Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool v Besiktas: Match Thread

Read 10102 times
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Re: Liverpool v Besiktas: Match Thread
      Reply #115: Nov 07, 2007 05:30:44 am
      Well.....where do we start....I don't have the words for the game. It's amazing, just a week or two i gave a little bit of faith in Yossi, his performance was class. Babel's goals.....funny along with class. It was a great win, but don't get overly confident againest Fulham, not that greater team. I think that Rafa wants us to win againest Fulham we should look for a break in his Rotation system and stay the same XI
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #116: Nov 07, 2007 05:42:11 am
      Despite the fact that my hopeless attempt at a prediction was once again off the mark (proving just how clueless I am at it), I am certainly not disappointed in getting it that wrong!!!!

Okay, so after the second goal the opposition really faded but that's only because we obliterated them and didn't even give them a sniff. I am so chuffed, my post yesterday wished for a show of class from Babel, a doubt clearing performance by Crouch and a match winning performance from Kewell...2 out of 3 is alright ;D

I'm so chuffed that we won the way we did, with the players that played. Masch was superb, his distribution was excellent and the link-up play between the flank players and those they fed was near faultless. I'm also seeing a  thread regarding Arbeloa giving Finnan alot to think about...I agree.

It was a superb performance, the confidence oozing and the passing slick.

I can't wait to see if we can carry this over to Fulham...

The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #117: Nov 07, 2007 06:23:36 am
      It was shown live on the TV here in Aust at 5:45am... I only saw the first 15mins of the match before work, phoned up the office to get an update, 2-0 at half time..."SEN FORKING SATIONAL"....go us
      rang up again to get the final score, I think its 8 - 0 Dave....
      Ummm, can you check again please, sounds great but....
      so the young new office assistant checks again, and isnt sure what numbers she should be looking for...
      so I have been waiting till now to confirm the score....

Its made an old funny looking fan very happy indeed...
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2007 08:08:34 am by The Anfield Warrior »
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #118: Nov 07, 2007 07:02:22 am
      WOW what a night, I'm posting this on Wed. morn, my voice is just coming back but my hands are still a little sore with all the clapping.
      The kop was in great voice, and 6 goals in the mouth of the kop, what more can you ask for.

Roll on Sat. we will do the same to Fulham, should have my voice back in full song by then. ;D

Sunday we are off to Spain for 12 days, so I'm back for the Porto game.

You all have lots and lots of fun. ;D

Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #119: Nov 07, 2007 07:34:14 am
      That team looked like they didnt have a clue what was going on, but taking nothing away from us we were masterful!

Yossi's 1st goal was my goal of the night, while I loved Babel's 1st too, it really shows off that great first touch of his.

What can I say? Great game!!!  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #120: Nov 07, 2007 08:04:57 am
      you fcukin beauty....I can't wipe this smile off my face...a fantastic performance, every one played well but I deffo think Masch was my MOTM...this guy is awesome and we have and I repeat have to do everything we can to keep him.

The game was on at 6.45am Melbourne time...I watched the 1st half, 2-0...pretty happy. Then my 3 year old woke up, came downstairs and said daddy can you put my cartoons on?....I said ok son, I'll go watch it in the back room. he said thanks Dad but before you go I love the RED team....I was so proud of him even though he kicked me out of the big tv room, at least he said that. Then my 1 year old girl woke up and her mum put her on my lap and we watched the 2nd half together...every few minutes Daddy was up and jumping and she kept giving me HIGH 5's and smiling, knowing that I was so happy....I think she was my good luck charm.....she got to see 6 goals....I think I'll be waking her up for those 2.00am kickoffs :D

Sorry to bore you, but I'm just wrapped with that game, I hope it continues and that this is the start of a massive run-in....Go you REDS and look out Fulham.

Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #121: Nov 07, 2007 08:50:59 am
      The result is still only sinking in.

Well done lads and in particular Masch,Crouchy and Yossi.

Come on!!!!
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #122: Nov 07, 2007 09:00:30 am
      you fcukin beauty....I can't wipe this smile off my face...a fantastic performance, every one played well but I deffo think Masch was my MOTM...this guy is awesome and we have and I repeat have to do everything we can to keep him.

The game was on at 6.45am Melbourne time...I watched the 1st half, 2-0...pretty happy. Then my 3 year old woke up, came downstairs and said daddy can you put my cartoons on?....I said ok son, I'll go watch it in the back room. he said thanks Dad but before you go I love the RED team....I was so proud of him even though he kicked me out of the big tv room, at least he said that. Then my 1 year old girl woke up and her mum put her on my lap and we watched the 2nd half together...every few minutes Daddy was up and jumping and she kept giving me HIGH 5's and smiling, knowing that I was so happy....I think she was my good luck charm.....she got to see 6 goals....I think I'll be waking her up for those 2.00am kickoffs :D

Sorry to bore you, but I'm just wrapped with that game, I hope it continues and that this is the start of a massive run-in....Go you REDS and look out Fulham.

Aussie thats cool, sounds like we have another couple of Reds fans to cheer on out great club! :)

Excellent resault yesterday well played by everyone!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #123: Nov 07, 2007 09:06:10 am
      Aussie thats cool, sounds like we have another couple of Reds fans to cheer on out great club! :)

thanks priesty...how do you guys say it over there?...I was well chuffed...
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #124: Nov 07, 2007 09:29:35 am
      Richobaz, Ra Ra Rafa, Samcharles & Scouser_10, not one post between the four of you in this thread.

Oh well, I'm sure we'll see you around again calling for Rafa's head when we draw another one :D
      Cy
      Reply #125: Nov 07, 2007 09:56:42 am
      Richobaz, Ra Ra Rafa, Samcharles & Scouser_10, not one post between the four of you in this thread.

Oh well, I'm sure we'll see you around again calling for Rafa's head when we draw another one :D
      :) :) well said Eddie...I'm still buzzing from yesterday game, it was simply immense. Everyone played very well, Hyypia looks like he was back at what he does best, Yossi was having the time of his life on the right, Mascherano was huge in the middle. What please me the most was the attitude, never surrender, pressure all the game, after 3-0 we could have just stop pushing but no, we kept going and that was very pleasing to see.

Great that Stevie got one too, Crouch is no doubt causing so many problems for any defense, credit to the lad, he doesn't moan and get on with it and every time he got a chance bang scores goals...S-U-P-E-R-B...
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #126: Nov 07, 2007 10:26:41 am
      Can I just say, that Benayoun lad Israelli good.

:D
      rach.uk
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #127: Nov 07, 2007 10:27:32 am
      A fantastic game!  I was not in the Kop but the atmosphere was electric!  Sat in the main stand and got everyone shouting except for the two miserable gits sitting by me who said nothing.  Can't wait for Porto!!!!  YNWA!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #128: Nov 07, 2007 11:05:34 am
      Can I just say, that Benayoun lad Israelli good.

:D

:D :D :D
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #129: Nov 07, 2007 11:21:13 am
      i still cant believe it! best thing ever
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #130: Nov 07, 2007 11:35:00 am
      I just wanna say how pissed off at last nights result I am.

I was hoping that foxy would log on here today & find my poll that I created for him.

Now thanks to Rafa, Stevie et al, he probably won't be logging on anytime soon & I will never get the pleasure of seeing him go off on one about it.

Thanks a lot guys >:(

:D :D :D
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #131: Nov 07, 2007 11:47:09 am
      Not only is the margin phenomenal but the way in which it was accomplished.....it was  inspiring football

I remember when Valancia beat us 2-0 in CL about 5 years ago when under Rafa with Aimar and co,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/champions_league/2261032.stm

and thinking about the quality football of that night. Now we have Benitez , we should let him get on with the job and trust him to deliver,which he will do and is doing

Expectation can get no higher than for a Liverpool fan but sometimes the reality is that a team can take a while to build.

To me this is a team that is still being built. Rafa is still trying out things, working with injuries and thinking about the fitness and form of the team over the whole of the season (rotation) and our best is yet to come.

I see last night as a major turning point for this team. It was epic

where are all the doubters from the last 5 weeks or so?

who was it that posted a thread about Rafa being the right man for the job? :lmao:

come out come out wherever you are? :laugh:

8- NIL CHAMPIONS LEAGUE RECORD
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2007 01:03:48 pm by LondonRed »
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #132: Nov 07, 2007 12:04:12 pm
      Just love it when the press slag Rafa off (rotation policy)and write us off ,seems to inspire the team,keep writing us off..What a night 8-0 still buzzing... :aaliverpoolwz0:
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #133: Nov 07, 2007 12:14:00 pm
      Just love it when the press slag Rafa off (rotation policy)and write us off ,seems to inspire the team :aaliverpoolwz0:

Yeah I went on the BBC website after the game and they'd written 'Liverpool hit 8 past Besiktas' as if it was an everyday thing when they should of written, 'Liverpool destroy Besiktas!' something more worthy of the result

What struck me is that the press would of loved Liverpool to of lost or drawn so that they could speculate about Benitez and also loss of money from an early champions league exit. For them, that would be a far better story to read

The press circle like vultures and make a situation (such as a loss of form ) worse than it actually is....

Thankfully Liverpool showed the footballing world and the press whats really going on at the club
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2007 01:01:39 pm by LondonRed »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #134: Nov 07, 2007 12:19:03 pm
      A big thanks to Rafa for taking the leash off the lads last night. I knew they had performances like that in them. People will say Besiktas were bad well they were bas cos they couldnt get the ball off us! It was a pleasure to sit and watch some of the passing moves last night. Everything ive posted that was wrong with our recent performances was rectified last night. We passed and moved played from left to right and back again if we had to instead of hoofing long ball. We got forward in numbers and at pace. At one stage in the second half yesterday our only player in our half was Reina!

We all know it was a must win but the other great thing about the result/performance is that it must give the likes of Babel confidence now. What balls to be only on the field a few minutes and do a flick like that ala John Barnes!!

I really do think last night was the turning point and the bad spell if we can call it that is over. Delighted for Crouchy Yossi and Babel

Also well done to the crowd. Sounded great at times with the cries of ATTACK ATTACK, ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK and WE WANT 9 etc. Roll on Fulham Roll on Porto

Y.N.W.A

MsGerrard
      Reply #135: Nov 07, 2007 12:27:32 pm
      Well I've just sat and read all 5 pages and thoroughly enjoyed reading what everyone has put. :)  No doom or gloomers tonight, I wonder why??

It was indeed a great night to be at Anfield and to be on the kop, it was just like the old days, it was great to STAND on the kop, and be a part of such an historic evening. To see all those goals flying in as well, just brilliant.

I can't really add anything else, as it's already been said, but I was proud of the lads last night, they were under a lot of pressure going into that game as was Rafa, and they battered Besiktas and did themselves a power of good and now confidence will be sky high.

Let's carry this on lads into the premiership.

Well Done to all of you.

DM Osbon, I will gladly take you to Anfield, in return to a trip to Bermuda.......any day ;)    Do you think your wife would approve :f_tongueincheek:
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #136: Nov 07, 2007 12:59:24 pm

DM Osbon, I will gladly take you to Anfield, in return to a trip to Bermuda.......any day ;)    Do you think your wife would approve :f_tongueincheek:

ummm can you take me to Anfield in return for a day trip around London? not quite bermuda I know :laugh:
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #137: Nov 07, 2007 01:03:07 pm

Now that's what I call a score !

Quick Reply