Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Football Manager 2017

Read 13314 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Football Manager 2017
      Oct 18, 2016 06:13:21 pm
      It's here! BETA version is available for those who pre-ordered through Steam.

Bunch of new additions like the Brexit vote impacting work permits (i believe you get a random choice of four Brexit scenarios), transfers have been overhauled and things like ProZone have been updated.

Downloading now. Hope our lads like Lallana, Firmino and Mané have got upgrades.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Football Manager 2017
      Reply #1: Oct 18, 2016 07:38:47 pm
      Very much looking forward to this (as always), but will probably wait until next week because I'm too busy at the moment.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2: Oct 23, 2016 04:05:33 am
      Just sorted out my first save with Liverpool.

Ridiculous that Lallana has no upgrades and Mané stays the same :( Firmino, Lovren, Origi all got boosts and Sturridge's physicals dropped plenty.

Nice few additions of having sports scientists and data analysts in your staff.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3: Oct 25, 2016 01:49:45 pm
      Ok I got this. Started playing with Adelaide United in the A-League. Two wins in two games so far. It's impossible to sign anyone even half decent though, I'm basically going with what I have plus 2 loan signings from England.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #4: Oct 25, 2016 04:05:26 pm
      Started playing with Adelaide United in the A-League.

TRAITOR.

Top of the league after 16 or 17 games or something. It's the same gameplay which sucks. Problems that are still in the game have existed since 2008 or so like the dumb shots from almost the byline and the amount of injuries.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: Oct 25, 2016 04:09:31 pm
      TRAITOR.

Top of the league after 16 or 17 games or something. It's the same gameplay which sucks. Problems that are still in the game have existed since 2008 or so like the dumb shots from almost the byline and the amount of injuries.

Can always rely on them to improve the game :roll: :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6: Oct 25, 2016 10:50:12 pm
      Unsure whether to give this one a go after how disappointing the last one was. Didn't bother with it for long and was back playing the 2015 one.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #7: Nov 01, 2016 07:21:21 pm
      Liverpool apparently start with a budget of about £60M :-)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #8: Nov 06, 2016 02:13:45 pm
      It's the same game.

Same AI, same engine, same everything.

Few bells and whistles added and lost the rights to Spanish leagues. Only difference for me this far.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #9: Nov 06, 2016 09:22:50 pm
      It's the same game.

Few bells and whistles added and lost the rights to Spanish leagues. Only difference for me this far.

Yeah about my impression
      They add all this sh*t that no one is interested in and neglect the games biggest failings (the transfer market being my biggest bug bear with FM forever)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #10: Nov 06, 2016 09:49:38 pm
      It's the same game.

You can sort the Spanish league thing out no problem or atleast you normally can.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #11: Nov 06, 2016 11:13:10 pm
      They add all this sh*t that no one is interested in and neglect the games biggest failings (the transfer market being my biggest bug bear with FM forever)

I'd take FM07 features if they just fixed the AI and transfer market. It's so stupid. And they say they added thousands of improvements to the gameplay. Pffffft.

You can sort the Spanish league thing out no problem or atleast you normally can.

Already done and uploaded badges.

Was just mentioning the differences to last year. Really annoying they put so little effort in to actually improving it :(
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #12: Nov 11, 2016 01:39:49 pm
      3rd season in with Liverpool and i'm 7 clear with a game in hand in January.

Had back-to-back 5th's in the league :(

The only change in the game is players have more ways of getting pissed off. And they demand a new contract every F***ing month. I'm sorry Medhi Benatia but you're not going from £92k to £225k at 31 years old on a 3 year deal. Muppet.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #13: Feb 28, 2017 11:53:37 pm
      It's funny how the activity of this thread has died as the game has worse and worse over the years.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #14: Mar 01, 2017 07:27:22 am
      It's funny how the activity of this thread has died as the game has worse and worse over the years.

I know, it's lost the magic it once had
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #15: Apr 18, 2017 07:21:33 am
      After the third season with Dortmund, I have won the league. My philosophy is to play young good players and buy a world player every season.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16: Apr 18, 2017 09:41:28 am
      3rd season in with Liverpool and i'm 7 clear with a game in hand in January.

Had back-to-back 5th's in the league :(

The only change in the game is players have more ways of getting pissed off. And they demand a new contract every F***ing month. I'm sorry Medhi Benatia but you're not going from £92k to £225k at 31 years old on a 3 year deal. Muppet.

Same issues as '16 but on another level then?

One thing that does my head in is how players moan when they don't play, you promise them playing time (which you give them) but they go on to get ratings of 6.0, 6.1, 5.9, 6.4 so you drop them again and they go complaining to the rest of the squad which gets everybody on your back.

Do they still do the thing where the board reduces your transfer revenue % from 100% to 35% when the transfer window is coming up but then ups it again once you can't buy players? :D.
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2017 10:10:01 am by mcarz »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #17: Apr 18, 2017 10:18:22 am
      Same issues as '16 but on another level then?

One thing that does my head in is how players moan when they don't play, you promise them playing time (which you give them) but they go on to get ratings of 6.0, 6.1, 5.9, 6.4 so you drop them again and they go complaining to the rest of the squad which gets everybody on your back.

Do they still do the thing where the board reduces your transfer revenue % from 100% to 35% when the transfer window is coming up but then ups it again once you can't buy players? :D.

Same game but masked under a new skin.

Won the Europa League with Leeds, though. In 2021 with them and having fun with it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #18: Apr 18, 2017 11:01:34 am
      Same game but masked under a new skin.

Won the Europa League with Leeds, though. In 2021 with them and having fun with it.

Is Klopp an idiot on FM17 like he was on FM16? On my game he usually sells loads of players, doesn't replace them and then ends up with a net profit in the window of about £50m :D. They finish 8th or 9th and then he gets sacked.

I remember having a really good Leeds game on FM14 (I think?) when they were in League One. I got promoted to the Championship at the first time of asking via the play-offs. Then the club got bought, I got given £30m to get promoted to the Prem (which I did) and then got given £65m in my first season in the Prem :D.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #19: Apr 18, 2017 11:32:02 am
      Is Klopp an idiot on FM17 like he was on FM16? On my game he usually sells loads of players, doesn't replace them and then ends up with a net profit in the window of about £50m :D. They finish 8th or 9th and then he gets sacked.

I remember having a really good Leeds game on FM14 (I think?) when they were in League One. I got promoted to the Championship at the first time of asking via the play-offs. Then the club got bought, I got given £30m to get promoted to the Prem (which I did) and then got given £65m in my first season in the Prem :D.

He went to City on my save and got sacked. They always sign Dybala and finish outside the top four on my saves :D

This just happened to seal qualification from our CL group.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20: Apr 18, 2017 01:22:51 pm
      He went to City on my save and got sacked. They always sign Dybala and finish outside the top four on my saves :D

This just happened to seal qualification from our CL group.

I see so many of them goals on my current FM16 save, safe to say they haven't fixed that :D.

I was going to get FM17 but by the time it came to getting it I didn't see the point, the new one will be out in a few months. I was too focused on a save on 16 to buy the new one.

Is there still the issue of clubs selling players and buying them back a year later for nearly twice the price? Example: Arsenal paid £15m for Denayer from Man City, City then spent 25m on him a year later to get him back :lmao: He was sh*t btw.

Or where clubs spend an obscene amount of money on a player, don't play him for a year or two then sell him for £2? :D. Example: Man City paid £45m for Aubameyang, played him about 10 times in total over 2 years and then sold him for £12m.

Quick Reply