Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool get Spurs in League Cup 4th Round

Read 3651 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,216 posts | 1221 
      Re: Liverpool get Spurs in League Cup 4th Round
      Reply #23: Sep 22, 2016 10:15:12 pm
      Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the last time we played Tottenham in the league cup was that quarter final in 2004 at White Hart Lane when Rafa started one of the weakest sides I can remember...and we won on penalties! Needless to say the likes of David Raven, John Welsh and Zak Whitbread didn't make the biggest of impacts in English football. In fact, last time I looked Raven was playing with Inverness!

Them were the days...Zak Whitbread... Always thought he was an odd looking defender being a left-footed yank CB with white hair! I remember thinking he might make it as well some day.

Think we'll do them quite comfortably this time. Home tie is always huge but added to that Jürgen will definitely want to win this competition after last year, as proven by the comparatively strong line-up vs Derby.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #24: Sep 24, 2016 03:29:36 pm
      Even with Kane most likely out it will be a tough game. They have only lost once this season and seem to be ticking over nicely..

But I really do fancy us to win at home..in 90 mins
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: Sep 24, 2016 07:31:49 pm
      We've got this.

Quick Reply