Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Drag Back, Step Over, Drag Back, Step Over, Drag Back x100

Read 1977 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Drag Back, Step Over, Drag Back, Step Over, Drag Back x100
      Oct 18, 2016 07:07:58 pm
      Another player hitting the one hundred game milestone, this time our rejuvenated Adam Lallana. After a shaky start to his Liverpool career, he's having the best run of form in a Red shirt since being dropped deeper into a midfield three. And it's being rewarded with a hundredth game for the club. Possibly this weekend against the Baggies.

He'll become the 202nd player to hit the milestone, following in Danny Sturridge's footsteps - who achieved the same feat last night against United.

I've never been his biggest fan, nor hid that fact. And the 20 million we spent on him could, and probably should, of been spent more wisely. But as I said in the opening paragraph, he's been in great form this since. Moving into a more central midfield role has helped his form and in turn the team's. He's also chipping in with a few more goals now.

So a hundred games for the most successful club in England is no easy achievement and therefore a big well done to Adam Lallana.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Drag Back, Step Over, Drag Back, Step Over, Drag Back x100
      Reply #1: Oct 18, 2016 07:15:45 pm
      Well done Adam!

Was always a fan but just as soon as i was starting to question his spot in the team over the past 6 months, he produces some of the best football of his career. Reinvented himself under Klopp and become vital to our style of play.

Keep it going, lad.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #2: Oct 18, 2016 07:25:32 pm
      Love the thread title :D

I had a lot of doubts about him but this season he is really turning it on and showing how important he is to the team. One of the first names on the team sheet now imo.

Big well done to the lad!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3: Oct 18, 2016 09:54:32 pm
      Getting better every game too!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4: Oct 18, 2016 10:05:45 pm
      Yeh  agree  that the thread has a cool title.

I was a critic but he has come on brilliantly.

What was it ?  TPM ? Wrong position ?

Who knows but there was a visible difference for the team when he came on last night.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #5: Oct 18, 2016 10:15:04 pm
      +1 for the title :D

Seriously, Lallana is a contender for most improved player under Klopp. Bought into the work ethic and tactical approach and has added some end product in goals and assists. But as Klopp himself said, he was always a good player.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,646 posts | 6942 
      Reply #6: Oct 18, 2016 11:19:38 pm
      Seriously, Lallana is a contender for most improved player under Klopp.

Very hard to disagree with that.  70 games in I would have packed his bags for him.  Klopp's insistence on not going out in the January window to have a look at his players seems to have been a shrewd move in hindsight - definitely worked out well for Lallana. 

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #7: Oct 18, 2016 11:55:00 pm
      Enjoy watching the guy play. Creative, hard-working and links up well with his teammates.

Admittedly for a while it tended to be a lot of huff and puff without much in the way of end product or cutting edge, but he has always had the ability to be a highly influential player for us and I'm glad Jürgen's faith in him has been rewarded with a strong start to the season.

Hard work takes you a long way.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #8: Oct 19, 2016 09:45:19 am
      Thought it was a moan thread about Hendo at first then realised what it actually said in the title.

For Hendo it would have been receive ball, turn, pass back haha

Really missed him against the Mancs the other night and I have no doubt we'd have won if he was on from the start.

The lad is everywhere on the pitch and vital to our press. We'll done on the 100 Adam, good luck in the next 100.

YNWA
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9: Oct 19, 2016 10:33:04 am
      +1 for the title :D

Seriously, Lallana is a contender for most improved player under Klopp. Bought into the work ethic and tactical approach and has added some end product in goals and assists. But as Klopp himself said, he was always a good player.

It's interesting that when Klopp first came to Liverpool he insisted that we have really good players and would often cite his impressions of watching Lallana at Southampton as an example.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10: Oct 19, 2016 10:54:37 am
      Congrats Adam, love watching him play and love the fact he's such a big cog in our machine.

Keep doing what you've been doing Adam and we may have a decent season  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Oct 19, 2016 04:27:39 pm
      He's a real inspiration to everyone around him and it's great to see the applause he runs onto when he takes to the field at Anfield, with the help of Jürgen he's really turned things around for himself with lots of hard work and commitment too, keep up the good work Adam and hopefully success with follow come the end of the season.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #12: Oct 19, 2016 04:57:23 pm
      I'm not sure I really buy this notion that Lallana is "vastly" improved or anything. He's always been a good player, just inconsistent in his time here. He's found a level of consistency now and it's paying dividends because we're getting his best every match instead of every other or every third.

Quick Reply