Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers:

Read 52544 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: World Cup 2018 Qualifiers:
      Reply #184: Oct 11, 2017 02:59:00 am
      Really was amazing that goal from Panama 89 minute!still can't believe the yanks blew it.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #185: Oct 11, 2017 02:59:49 am
      jesus christ,what a night,football F***ing rules on nights like this.

Hahahahahaha the United States miss out somehow! Panama in the WC for the first time ever! Honduras play Australia for a place in the WC.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

USA lost out!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #186: Oct 11, 2017 03:03:39 am
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #187: Oct 11, 2017 03:06:58 am
      https://twitter.com/NSenseFootball/status/917932730935054337

Panamá in the World Cup for the very first time! Incredible!
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #188: Oct 11, 2017 03:09:54 am
      I'm happy for Panama, we get along really well with them, however their first goal was ridiculous.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #189: Oct 11, 2017 08:26:46 am
      And it's over!

Messi puts Argentina in the WC with a hat-trick.

Peru and Colombia draw in 1-1, with Colombia making it to the WC and Peru going to the playoff against New Zealand.

Chile miss out on goal difference (!) thanks to Brazil spanking them 3-0.

Paraguay incredibly miss out by losing at home to Venezuela, probably the most unexpected result of the night.

Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina and Colombia in the WC. Peru hopefully going to beat New Zealand and make it 5 from South America.
      so you can eat your words about Peru being sh*te. Peru will beat New Zealand, they basically qualified from the most difficult region to qualify from. Chile didn't even make it...I think you lost the right to keep picking me up on not knowing what I am talking about now.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #190: Oct 11, 2017 08:28:30 am
      Not terrible? :lmao:
      Just the whole struggle is hilarious. If they have to play New Zealand it will be shameful to them.
      Peru are horrible. It's a country with 0 players in the Champions League. Even Haiti has one.
      :lmao: clueless
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #191: Oct 11, 2017 08:29:33 am
      I'll never understand your desperate need to give opinions on players and teams you clearly have never watched your life.

FIFA rankings are a joke. Peru last played a World Cup in 1982, and they don't have a single player at any UCL club. Their biggest star play for my club, Flamengo, and trust me, he's nothing special. Argentina have arguably the best player ever on their side, along with a lot of talent such as Dybala, Icardi, Di Maria, and many others.

If you still have any doubts that failing to beat Peru at the Bombonera and being 6th with only one game to go is bad, then ask any Argentinian how they feel about it.
      Clueless  :lmao:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #192: Oct 11, 2017 02:08:30 pm
      so you can eat your words about Peru being sh*te. Peru will beat New Zealand, they basically qualified from the most difficult region to qualify from. Chile didn't even make it...I think you lost the right to keep picking me up on not knowing what I am talking about now.

:lmao:

They ARE sh*te. Differently from you, I actually watch teams and players before passing on opinions. They're a terrible team with a good manager that got them playing with good organisation and a lot of desire.

They wouldn't even have qualified if they hadn't been given 3 points for a match against Bolivia they actually LOST, but received the points because the Bolivians used a player that was irregular.

Their goal last night was also only validated because the keeper touched the ball in what was supposed to be an indirect free kick. Ospina nearly got Colombia out of the World Cup.

So answer me this: have you ever watched Peru play? Like Guilherme Arana? :lmao:

As for Argentina, I never thought they would miss the WC, and I'm actually glad Lionel Messi will be on it, but it's extremely funny to see them struggle. If you actually knew anything about Argentina, or Argentinians, you would know they were all very nervous about the situation.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #193: Oct 11, 2017 02:18:26 pm
      I'm happy for Panama, we get along really well with them, however their first goal was ridiculous.

Haha I've just seen their goal, it was absolutely ridiculous!

The US should never have been in that position though, in such a weak confederation, the only fight should be with Mexico for top spot.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #194: Oct 11, 2017 05:53:11 pm
      The US missing the World Cup just highlights how backward our soccer program is in this country. No good youth setup, no good professional setup, we let everything ride on Pulisic and he almost was able to carry an entire country at age 19. And Bruce Arena? Really? We can’t hire a better manager than Bruce Arena?

US deserved to miss out. A bad coach picking mostly bad players and using bad tactics. Utterly garbage.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #195: Oct 11, 2017 06:48:00 pm
      :lmao:

They ARE sh*te. Differently from you, I actually watch teams and players before passing on opinions. They're a terrible team with a good manager that got them playing with good organisation and a lot of desire.

They wouldn't even have qualified if they hadn't been given 3 points for a match against Bolivia they actually LOST, but received the points because the Bolivians used a player that was irregular.

Their goal last night was also only validated because the keeper touched the ball in what was supposed to be an indirect free kick. Ospina nearly got Colombia out of the World Cup.

So answer me this: have you ever watched Peru play? Like Guilherme Arana? :lmao:

As for Argentina, I never thought they would miss the WC, and I'm actually glad Lionel Messi will be on it, but it's extremely funny to see them struggle. If you actually knew anything about Argentina, or Argentinians, you would know they were all very nervous about the situation.
      Peru, qualified.
      Holland didn't qualify
      Chile didn't qualify

Peru will be around 10th-12th when the new rankings come out.
      They drew against Columbia and Argentina home and away.
      They beat Uruguay.
      They qualified.
      Diego's verdict they are sh*te.

I never watched Peru play, but I looked at these results so I don't need to.

Point 1)No team qualifies for the world cup being sh*te.
      Point 2)Plenty of forum users talk sh*te.
      I would go with the statistical certainty both these points are true in regards to your opinions on Peru.

Your whole rational on them being sh*te was based on there quantity of champions league players, when they hardly have any players in the European leagues.

Just because European league is the best, doesn't mean the others aren't good.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #196: Oct 11, 2017 07:01:51 pm
      Now I get it, a bit of research sees Peru sent Brazil out of Copa America. No wonder he keeps calling them sh*te, very bitter.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #197: Oct 12, 2017 12:19:09 am
      Now I get it, a bit of research sees Peru sent Brazil out of Copa America. No wonder he keeps calling them sh*te, very bitter.

5 posts in a row on one page alone designed to either antagonise or incite a reaction from another user.
      Any more and it'll be your last.

I don't mind one or two smug call out posts when somebody's prediction has gone tits up but there's a line.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #198: Oct 12, 2017 03:08:28 am
      Point 1)No team qualifies for the world cup being sh*te.

Really? :D So Panama are a great team then? The winner between Peru and New Zealand will be a cracking side?

Not even Peruvians - you know, people who actually watch Peru on a regular basis - think their team is more talented than Chile or even Paraguay. Based on game results only, Peru actually would've finished 7th, behind Chile and Paraguay - kind of where their level of talent is in this continent, ahead of Ecuador (debatable), Bolivia and Venezuela only. It was thanks to 3 points they received from Bolivia due to an irregular player that they ended up in 5th. But oh well, I wouldn't expect you to know that.

But anyway, that's football: the talented team not always win. Fascinating, isn't it? Or do you think Iceland has more talent than England? Than Holland? Haha, give me a break. You're desperate to save face because I've constantly called you on your bullshit.

Point 2)Plenty of forum users talk sh*te.

I know you speak from personal experience.

I would go with the statistical certainty both these points are true in regards to your opinions on Peru.

I have a feeling you also don't know what "statistical certainty" actually means. It wouldn't be a surprise.

Your whole rational on them being sh*te was based on there quantity of champions league players, when they hardly have any players in the European leagues.

My rationale was based on watching them, and watching many of their players on a regular basis. Two of them I watched live, and often - they play for Flamengo. (Their names are Paolo Guerrero and Miguel Trauco, in case you feel like doing a scouting report on them via google and wikipedia.) The fact Peru don't have players in the Champions League is only an indicative of how poor they actually are, not an argument in itself. I know a simple minded individual like yourself might struggle to understand it.

Just the fact you need to do "a bit of research" to find out about results from a major international football competition says a lot about your "knowledge". Now please give us your scouting report on Guilherme Arana? Or tell us how much of an issue Raheem Sterling's red cards are?

As for being bitter - well, you couldn't possibly be more wrong (again). I was rooting for Peru. Going out in group stage in Copa America was the best thing that could possibly have happened to Brazil - it meant we got rid of Dunga and hired a fantastic coach in Tite.

Don't believe me? That's my post from the time of the competition (I actually watched it as well, I didn't need "a bit of research"):

Finally...

I rest my case.

You may try as hard as you want mate, you'll always come out as an idiot if you try to pretend you know more than you do.
      « Last Edit: Oct 12, 2017 03:13:53 am by Diego LFC »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #199: Oct 12, 2017 09:12:51 am
      The US missing the World Cup just highlights how backward our soccer program is in this country. No good youth setup, no good professional setup, we let everything ride on Pulisic and he almost was able to carry an entire country at age 19. And Bruce Arena? Really? We can’t hire a better manager than Bruce Arena?

US deserved to miss out. A bad coach picking mostly bad players and using bad tactics. Utterly garbage.

What's the capacity?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #200: Oct 12, 2017 10:00:25 am
      Congratulations Peru, utterly deserve it. Got some good results in this campaign against some of the teams rated as best teams in the world. England won't get them,  since even though Peru will still be slightly above us in the ratings, they are still a few places from being seeded in pot 1, so they'll be in pot two with us.

I remember when Iceland used to be rubbish, when we thrashed them 5-1, but now they knocked us out of Euro and won their world cup qualification group... and Holland and Chile not qualifying...
      I suspect these power shifts to be temporary.

I think Argentina could win it all next year, often it is the great nations that struggled to qualify that come out winners.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #201: Oct 12, 2017 11:06:21 am
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #202: Oct 12, 2017 12:11:47 pm
      Laughing at aaron johannsen who opted to play for the usa instead of Iceland as he wanted to play at the world cup
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #203: Oct 12, 2017 05:11:27 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #204: Oct 13, 2017 01:55:32 pm
      Really? :D So Panama are a great team then? The winner between Peru and New Zealand will be a cracking side?

Not even Peruvians - you know, people who actually watch Peru on a regular basis - think their team is more talented than Chile or even Paraguay. Based on game results only, Peru actually would've finished 7th, behind Chile and Paraguay - kind of where their level of talent is in this continent, ahead of Ecuador (debatable), Bolivia and Venezuela only. It was thanks to 3 points they received from Bolivia due to an irregular player that they ended up in 5th. But oh well, I wouldn't expect you to know that.

But anyway, that's football: the talented team not always win. Fascinating, isn't it? Or do you think Iceland has more talent than England? Than Holland? Haha, give me a break. You're desperate to save face because I've constantly called you on your bullshit.

I have a feeling you also don't know what "statistical certainty" actually means. It wouldn't be a surprise.

My rationale was based on watching them, and watching many of their players on a regular basis. Two of them I watched live, and often - they play for Flamengo. (Their names are Paolo Guerrero and Miguel Trauco, in case you feel like doing a scouting report on them via google and wikipedia.) The fact Peru don't have players in the Champions League is only an indicative of how poor they actually are, not an argument in itself. I know a simple minded individual like yourself might struggle to understand it.

Just the fact you need to do "a bit of research" to find out about results from a major international football competition says a lot about your "knowledge". Now please give us your scouting report on Guilherme Arana? Or tell us how much of an issue Raheem Sterling's red cards are?

As for being bitter - well, you couldn't possibly be more wrong (again). I was rooting for Peru. Going out in group stage in Copa America was the best thing that could possibly have happened to Brazil - it meant we got rid of Dunga and hired a fantastic coach in Tite.

Don't believe me? That's my post from the time of the competition (I actually watched it as well, I didn't need "a bit of research"):

Finally...

I rest my case.

You may try as hard as you want mate, you'll always come out as an idiot if you try to pretend you know more than you do.

YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #205: Oct 13, 2017 05:44:25 pm
      Initially the WCQ against T&T literally made me sick. I HATE Bruce Arena.  Thought his tactics were sh*t and schemes were sh*t. The firing of klingsmam wad a mistake. But, to be fair with the exception of Pulisic the players were complete sh*t. Howard should be retired. The players dont like Arena and it showed. But, its a blessing. The USMNT Need to completely gut the administration.
      This team is way better than our play. I hope wr start fresh, fire every coach and get a World class coach to rebuild.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #206: Oct 13, 2017 10:12:39 pm

Finally...

I rest my case.

I've done a massive U turn, Peru national team are rubbish. You were right all along.
      It is just pure luck they did great in qualification and got results against some of the best teams in the world.
      FIFA rankings don't mean anything, just because they are 12th and will probably be 10th in next months update means nothing.
      You know what means something? Your testimony, not facts. Case rested. You win and I accept defeat.
      Afterall, you watched those games with Peru in so that means much more than the results.

Quick Reply