Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

If Bayern want Klopp as next boss - would he go?

Read 8645 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: If Bayern want Klopp as next boss - would he go?
      Reply #46: Sep 30, 2016 04:38:30 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10599764/Jürgen-klopp-ill-end-my-managerial-career-at-liverpool

Hopefully his time here will end with plenty of trophies!

It would seem the answer to the question is No.

Jürgen Klopp: I'll end my managerial career at Liverpool

Jürgen Klopp says he would be content to see out his managerial career with Liverpool but will retire in the next 10 years.

Klopp is 49 and has admitted he does not want to be "sitting on the bench at 60", which gives him 11 years in which to achieve his ambitions at Anfield.

The German celebrates a year in charge of the Reds next week and on Saturday will attempt to build on a flying start of four wins in six Premier League games when Liverpool travel to Swansea.

Klopp told Germany's RedaktionsNetwerk: "I certainly will (return to Germany) to live, but I don't know if I will be back there as a coach yet. The day will come when I say, 'thanks, it was a pleasure'.

"It's very, very unlikely that I will still be sitting on the bench when I am 60. And, if at the end of my career I only got to coach Mainz, Dortmund and Liverpool, then it will certainly have been three fantastic clubs."

Liverpool will bid for a fifth consecutive win when they visit the Liberty Stadium. Klopp's side have scored 14 goals in their past four games while Swansea have managed just a single Premier League victory this season.

That came in their opening match against Burnley, and manager Francesco Guidolin admitted he is braced for the sack if they fail to win on Saturday

ut the Swans were unlucky to lose to Manchester City last weekend and Klopp feels they are a better team than their points tally suggests.

He said: "This season we have time to analyse all the opponents properly and they play much better than four points look like.

"It's a good football-playing side with a clear plan, with different options in their style of play, good defending. If you want, it's a typical Premier League problem.

"You analyse an opponent and you think, 'Okay, that's quite strong'. They were unlucky in this situation, lucky in this situation for the opponent. We will be prepared for this game and no one should be in doubt that we know about the quality of Swansea."
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #47: Sep 30, 2016 05:22:23 pm
      Not after his comments made today anyway. You gota love the man. Since I have been supporting his great club we have never looked as good and we have Klopp to thank for this. Let's hope he finishes his career with us.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #48: Oct 01, 2016 10:52:05 am
      Personaqlly, I'd think it depends on the "push and pull factors' as the years roll by. I won't say for sure he will or will not leave. He has just embarked on a new project and a new challenge and in the next 3 years I don't see him moving  to Bayern unless during this period Bayern offers Klopp a super duper contract. But I'd think Klopp is not that kind of person and money may not be everything to him. If say, for some reason there's a turn of event where key players got shipped out and average quality players got ship in and we were heading downwards and Klopp got disillusioned with the management (not the club) he will dissapear faster than a flash and that's a push factor.

In short, if he did attain success in the next few years whether the owners will back him all the way for a sustainable challenge will be the deciding factor.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #49: Oct 01, 2016 11:13:11 am
      Unless you weren't watching us in 13/14 or during the Rafa era, then this simply isn't true.
      Right now we have Sturridge, Firmino, Origi and Mane who are all amazing forwards. We never had 4 players of such quality that can act as centre forwards before. Back in those era you mentioned we have Torres or Suarez and Sturridge, but when they weren't around we didn't have much going forward. We managed because of players like Gerrard and Garcia getting goals from midfield and the odd screamer from Risse. We won big things with worse sides than we have now. The potential of our current team is very good. There is no reason we can't be a European powerhouse again and soon. If you look back when we won the champions league, we had some players in our side that wouldn't get in Klopps side, had they not aged of course. Traore and Baros were in the final. We got away with it since Gerrard was like 3 players on his own.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #50: Oct 08, 2016 12:47:03 pm
      Quote from redkop63
      I don't see him moving  to Bayern I'd think Klopp is not that kind of person.

What is that supposed to mean?

Rafa once said he could never coach Chelsea or Real Madrid. When they came calling for him, off he went. Xabi Alonso is a Basque. Basques hate Real Madrid. Yet when Real came for him, off he went. The current Barcelona coach played for both Real Madrid and Barcelona, despite the animosity between the two. Mourinho trained at Barcelona and took the Real job.

I'm not criticising anyone above. I'm showing that if clubs want people badly enough, they'll come for them. And most don't refuse. Everyone wants a job, and for a football coach, the Bayern job is one of the best around, and if called upon principles, if there are any, rapidly go out the window.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #51: Oct 08, 2016 10:16:21 pm
      What is that supposed to mean?

Rafa once said he could never coach Chelsea or Real Madrid. When they came calling for him, off he went. Xabi Alonso is a Basque. Basques hate Real Madrid. Yet when Real came for him, off he went. The current Barcelona coach played for both Real Madrid and Barcelona, despite the animosity between the two. Mourinho trained at Barcelona and took the Real job.

I'm not criticising anyone above. I'm showing that if clubs want people badly enough, they'll come for them. And most don't refuse. Everyone wants a job, and for a football coach, the Bayern job is one of the best around, and if called upon principles, if there are any, rapidly go out the window.

True, but ain't it a bit early to judge Klopp would head down that direction? As I've said earlier, whether Klopp would go in the same direction depends on what happens as the years go by and there's no certainty that it will not happen if he sees that the club is badly run, heading nowhere and on a steep decline and that he could not do a thing about it. It will in fact hasten his departure.

On the Rafa bit, nobody will ever know the real reasons for his actions until he reveals it years later when he has retired from management with his very own words. Rafa was out of job, out of action for a while and likely he needs a job to keep food on the table and more importantly to keep himself up to date with the game and I'm sure there're more reasons to that.

Will i be  bitter if Klopp ever leaves LFC for Bayern? Sad maybe, bitter no. The game has changed so much over the years that the we can expect lots of the unexpected to happen to the club and I am prepared for these to happen.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #52: Oct 08, 2016 10:27:26 pm
      Rafa once said he could never coach Chelsea or Real Madrid.

I highly doubt Rafa ever said he wouldn't manage Real Madrid... he's always admitted to be a Madrid fan.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1528 
      Reply #53: Oct 08, 2016 10:33:51 pm
      I haven't had time to read all the previous posts, but didn't I read somewhere that he stated he would like to retire at 60, and ad no intention of leaving Liverpool in the foreseeable future. He expects to be here at his time of retirement if wanted. He said if all he managed in his career was Mainze, Dortmund and Liverpool, he would consider it a successful career at three great clubs.
      Now ask me for a link, and i haven't got one. But you heard it here first.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #54: Oct 08, 2016 11:36:38 pm
      I honestly am struggling to understand why this thread is even relevant. With all of the optimism and feel good going around the club, why would anyone want to even discuss the thought that Klopp might want to manage Bayern.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #55: Oct 08, 2016 11:39:50 pm
      I honestly am struggling to understand why this thread is even relevant. With all of the optimism and feel good going around the club, why would anyone want to even discuss the thought that Klopp might want to manage Bayern.

Probably similar to posters posting "stats" that Jürgen is not all that............
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #56: Oct 08, 2016 11:55:25 pm
      I highly doubt Rafa ever said he wouldn't manage Real Madrid... he's always admitted to be a Madrid fan.

That's just lfc across the water typically bullshitting and making things up to suit his agenda. Again.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #57: Oct 11, 2016 03:16:20 am
      there is absolutely no chance of Klopp joining Bayern. he already turned Real and Bayern down. why would he go against his philosophies and outlook as a person and sign for such an 'easy' job as he puts it? how could Liverpool scar him so much that he goes against 20+ years of shaping his mentality to sign for a superpower?

no chance. not even worth discussing.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #58: Oct 11, 2016 10:44:42 am

Not sure I remember him saying it about Chelsea to be honest. I know he called them a small club and jad the odd dig at them but that is about it.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #59: Oct 11, 2016 12:21:33 pm
      All irrelevant. He's not going anywhere.

Quick Reply