSG "aren't in this for profit"   :lmao:) who knows, they might be tempted; eh?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #63: Aug 22, 2016 10:20:31 am
      It's coming across to me that FSG, don't want to spend any of their own money, the expansion will be paid back, their initial loans too, going forward they want the squad to be purely financed via buy to sell policy & naming rights for stadia & other sponsorship deals.

If the Chinese help FSG in this process they would be more than happy to accommodate the bid.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #64: Aug 22, 2016 10:55:40 am
      There's still a lot of cash to milk from the Liverpool cow before the carpetbaggers sell up totally so I'm genuinely not holding my hand on my arse, as I wait to wave 'em goodbye but... 

... 'China' raise the offer to £1bn+ and (although FSG "aren't in this for profit"   :lmao:) who knows, they might be tempted; eh?

£300 million they paid and people didn't believe they saw us as a major money maker with very little risk. They don't like football they don't like the City the only thing they like is money and every penny they take away is money out of the club money that could have made us among the elite in Europe just as we used to be shortly before they arrived yes WE WERE NUMBER ONE RANKED IN EUROPE and in their 6 years we have gone from 5th to 28th just incase people hadn't noticed.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #65: Aug 22, 2016 11:16:20 am

You got to laugh there are still people out there who think they are our saviours  , like I say you got to laugh what's the alternative eh.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #66: Aug 22, 2016 11:31:10 am
      Even I as a fan am conflicted on this one, can't even imagine how FSG must be feeling about it.

Pro forma cash flow statements aren't so black and white when you start to consider that your next move could end up alienating a massive portion of the fan contingent. This is why this stuff should always be kept as private as possible until it absolutely demands publicity IMO.

For FSG its a complete no brainer, you sell up to 49%, make all your initial investment back if not a healthy profit, get a sh*t load of cash to invest in top top players ensuring future success, open up the massive Chinese market, and still remain in control of the club. What on earth is there to think about, just sign on the dotted line!!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,497 posts | 1490 
      Reply #67: Aug 22, 2016 11:38:35 am
      For FSG its a complete no brainer, you sell up to 49%, make all your initial investment back if not a healthy profit, get a sh*t load of cash to invest in top top players ensuring future success, open up the massive Chinese market, and still remain in control of the club. What on earth is there to think about, just sign on the dotted line!!
      When you put it like that, it does seem mental not to bring them in. It's not as if FSG won't have final say on matters either
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #68: Aug 22, 2016 12:33:52 pm

Well said, the Chinese market is enough to turn all our competitors  into midgets  but FSG is just too greedy and would like to own everything 100% and has the pie 100% all to themselves. Didn't they notice that city, chelski and MU have  over the years slowly taken a bigger share of the fan base worldwide while ours continue to dwindle. FSG will never accept an offer from the Chinese, they could have a profit margin that no sensible person would pay. I hope I'm wrong. What they did in the last 6 years is easy to see reaping the profit from the club due to the reputation build over the years between 1974 to 2000, all down to the hardwork done by the predecessors.

At this juncture their business model is pretty clear for us to see and no further debate is needed and 5 years on the club is neither  moving forward nor backwards, we remain where we are in mid-table and may be slowly regressing.

I'd say 5 years on enough is enough, FSG has milked the club enough, has some human decency, think of the millions or billions of fans worldwide  and sell the club to someone that can move us forward to restore us to our former glory. 
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2016 02:46:06 pm by redkop63 »

Quick Reply