Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Visiting Liverpool

Read 17561 times
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Visiting Liverpool
      Oct 15, 2016 06:24:11 pm
      Well, it's finally happening and over the moon doesn't even cover it :)

The plan is to be in London on Nov 23rd, staying there for a couple of days due to work and then Liverpool for the weekend, hopefully I can get a ticket for the Sunderland game.

Calling out my fellow Reds to help me out with the travelling arrangements (pretty please :) ), I'm planning on staying near Victoria Station, since I'll need to move around, then Saturday morning I'm thinking a train from Euston Station to Liverpool, staying over night and Sunday back to London to fly out.

What do you think, is it doable? Will I be able to get a ticket to the match, or am I a bit late? It's kinda my once in a lifetime opportunity, due to visas and stuff, so please any help, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Would love to meet up with all the Reds from here going to the match and finally putting faces into usernames :)   
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Visiting Liverpool
      Reply #1: Oct 15, 2016 07:20:58 pm
      Well, it's finally happening and over the moon doesn't even cover it :)

The plan is to be in London on Nov 23rd, staying there for a couple of days due to work and then Liverpool for the weekend, hopefully I can get a ticket for the Sunderland game.

Calling out my fellow Reds to help me out with the travelling arrangements (pretty please :) ), I'm planning on staying near Victoria Station, since I'll need to move around, then Saturday morning I'm thinking a train from Euston Station to Liverpool, staying over night and Sunday back to London to fly out.

What do you think, is it doable? Will I be able to get a ticket to the match, or am I a bit late? It's kinda my once in a lifetime opportunity, due to visas and stuff, so please any help, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Would love to meet up with all the Reds from here going to the match and finally putting faces into usernames :)   

I do the Liverpool Lime Street to London Euston and vice versa thing a lot so yes that is doable. I stayed in the Premier Inn at London Victoria about a month ago too. The train from Victoria to Euston is not even 10 minutes and the London to Liverpool about 2 hours 10. It's nothing. Just make sure you book the train that doesn't require a stop. If you download the Train Line App you can book through that and have paperless tickets on yiur phone. With the tubes in London definitely get an Oyster Card at a machine as opposed to the daily railcards. For hotels in Liverpool I'd suggest Booking.com but as I don't have to stay at hotels here somebody else may have better advice with that.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #2: Oct 15, 2016 08:03:37 pm
      Regarding a ticket, don't get worried if you don't hear anything positive until very close to the game. I'm sure somebody will sort it

**COUGH**El Batez**COUGH**
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3: Oct 15, 2016 08:19:51 pm
      Hey Kate, happy to hear you'll be around! I look forward to meeting you and promise to try my best to get you a ticket - I'll be keeping an eye on both the membership and local general sales, they sold out very quickly but there's always hope... :) Dave's coughs are probably your best bet though ;D

Even if you're unable to make it to the game, you should do an Anfield Tour, visit the club's museum, that sort of stuff. I've done this twice in the past and enjoyed it very much.

As for hotels in Liverpool, I don't know much either, I've only stayed in cheap hostels that are generally very basic but had decent prices (if you look in enough advance) and had great locations, such as Hatters Hostel and the International Inn. I think booking.com is indeed the place to look for, and since you're only staying for a night, I think a good location in the city centre would be very good for you.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Oct 15, 2016 11:34:34 pm
      Kate....I have a spare ticket in the Kop and it most definately is yours if you want it  8)

Looking forward to meeting you  :scarf:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #5: Oct 15, 2016 11:39:12 pm
      Kate....I have a spare ticket in the Kop and it most definately is yours if you want it  8)

There you go Kate. Kop aswell.

Nice.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #6: Oct 15, 2016 11:41:41 pm

Us scousers are good aren't we hun  ;)

block 203 in the Kop Kate  :gt-happyup:
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      Reply #7: Oct 16, 2016 12:18:39 pm
      Oh MsG.... Yes, please. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are the best, I am so happy, thank you! Can't wait for a hug and pint with you :)

WAHS, thanks for the advice mate, gave me a boost there since I wasn't sure if I can make it all happen in such a short span.

Diego, looking forward to meeting you as well and thanks for the tips. Yes, I am also thinking city center, but not sure if it'll be a hostel, still going through booking.com, but I'll get it sorted, most importantly, a wonderful lady found me a ticket :)

This is why I love this place, so many great people and MsG, scousers are not good, you're BOSS!

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #8: Oct 16, 2016 12:36:16 pm

Great stuff Cas! :)

Very happy for you Kate, I know what it feels like, back in 2011 when I came to Liverpool for the very first time!
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      Reply #9: Oct 16, 2016 02:18:49 pm
      Great stuff Cas! :)

Very happy for you Kate, I know what it feels like, back in 2011 when I came to Liverpool for the very first time!

When I read the messages this morning I literally had a flashback of a 12 year old me, watching my first LFC games on TV thinking, this is it, this is where I'll go one day, watch a game, sing those songs and no matter how cheesy it may sound, its a dream come true, that little girl's dream come true :)

And you my friend, you are taking the whole love for scouseland of us foreigners to another level, going to study, live there. Hope you and your missus are all settled in your new home now. 
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      Reply #10: Oct 16, 2016 03:22:22 pm
      Well that escalated quickly and beautifully didn't it.

Enjoy yourself Kateykoo. ;)

Thank you my dear Exiled. Any chance of meeting you in Liverpool? Would love it if possible.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #11: Oct 16, 2016 03:48:29 pm
      Have fun Kate. I truly know how you feel. I felt the same way last year when I went to Liverpool. Enjoy yourself in the great city of Liverpool and at the game.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      Reply #12: Oct 16, 2016 03:49:33 pm
      Have fun Kate. I truly know how you feel. I felt the same way last year when I went to Liverpool. Enjoy yourself in the great city of Liverpool and at the game.

Thanks Firepool, can't wait :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: Oct 16, 2016 04:04:53 pm
      Enjoy, Kate!

Booking.com sorted us out when we traveled over. I think we ended up staying at the Crowne Plaza next to the Royal Liver Building. Perfect location with Liverpool ONE down the road to the right and Anfield a short trip up the hill to the left. And it was right on the water so it was a brilliant spot. But any spot in the middle of the city is really convenient.

For train tickets, pre-book your tickets online and get a one-way stop from Euston to Lime St. Seemed a nightmare to have to sort out on the day as they were slow and busy the day we went which was a Saturday morning. Would hate to deal with that and potentially miss out on a train.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #14: Oct 16, 2016 04:30:06 pm
      Oh MsG.... Yes, please. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are the best, I am so happy, thank you! Can't wait for a hug and pint with you :)

WAHS, thanks for the advice mate, gave me a boost there since I wasn't sure if I can make it all happen in such a short span.

Diego, looking forward to meeting you as well and thanks for the tips. Yes, I am also thinking city center, but not sure if it'll be a hostel, still going through booking.com, but I'll get it sorted, most importantly, a wonderful lady found me a ticket :)

This is why I love this place, so many great people and MsG, scousers are not good, you're BOSS!

So happy for you Kate, love helping people's dreams come true  :gt-happyup: we'll have a great time hun  8)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #15: Oct 16, 2016 06:18:11 pm
      I'm not too sure Kate, I have to do in-law visits once a month down to the Midlands and it'll fall on that weekend but if that changes I'll try and nip over.

Regardless of that you'll have a lovely time with ar MsG, a hospitable and warning host she be.

If only the Grafton was still open.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16: Oct 16, 2016 06:51:31 pm
      I love my Red Family, they never fail to warm the cockles of my heart  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #17: Oct 16, 2016 07:33:39 pm

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I love my Red Family, they never fail to warm the cockles of my heart  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

One big family Debs  :hug: :hug:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18: Oct 16, 2016 08:01:21 pm

Nobody like them Cas, the generosity is above and beyond any other fanbase.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #19: Oct 16, 2016 08:04:48 pm
      Nobody like them Cas, the generosity is above and beyond any other fanbase.

It's always been like that Debs, no one more generous than the Scousers  8)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #20: Oct 16, 2016 08:12:30 pm
      It's always been like that Debs, no one more generous than the Scousers  8)

I know Hun but it still dazzles me everytime it happens.  Gives me such a warm glow  ;D
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      Reply #21: Oct 16, 2016 11:07:48 pm
      Enjoy, Kate!

Booking.com sorted us out when we traveled over. I think we ended up staying at the Crowne Plaza next to the Royal Liver Building. Perfect location with Liverpool ONE down the road to the right and Anfield a short trip up the hill to the left. And it was right on the water so it was a brilliant spot. But any spot in the middle of the city is really convenient.

For train tickets, pre-book your tickets online and get a one-way stop from Euston to Lime St. Seemed a nightmare to have to sort out on the day as they were slow and busy the day we went which was a Saturday morning. Would hate to deal with that and potentially miss out on a train.

Cheers Crouchie, I'll do the on line booking as you say, kinda like to have things sorted beforehand.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      Reply #22: Oct 16, 2016 11:10:48 pm
      I'm not too sure Kate, I have to do in-law visits once a month down to the Midlands and it'll fall on that weekend but if that changes I'll try and nip over.

Regardless of that you'll have a lovely time with ar MsG, a hospitable and warning host she be.

Too bad mate, I'll be hoping for a change :)

As for having a great time with MsG, I have no doubt about it.

Quick Reply