Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The next 48 hours and our season.

Read 5148 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: The next 48 hours and our season.
      Reply #46: Aug 30, 2016 09:03:54 pm
      I'd be shocked if we signed anybody now.

We can moan about it all day tomorrow but we all know nothing is happening.

Let's hope we have enough. I remain totally unconvinced but lets get on with the football.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,476 posts | 216 
      Reply #47: Aug 30, 2016 10:12:11 pm
      We have wasted another season

We won't be close to top 4 this season as we have a pathetic spine

Admit it or not folks but we need three defenders still and a dm

Without That we are fukd
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #48: Aug 30, 2016 11:13:02 pm

Without That we are fukd

Username does not validate.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #49: Aug 30, 2016 11:37:59 pm
      I get a feeling we will sign a LB and that LB will be Charlie Taylor of Leeds. No source just a hunch😆
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,548 posts | 726 
      Reply #50: Aug 31, 2016 04:57:35 am
      if we dont get a left back be prepare for 6th or 8th place again. Just keepin it real.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #51: Aug 31, 2016 07:37:00 am
      I'd noticed that too s@int; the left side, in particular seems a bit off-kilter, for example...  at centre half, we have Lovren, (Sakho), and Klavan who all prefer to play on the left of a pair so we are (were) too well off in that area but at left-back and a dedicated left 'wing' we lack proper quality and/or proper depth, in my opinion.

On the right we have better quality (IMO) with Matip, Clyne and Mane but no depth - who do you start, in their stead, that are as effective in 'the system'; a system which is 'King' btw?

So just a couple of injuries [Clyne and Mane] sees a drastically weakened team, in my opinion and that just can't be right after this length of time and money.

Even after seven signings there appears to be not much balance and even less depth.  :-\

Listen; I'm probably just on a downer (apparently it can happen with the brainfuck I had) and all will be fine - I certainly hope so.  :laugh:

Exactly right BBB.

TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #52: Aug 31, 2016 10:30:50 am
      I get a feeling we will sign a LB and that LB will be Charlie Taylor of Leeds. No source just a hunch😆

Not a bad call mate, or you could add George Friend at Boro or one time red Aaron Cresswell at West Ham (currently injured though) if you want a decent young LB that JK can 'train'.
      Not likely to happen though IMHO, as others have eloquently stated.  I really am befuddled by whatever thinking is going on at the club re LB not to mention DM position!! 
      Buying isn't the easy solution it might seem though. Transfers are very complicated pieces of business that are fraught with risks. Blah blah blah. We still need a soddin' left back. FFS.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #53: Aug 31, 2016 10:39:50 am
      if we dont get a left back be prepare for 6th or 8th place again. Just keepin it real.

You honestly think a new LB would make a huge difference?

Ideally we'd have signed one but I don't see it as the difference between a high finish and 6th-8th.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #54: Aug 31, 2016 11:06:39 am

Without That we are fukd

Which 3 defenders do we need then? Have you already forgotten about Matip and Klaven, who both seem to have slotted into the team immediately and made us look more solid defensively. The reason we are still conceding goals is not down tot he defence its due to us still having Migs in goals.
      BTW lighten up buddy, it really really isn't that bad. If you are this gloomy after getting 4 points from Arsenal and Spurs away then God help you for the rest of the season!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #55: Aug 31, 2016 11:29:45 am
      Jose Enrique is free ;D

That's our left back sorted...
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,476 posts | 216 
      Reply #56: Aug 31, 2016 05:20:57 pm
      Which 3 defenders do we need then? Have you already forgotten about Matip and Klaven, who both seem to have slotted into the team immediately and made us look more solid defensively. The reason we are still conceding goals is not down tot he defence its due to us still having Migs in goals.
      BTW lighten up buddy, it really really isn't that bad. If you are this gloomy after getting 4 points from Arsenal and Spurs away then God help you for the rest of the season!

We need a left back urgently

Not convinced by our new signings at all if I am honest, Matip does look decent

A back up rb is also needed

For Christ sake w shave Lucas as our fourth choice CB it seems

Our cm is horrendous as well

It has been a shocking end for a window

It's like we started well but then refused to carry on, like it or not but we don't have a class team at all. This window has broken the faith

Quick Reply