Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      33 (29.7%)
      Simon Mignolet
      3 (2.7%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (1.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      9 (8.1%)
      James Milner
      10 (9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      8 (7.2%)
      Joel Matip
      32 (28.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      12 (10.8%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      2 (1.8%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Voting closed: Aug 31, 2016 02:23:36 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 39988 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Aug 30, 2016 11:24:41 am
      Didn't you create this load of sh*t thread:

The happy thread for hugging and being positive

Lasted a f**king fortnight, mate. Top job.

I did and it got screamed down by the usual suspects  :lmao:. There's a difference between being "positive" and being "silly" as well, trying to pretend that Firmino is playing great as a centre forward comes into the second category IMHO.

As usual, people such as yourself get so caught up in angst and aggression because somebody dares to disagree with you, you lose all sense of reason. Look, I'd pick Firmino in my team every week for us, I THINK HE'S ONE OF OUR BEST PLAYERS. I just don't see him as a centre forward, particularly when you have to leave IMHO  our best player out of the team in order to get him in there.

Not "positive" enough? Ah well.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #645: Aug 30, 2016 11:26:50 am
      I did and it got screamed down by the usual suspects  :lmao:. There's a difference between being "positive" and being "silly" as well, trying to pretend that Firmino is playing great as a centre forward comes into the second category IMHO.

As usual, people such as yourself get so caught up in angst and aggression because somebody dares to disagree with you, you lose all sense of reason. Look, I'd pick Firmino in my team every week for us, I THINK HE'S ONE OF OUR BEST PLAYERS. I just don't see him as a centre forward, particularly when you have to leave IMHO  our best player out of the team in order to get him in there.

Not "positive" enough? Ah well.

Screamed down because people tend to see through bullshit.

Especially when someone says "let's back the lads 100%", then says we'll finish 6th, and then says our manager is getting his tactics wrong. After 3 games and two weeks :lmao:

Which one is it Mick?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #646: Aug 30, 2016 11:34:03 am

Especially when someone says "let's back the lads 100%", then says we'll finish 6th, and then says our manager is getting his tactics wrong. After 3 games and two weeks :lmao:

Which one is it Mick?

Look, I think he has got this wrong it's my honest opinion.

I also think the fact our midfield looks out of whack is wrong and on him too.

And our defense still looks porous.

And our left back position well...

I think Klopp has got his work cut out at the moment, some of this should have been sorted in the off season, not now when the campaign is up and running.

But when we're susceptible to conceding goals I actually think it's imperative that when we have a bloke in the team who can help counter that up the other end. Thus far, leaving out Sturridge for Firmino has certainly NOT worked in terms of end product - goals and points.

And that's all there is to it.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #647: Aug 30, 2016 11:41:09 am

Which one is it Mick?

"Back the lads" in my book means not putting unrealistic expectations on their shoulders  :lmao:. You and the crew can say we'll win it! and stuff, but when we don't  you'll be lost for an explanation. Me? I'm helping you out, I'm giving you an explanation before it happens!

As for me thinking Jürgen would be better off playing Firmino AND Sturridge, I can't help myself. I keep thinking a football forum is where you give your honest opinion on football, apologies.

I do like the humour though, intended or otherwise, from you and the crew imploring everyone to "back the manager/players". Having seen how a lot of you carried on over the last three or four seasons in never fails to raise a smile. You can rest assured I'll never inflict upon Jürgen the same "backing" which many of you did during that period, no worries on that score!  :roll:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #648: Aug 30, 2016 11:47:36 am
      from you and the crew imploring everyone to "back the manager/players".

Hold up.

That was you.

You created that thread. Remember? This one:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,49034.0.html#top

Gonna leave you and your Alzheimer's to figure out what exactly your "opinion" is.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #649: Aug 30, 2016 12:01:03 pm
      Hold up.

That was you.

You created that thread. Remember? This one:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,49034.0.html#top

Gonna leave you and your Alzheimer's to figure out what exactly your "opinion" is.

Ah but I ALWAYS back the manager and players mate  :lmao: therein lies the difference. The type of "backing" you and your pals have given in the past is beyond even my treatment of the Hodge.

I back Jürgen though, I think he's a top manager. Firmino too, one of our best players. Never a centre forward though ;Dxxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #650: Aug 30, 2016 12:07:36 pm
      I'm not surprised in the least that Firmino has "created" more chances than anyone else in the league, it'd be odd if he hadn't to be honest. If his rolled 5yrd square pass to Coutinho on Saturday was the type of "creating" we're on about, of course he's the top dog!

When you consider that in our three games we got four against Arsenal (from memory did Bobby have a hand in ANY of those, he may have crossed it for Lallana for the second I can't recall), we played Burnley and had 80% of the game, then played Tottenham and had plenty of it, I'd expect a centre forward who has no interest whatsoever in running in behind, little or no interest in getting in where it hurts, little interest in heading in a cross, to pass it to a couple of people who have a shot. When you further consider that one of those "others" is Coutinho who will shoot on smell never mind sight, it's not surprising that Bobby is top of the "chances created" charts.

This discussion is beginning to resemble last seasons "points per game" one where people tangled themselves in all sorts of knots of silliness trying to pretend it was more important to be ahead in the "shots on goal/corners conceded/back heels" chart than it was to actually gain points in the league. Far be it for me to bring up the dreaded PPG stats again (don't worry I won't do it!) But the desperation with which people are making their case has a familiar look to it.

We couldn't score a goal against Burnley FFS despite having 80% of the play! But yes, we have the most "creative" and deadly centre forward in the league  :lmao:. Dear oh dear.

Top post. +1
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #651: Aug 30, 2016 12:33:59 pm
      Anyone considered the fact there may be very valid reasons why Firmino is starting ahead of Sturridge?

1. Sturridge is just coming back from injury - again - and having missed most of pre season will not be up to speed - very apparent in the Burnley game.

2. He will more than likely be needed against teams who park the bus than those who want to take us on - here Firmino because of his pressing is a better option.

3. Bearing in mind the number of games Sturridge has played in the last 2 season Jürgen may well be managing his game time rather than lose him to another long term injury.

There again I might be talking bollocks and all the keyboard managers on here know better than Jürgen!
      +11
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #652: Aug 30, 2016 12:51:35 pm

Don't really need stats to tell me this, he is actually our most creative player when he's in and around the box.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #653: Aug 30, 2016 01:08:06 pm
      Anyone considered the fact there may be very valid reasons why Firmino is starting ahead of Sturridge?

1. Sturridge is just coming back from injury - again - and having missed most of pre season will not be up to speed - very apparent in the Burnley game.

2. He will more than likely be needed against teams who park the bus than those who want to take us on - here Firmino because of his pressing is a better option.

3. Bearing in mind the number of games Sturridge has played in the last 2 season Jürgen may well be managing his game time rather than lose him to another long term injury.

There again I might be talking bollocks and all the keyboard managers on here know better than Jürgen!
      Geez mate all that common sense now might blind some posters on this forum.

Do away with it please!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #654: Aug 30, 2016 01:36:32 pm
      :lmao:

True colours and attitude being painted all over this thread, well done. Nice you of you to pop your head out from behind the thin veil of bullshit created in that 'positivity' thread Mick.

:laughing-smiley-014:

Anyway better things to do than feed trolls with a clear agenda to push, see in ya the next post match for your insightful remarks  :lmao:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #655: Aug 30, 2016 01:42:45 pm
      Don't really need stats to tell me this, he is actually our most creative player when he's in and around the box.
      Yeah... and just imagine if there was a top finisher on the end of those chances.   :o

It's not rocket appliances.

And to be honest it's not like it can be compared with demanding that the manager plays Mario Balotelli.   :lmao: :laughing-smiley-014:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #656: Aug 30, 2016 01:53:09 pm
      Yeah... and just imagine if there was a top finisher on the end of those chances.   :o

It's not rocket appliances.

And to be honest it's not like it can be compared with demanding that the manager plays Mario Balotelli.   :lmao: :laughing-smiley-014:

A top finisher like the Sturridge who played against Burnley, looked pissed off, lazy, slow and uninterested, do you mean that one?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #657: Aug 30, 2016 02:02:34 pm

Cunning plan to get Sturridge's appearances up around the 45 games mark for the season by only playing him for 3 mins a game, so we can sell him easier and for more money?  While we can still play him in all the easy games to keep his goal scoring record high. :)

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #658: Aug 30, 2016 02:26:02 pm
      Cunning plan to get Sturridge's appearances up around the 45 games mark for the season by only playing him for 3 mins a game, so we can sell him easier and for more money?  While we can still play him in all the easy games to keep his goal scoring record high. :)

Probably the only way Sturridge will ever get upto that many games in a season mate.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #659: Aug 30, 2016 03:28:16 pm

F**k off outta here.

Sturridge is essentially Suarez and Firmino is Voronin.

Deal with it.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #660: Aug 30, 2016 03:54:07 pm
      Probably the only way Sturridge will ever get upto that many games in a season mate.

Pretty sure it is mate.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #661: Aug 30, 2016 03:55:22 pm

But with an even crappier hairstyle :)

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #662: Aug 30, 2016 03:58:20 pm

Nah s@int you're wrong; don'tcha know Danny is only coming back from injury and the 3 mins is to ensure that he regains match fitness asap. :P

Joking aside... no one should be worried about his absence; Danny will be back soon enough.  8)

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #663: Aug 30, 2016 04:32:33 pm
      Firmino had a great game against Spurs. It's nonsensical to think otherwise.

There was only one moment that really dragged it down for me. Late in the game he had an opportunity to take it on his left and shoot back across goal. He opted to cut back onto his preferred right and the defender blocked it with such ease because it was so predictable.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #664: Aug 30, 2016 05:04:04 pm

Three matches, 284 minutes,no goals, one shot on target.

Stats :)

BTW the Chelsea game you mentioned from last season... 1-1 till Benteke came on ...Benteke made one, scored one. Benteke may not have suited our style, but he wasn't a false 9 (Firmino went off after 75 mins.) 
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2016 05:39:04 pm by s@int »
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #665: Aug 30, 2016 06:53:00 pm

Think Keyboard warriors may be on about other games ie Burnley were he wasnt employed in his position against a team who parked the bus and not just about starting but coming on with enough time to have an impact ie Spurs . People need to get the rather large Mccain off their shoulder in regards to others opinions about the manager or a certain player
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #666: Aug 30, 2016 07:14:06 pm
      Think Keyboard warriors may be on about other games ie Burnley were he wasnt employed in his position against a team who parked the bus and not just about starting but coming on with enough time to have an impact ie Spurs . People need to get the rather large Mccain off their shoulder in regards to others opinions about the manager or a certain player

You must have missed where Jürgen said Sturridge was not told to stick to the wing and it was up to him to move and get in the box!

So the bigger question would be why was he so sluggish and lethargic v Burnley, Maybe he is not match fit as I don't think he is lazy.

Quick Reply