Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Champions League 2016/2017

Read 68023 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Champions League 2016/2017
      Reply #460: Apr 18, 2017 10:14:16 pm
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #461: Apr 18, 2017 10:14:29 pm
      Listening to a TAW podcast before and nodded my head as John Gibbons said he wasn't as up for video technology as others are as wrong decisions are part and parcel.

And then there's a game like this.....

Mistakes that can be prevented should never be part and parcel if they can be avoided. It stops the better teams winning. Think how many times United would have been foiled under Fergie.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #462: Apr 18, 2017 10:18:32 pm
      Mistakes that can be prevented should never be part and parcel if they can be avoided. It stops the better teams winning. Think how many times United would have been foiled under Fergie.

I know.

Makes me wonder if a reason for technology not coming in is that it can stop any corruption taking place.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #463: Apr 18, 2017 10:19:00 pm
      That was Xabi Alonso's last ever Champions League game. An appalling/farcical result for a legend to close out such an astonishing career in that competition.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #464: Apr 18, 2017 10:24:47 pm
      I know.

Makes me wonder if a reason for technology not coming in is that it can stop any corruption taking place.

Exactly, and if you watch the highlights from the last Spain vs France match, it shows how quickly it works and how easily it fixes things.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #465: Apr 18, 2017 10:36:25 pm
      All madrid final again maybe? Also F**k Leicester!
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #466: Apr 18, 2017 10:55:18 pm
      The officials are ruining the game of football. Referee and linesmen have no clue even at the highest level. Video technology for f**k sake, Bayern have been absolutely robbed by shitty officials. I don't think it's outlandish to say 10% of all games I've watched in the last few years have been tainted in some way by poor officials who don't have technology to back them. Shocking.

I agree, for years there has been dodgy decisions given in which nobody is allowed to question them, or if they do a fine and ban comes along.

Teams in the relegation zone who suffer poor decisions against them time and again, games they should have won only for poor officiating to decide the outcome. I hate the expression "they even themself out over the season", no they don't, and there is no excuse for these iffy decisions to continue. Its not bad luck, its crap (corrupt) refereeing.

We have the technology now and the only reason I can think off for why its not being implemented is the money involved, and I don't mean for the technology to be used.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #467: Apr 18, 2017 10:58:05 pm
      Vidal off, Casmeiro not off, Ronaldo offside. Same old for Madrid

Absolutely disgraceful officiating.

Surely to F**k if we can have goal line technology we can have a review of yellow cards/red cards. There is a stoppage when a player is to be sent off, in that time they can either review the single red card incident or the combined two within a minute. The fourth official has F**k all else to do anyway, every card can either be confirmed or within a minute informed it has been retracted.

Of course there would be a push then for penalty decisions to be reviewed and free-kicks but in reality how hard is it to actually implement with the wonders of modern technology, piece of piss that's how hard. It would add virtually no time to the actual stoppages these decisions create anyway.

It would stop the calls of corruption etc and would increase consistency within the game a monumental amount. You'll still get your marginal calls which could have gone either way and in that case the referee's initial call stands, to be honest when it comes to marginal decisions I don't think too many have an issue with those going against, it's the blatant and game destroying bullshit like we saw tonight. Farcical.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #468: Apr 19, 2017 04:38:15 am
      Absolutely disgraceful officiating.

Surely to F**k if we can have goal line technology we can have a review of yellow cards/red cards. There is a stoppage when a player is to be sent off, in that time they can either review the single red card incident or the combined two within a minute. The fourth official has F**k all else to do anyway, every card can either be confirmed or within a minute informed it has been retracted.

Of course there would be a push then for penalty decisions to be reviewed and free-kicks but in reality how hard is it to actually implement with the wonders of modern technology, piece of piss that's how hard. It would add virtually no time to the actual stoppages these decisions create anyway.

It would stop the calls of corruption etc and would increase consistency within the game a monumental amount. You'll still get your marginal calls which could have gone either way and in that case the referee's initial call stands, to be honest when it comes to marginal decisions I don't think too many have an issue with those going against, it's the blatant and game destroying bullshit like we saw tonight. Farcical.

I still don't want any further intrusions from technology. Take timekeeping out of the refs hands though. No more need for time wasting or the stupid board with minimum added minutes. The clock gets stopped when the ball is out if play and a hooter sounds after each, proper 45 minute half.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #469: Apr 19, 2017 08:51:28 am
      Two offside 'goals', a sending off which wasn't and one that should have been.

The ref was pure sh*te and that fact has, understandably, lead to cries of "corruption". You want to protect the game and [obviously] stop accusations of corrupt referees? ... Video technology.

Think too of the diving gits and cheats who'd be exposed then booked.

Why anyone would rail against that, F**k knows. 😕
      « Last Edit: Apr 19, 2017 08:57:35 am by bad boy bubby »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #470: Apr 19, 2017 09:50:00 am
      The amount of decisions Barca and Real get in their favour is absolutely astonishing.

Wouldn't surprise me if Barca snuck through again due to another couple of dodgy pens.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #471: Apr 19, 2017 08:16:35 pm
      So far it's 25 minutes of Barca players rolling on the ground all over the pitch with minimal contact. So far the ref hasn't givin in to their 'style'    Disgusting how 5 guys circle the ref every call.  Whats sad is sooner or later it'll work

Can see a pen or a Juve Red coming in this game 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #472: Apr 19, 2017 08:17:47 pm
      Barcelona fans are so petulant. What is it with the tendency in Spain to boo the opposition consistently when they are just playing their own football?

Still 0-0 though. Just wondering when the referee will step in to help Barcelona along the way...again.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #473: Apr 19, 2017 09:54:15 pm
      Not a chance tonight. Juventus comfortably through.

;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #474: Apr 19, 2017 09:58:24 pm
      Juve.
      Monaco.
      Athletico Madrid.
      Real Madrid.

Tasty last 4.

Money is on Monaco.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #475: Apr 19, 2017 10:01:55 pm
      The amount of decisions Barca and Real get in their favour is absolutely astonishing.

Wouldn't surprise me if Barca snuck through again due to another couple of dodgy pens.

So far it's 25 minutes of Barca players rolling on the ground all over the pitch with minimal contact. So far the ref hasn't givin in to their 'style'    Disgusting how 5 guys circle the ref every call.  Whats sad is sooner or later it'll work

Can see a pen or a Juve Red coming in this game 

Take it you didn't see cuadardo tonight
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #476: Apr 19, 2017 10:03:02 pm
      Thomas tuchel sadly out of his depth, pulisic and dembele on the bench, utter nonsense
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #477: Apr 19, 2017 10:12:13 pm
      Thomas tuchel sadly out of his depth, pulisic and dembele on the bench, utter nonsense

Would be ideal replacement for Wenger   :f_tongueincheek:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #478: Apr 19, 2017 10:25:39 pm

Seems to have gone a bit cold for him but I feel Monaco were always going to win this one. They're a terrific side!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #479: Apr 19, 2017 10:31:56 pm
      Seems to have gone a bit cold for him but I feel Monaco were always going to win this one. They're a terrific side!

Absolutely,  i remember a year or two back they were pretty  dull to watch but they have come on at such a pace, dangerous opponents for anyone.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #480: Apr 19, 2017 10:52:40 pm

Tempted to put some money on them winning it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #481: Apr 19, 2017 10:57:12 pm
      Absolutely,  i remember a year or two back they were pretty  dull to watch but they have come on at such a pace, dangerous opponents for anyone.

Yeah, they've mixed it up and have some really great talent. Look a proper team when it was feared they'd be a billionaire's play thing ala PSG.

Tempted to put some money on them winning it.

Same here. Then again, Juventus did look excellent as well and thinking about it more I think their defence will give them the edge over Monaco should they meet. Atletico Madrid - if they had more goals in them I would happily back them for the title. I hope Real Madrid get fu**ed. They are the most undeserving Champions League side I've ever seen.

p.s - Juve get rid of Pogba = Become a better team
      « Last Edit: Apr 19, 2017 11:14:29 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #482: May 02, 2017 08:07:24 pm
      Offside rule not being used at the burnacow tonight

Quick Reply