Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Kodi

Read 17317 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Kodi
      Sep 27, 2016 11:32:24 am
      In the news today because the sale of pre-loaded devices is going to court.

A legal case concerning the sale of video-streaming set-top boxes that can access subscription content for free, begins on Tuesday.

So-called "fully-loaded Kodi boxes" have gained popularity, but the legality of their sale is in question.

Middlesbrough trader Brian Thompson is accused of selling equipment that "facilitated the circumvention" of copyright protection measures.

The trial has been described as a landmark case by industry watchers.

Mr Thompson will not enter a plea on Tuesday, but has told local media he intends to challenge the charges.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-37474595

Anybody use this.  I got one of those Raspberry PI's a couple of years back and it's on there with OpenElec. Seems to work pretty well.

Favourite add-ons?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Kodi
      Reply #1: Sep 27, 2016 11:48:34 am

A legal case concerning the sale of video-streaming set-top boxes that can access subscription content for free, begins on Tuesday.

So-called "fully-loaded Kodi boxes" have gained popularity, but the legality of their sale is in question.

Middlesbrough trader Brian Thompson is accused of selling equipment that "facilitated the circumvention" of copyright protection measures.

Mr Thompson will not enter a plea on Tuesday, but has told local media he intends to challenge the charges.

Anybody use this.  I got one of those Raspberry PI's a couple of years back and it's on there with OpenElec. Seems to work pretty well.

Favourite add-ons?

Hardly going to make any difference to the sales of any machines that can play Kodi.
      Even if the court case is up held you will just have to load your own add ons - which is preferable in any case.

It's not illegal to watch streams. But obviously it is illegal to upload copyrighted material.

Exodus is the go to for all movies and TV shows.
      Phoenix is also good.

Loads of sports addons like Zem Tv, Halow sport, Castaway, NJM Soccer.

In fact usually best if you get a stream on NBC sports or Fox sports, TSN etc as that way you don't have to listen to the likes of Michael Owen and Martin Tyler

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2: Sep 27, 2016 12:17:33 pm
      Find Phoenix a bit hit and miss at times.  Used to have NJM Soccer but then it went offline - hadn't realised it started up again.

There was another one Football Today or Football Highlights it was called.  They seemed to have highlights on of games about an hour after they finished.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3: Sep 27, 2016 02:36:19 pm
      Find Phoenix a bit hit and miss at times.  Used to have NJM Soccer but then it went offline - hadn't realised it started up again.

There was another one Football Today or Football Highlights it was called.  They seemed to have highlights on of games about an hour after they finished.

Have a look at this

http://bestforkodi.com/best-free-sports-addons-kodi-part-1/?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4: Sep 27, 2016 02:57:07 pm

Favourite add-ons?

I use it on our laptop and hook it to the TV with HDMI. Use the Kore remote on my phone as a remote.

Exodus and ZemTV are the two I use the most often and fine Exodus in particular great for movie's and TV shows.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #5: Sep 27, 2016 08:54:06 pm
      On that subject, has anyone got a quick cure for stuttering streams?

Consume more alcohol or I've heard you should clear the cache.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #6: Sep 27, 2016 08:55:38 pm
      I use it on our laptop and hook it to the TV with HDMI. Use the Kore remote on my phone as a remote.

Should look into a Pi. There about £30 and saves you fannying about with laptops next to your tele.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7: Sep 27, 2016 09:04:56 pm
      Got an MX box myself. Find Kodi a bit hit and miss for live tv, prefer to use mobdro for streaming the sport.

Showbox another great app for your films and tv shows. Works great with a google chromecast.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #8: Sep 28, 2016 12:21:24 am
      Should look into a Pi. There about £30 and saves you fannying about with laptops next to your tele.

Are they easy enough set up mate?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #9: Sep 28, 2016 05:58:28 am
      Kodi is my back up it Mobdro isnt showing a game, Sportsdevil is best for sport.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #10: Sep 28, 2016 06:28:50 am
      Got this on Amazon Firestick. Exodus as mentioned is great for TV and movies. Tend to stick to Sportsdevil for the non-televised football games.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #11: Sep 28, 2016 12:16:01 pm
      Are they easy enough set up mate?

From what I remember it was a case of dragging some files on to the sd card and loading it up.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #12: Sep 28, 2016 01:23:08 pm
      Even easier get a sd card preloaded off eBay for openlec or osmc.
      Less than £10.

Edit if you don't fancy eBay then buy one from the official uk pi distributor pihut.
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2016 02:34:54 pm by HScRed1 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #13: Sep 28, 2016 02:36:23 pm
      Would you really pay someone six or seven quid to put a 100mb file on a card for you?

Give me a shout when the SD on your phone needs transferring mate and I'll take the week of work. ;)

I get what your saying mate but not everyone is tech savvy and a tenner is about the same as a packet of ciggies.

Not even a tenner!

https://thepihut.com/products/kodi-preinstalled-sd-card

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #14: Sep 28, 2016 02:45:05 pm
      Furry muff, I'd have to say though if you're not tech savvy enough to transfer files to an SD card then kodi probably isn't for you really.

Post above mate £6 for a 8GB sd card and all preloaded more time to have a fag  :D

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15: Sep 28, 2016 06:45:52 pm
      I've got Kodi on a Firestick and a TV box thing but thought I'd have a bash at putting it onto my laptop and having a mess about with it. With the help of YouTube I managed to set it up and install a majority of the add-on's I want but linking certain add-ons to the menus is proving to be a bi*ch :D.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #16: Sep 29, 2016 11:22:44 am
      I tried setting up an android box with Kodi last night, but the remote control for it seems to be fu**ed. (There's actually two remotes and they're both doing the same thing)

Don't know the correct way to explain this, but each remote has the same problem. The buttons don't seem to be in sync. Eg. If I press the button '3' on a remote it would turn the volume up, and if I hit the 'mouse' button it would start a nuclear war.

Is this a common thing or what the F**k is going on?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #17: Sep 29, 2016 12:01:16 pm
      I tried setting up an android box with Kodi last night, but the remote control for it seems to be fu**ed. (There's actually two remotes and they're both doing the same thing)

Don't know the correct way to explain this, but each remote has the same problem. The buttons don't seem to be in sync. Eg. If I press the button '3' on a remote it would turn the volume up, and if I hit the 'mouse' button it would start a nuclear war.

Is this a common thing or what the f**k is going on?

No idea mate, I bought a cheap android box off eBay but the wifi was awful so ditched it in the bin for a pi.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #18: Mar 06, 2017 02:06:13 pm
      Bit of advice, Exodus has disappeared off my Kodi, didn't set up myself, so have no idea how to get it back, had this happened to anyone else? If so will it reappear or do I have reinstall it?

Sorted.
      « Last Edit: Mar 06, 2017 05:27:22 pm by RedPuppy »
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #19: Mar 06, 2017 02:37:32 pm
      I bought one of these KODI boxes 6 months or so ago. Initially, it worked great and I was able to get a stream to watch LFC matches using Castaway but last few months no stream works. :(

Anyway, I now go to Redditt soccer streams and pick up NBCSN (or something like that) and it works most of the time.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #20: Mar 06, 2017 08:07:36 pm
      Bit of advice, Exodus has disappeared off my Kodi, didn't set up myself, so have no idea how to get it back, had this happened to anyone else? If so will it reappear or do I have reinstall it?

Sorted.

What was the problem with it?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #21: Mar 06, 2017 08:52:31 pm
      What was the problem with it?

The Exodus app disappeared.

The friend that installed Kodi on the Fire Stick talked me though where to find it & the installation process.

Plus side, I managed to find the footie.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22: Mar 30, 2017 11:07:51 pm
      Anybody tried out Krypton yet? I installed it tonight and so far I like it. I wasn't a fan of the original skin but I changed that to Xonfluence almost immediately.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #23: Mar 30, 2017 11:40:23 pm
      Anybody tried out Krypton yet?

Is this the new Exodus thing?  Or a new Kodi version?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #24: Mar 31, 2017 05:38:47 pm
      Is this the new Exodus thing?  Or a new Kodi version?

It's the new Kodi setup.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #25: Mar 31, 2017 06:03:49 pm
      Anybody tried out Krypton yet? I installed it tonight and so far I like it. I wasn't a fan of the original skin but I changed that to Xonfluence almost immediately.

I heard there was a few issues initially so have just stayed with Kodi 16. Godd to see the glitches have been sorted out.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #26: Jun 09, 2017 07:27:34 pm

Looks like they have shut it down.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #27: Apr 22, 2021 01:56:26 pm
      Blast from the past, is this still a thing?

Quick Reply