Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Footy pundits are wrong about Liverpool

Read 10783 times
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Re: Footy pundits are wrong about Liverpool
      Reply #69: Oct 03, 2016 03:56:51 am
      Give up now then lad!!

Me, I'm gonna carry on supporting the redmen rather than worry about City or those other cockney wankers.

Are we not aloud to discuss our faults ?  Should I put the blinkers on and pretend everything is OK ? Ignore what the competitions is doing ?

I have always been told we are the most knowledgeable fans. I know to take it with a pinch of salt but I always expect a Liverpool supporter to know the difference between good football from bad football and be able to admit the teams failings.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #70: Oct 03, 2016 07:51:56 am
      Are we not aloud to discuss our faults ?  Should I put the blinkers on and pretend everything is OK ? Ignore what the competitions is doing ?

I have always been told we are the most knowledgeable fans. I know to take it with a pinch of salt but I always expect a Liverpool supporter to know the difference between good football from bad football and be able to admit the teams failings.

Stop being a miserable sod enjoy the good times we are F***ing winning matches playing exciting football.

All you can comment about is that our defence is w*nk!

BTW re Klavan he is a CB that's why he doesn't play left back and you do realise we need a squad what happens if one of Lovren or Matip is injured.
      He was bought as a direct replacement for Skrtel so third choice CB.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #71: Oct 03, 2016 08:01:08 am

I'd love to hear about how you watched every Augsburg game to come to this conclusion.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #72: Oct 03, 2016 11:51:40 am
      Quote from Eddieo
      City are still top of the league and their defending will improve. They have a new manager with a different approach.

If you are not worried about our defending ? you should be. No team will win the title defending as we do, it is not good enough. If you continue making simple mistakes handing teams chance’s you will become unstuck. Maybe not at the start of the season but when it get towards the back end of the year and the pressure starts to multiply poor defending will cost you dearly.

I hope it gets better but when I look at our defenders I’m not that sure it will.

Who said anything about winning the league?

Houllier had to finish in the Top 3, later Top 4.
      Benitez had to finish 1st in the league.
      Dalglish had to finish in the Top 4.
      Rodgers had to finish in the Top 4.
      Klopp has to finish in the Top 4.

When they were appointed, 4 of the 5 coaches above had a very similiar goal in front of them. We were not in the European Cup, and their task was to get back in it. Anything more would be a bonus. Some succeeded, some didn't.

We want to win the league, but Klopp is not expected to win the league this year. He is here to get us back into the Top 4, and even if the defending isn't perfect, he's very capable of that. As 3 years ago, a good December and January will be the backbone of whatever we go on to achieve this season.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #73: Oct 03, 2016 12:02:49 pm
      Can we add "some of our own fans are wrong about Liverpool"....

Jeez buckle up lads...
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #74: Oct 03, 2016 01:00:41 pm
      I love the football we are playing !

But, I want us to win the league and thread is about  pundits saying we wont win the league and without an improvement in the defence we will not win the league. I am not being miserable, I’m just stating a fact !

Klavan has played left back. I like Milner, I love his energy and his work rate but at left back he is  a liability   

Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #75: Oct 03, 2016 01:01:18 pm
      I'd love to hear about how you watched every Augsburg game to come to this conclusion.

So I cant have an opinion unless I’ve watch every single game a player has played ?
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #76: Oct 03, 2016 01:02:25 pm
      Who said anything about winning the league?

Houllier had to finish in the Top 3, later Top 4.
      Benitez had to finish 1st in the league.
      Dalglish had to finish in the Top 4.
      Rodgers had to finish in the Top 4.
      Klopp has to finish in the Top 4.

When they were appointed, 4 of the 5 coaches above had a very similiar goal in front of them. We were not in the European Cup, and their task was to get back in it. Anything more would be a bonus. Some succeeded, some didn't.

We want to win the league, but Klopp is not expected to win the league this year. He is here to get us back into the Top 4, and even if the defending isn't perfect, he's very capable of that. As 3 years ago, a good December and January will be the backbone of whatever we go on to achieve this season.
      The thread is about us winning the league !

I believe we have a chance of winning this year. I don’t want to be second, third, forth……. I want to win !

We have a massive advantage not playing in Europe. We have a manager with a touch of class, more than a touch. The players are up for it and we are playing wonderful attacking football.

We could we the league ! But it will never happen unless our defending improves !

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #77: Oct 03, 2016 01:10:14 pm
      So I cant have an opinion unless I’ve watch every single game a player has played ?

I'd wager my house you haven't seen him play more than half a dozen times before he signed for us, Eddie.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #78: Oct 03, 2016 01:28:13 pm

And you want me to take your opinion seriously when you can't even get a simple word like allowed right!! :laugh: (This was meant as a sh*t joke btw, before anyone wants to get on their high-horse)

I'm not pretending everything is perfect, we're actually going along quite nicely at the moment, I'm just fed up with the miserable cu*ts who can't even take some simple enjoyment from the game. I go every game, so yeah I know what our F***ing failings are trust me, but I'm sick to death of listening to doom merchants who constantly want to slag our own team off, yet praise sh*te like Arsenal, who we've already turned over.

Also those most knowledgeable fans also know when to get behind the team when we can see something stirring and trust me Klopp has this team stirring. So forget the weaknesses and focus on the positives.

And that starts with smashing the manc cu*ts all over Anfield in our next match 8)

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #79: Oct 03, 2016 01:29:57 pm
      I'd wager my house you haven't seen him play more than half a dozen times before he signed for us, Eddie.

Put an extra fiver on for me as well.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #80: Oct 03, 2016 03:18:30 pm
      I love the football we are playing !

But, I want us to win the league and thread is about  pundits saying we wont win the league and without an improvement in the defence we will not win the league. I am not being miserable, I’m just stating a fact !

Klavan has played left back. I like Milner, I love his energy and his work rate but at left back he is  a liability

What are you on about?! Milner is a liability? He's been one of our best players the last few games, even without the goals.

What are you on mate?  :lmao:
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #81: Oct 04, 2016 11:39:15 am
      Daring to dream about going into William Hills with my "winning" betting slip (£50 each way @ 8/1) thats first two @ 1 x 1/3rd for the place bit.(down to 5/1 now I believe).Hope to see me mates down here in Surrey laughing on the other side of their faces too.IJWT.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #82: Oct 04, 2016 06:51:13 pm
      And you want me to take your opinion seriously when you can't even get a simple word like allowed right!! :laugh: (This was meant as a sh*t joke btw, before anyone wants to get on their high-horse)

I'm not pretending everything is perfect, we're actually going along quite nicely at the moment, I'm just fed up with the miserable cu*ts who can't even take some simple enjoyment from the game. I go every game, so yeah I know what our f**king failings are trust me, but I'm sick to death of listening to doom merchants who constantly want to slag our own team off, yet praise sh*te like Arsenal, who we've already turned over.

Also those most knowledgeable fans also know when to get behind the team when we can see something stirring and trust me Klopp has this team stirring. So forget the weaknesses and focus on the positives.

And that starts with smashing the manc cu*ts all over Anfield in our next match 8)

First my gammar is sh*t ! Really sh*t !

Who is miserable ? I don’t think anyone miserable

If any team, player, manager does things I will praise them.

I hate Man U ! but, if I watch them and they score a good goal, I am going to say it was a good goal.

I praise will praise good football regardless of who the player is and who they play for !

I take it for granted that we are all behind the team even if someone points out a weakness

There is not a lot that makes me happier than us beating the mancs

Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #83: Oct 05, 2016 12:31:32 am
      Well this came out as a surprise  :lmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrT8CzU7v7I
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #84: Nov 15, 2016 04:25:25 pm
      Is the opposite happening? I was interested how this would work out:

Come Christmas time, I'm going to look at how teams go the week after playing us. Reckon that'd be a fun stat.

And this is what i've come up with. Interesting:

https://twitter.com/Shamwoww23/status/798561818457145345

Quick Reply