Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Watford game

Read 3899 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Watford game
      Sep 12, 2016 09:11:39 am
        my son bought tickets for the Watford game on Nov.6th, (actually it was a birthday gift from my son) so we are both attending the game. but still trying to find a good ,not too expensive, not too far from anfield accommodation for 3 nights,
       looking forward to this ,after 10 odd years not visiting
      YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Watford game
      Reply #1: Sep 13, 2016 09:10:45 am
      find a good ,not too expensive, not too far from anfield accommodation for 3 nights,

What is your definition of not too far? Distance or time?

You can stay 10 miles away and get to the ground quicker by transport than you could walk from Liverpool City Centre for instance.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #2: Sep 13, 2016 09:56:11 am
      Ideally you want accomadation outside the city centre, the prices are outrageous but within comfortable reach of ANfield.
      Check it out within say a five mile radius of the ground but clear of the city limits then you get a private hire cab to ANfield and you should get change out of a tenner with the fare.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3: Sep 13, 2016 12:05:46 pm
      The Premier Inn's and Ibis around the city are usually good value. The West Derby Premier Inn's the one I liked, as it was walking distance for me, but I've stayed on the docks, in the centre and over the River in Birkenhead and Greasby, where public transport is easy or you can grab a cab. Saturday won't be cheap, but right now staying at the Premier Inn in Greasby is Fri-Sun £147, Sat-Mon £140 or Sun-Tues £102. Birkenhead and West Derby ain't huge amounts more.

Stuey's right about cab fares, they are ridiculously cheap in Liverpool compared to where I live, but I bussed it or got lifts from strangers going to the game because the locals were just that damn friendly.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #4: Sep 26, 2016 07:52:19 am
      finally booked and all sorted
      thanks to all for the info
      staying at Ibis in Dale street, not too far from anfield
      looking forward to this
      thanks again
      YNWA