Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Brom?

Loris Karius
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (0.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (1.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (1.8%)
      Emre Can
      3 (2.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      11 (9.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      17 (14.9%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      60 (52.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      18 (15.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Oct 26, 2016 07:20:24 pm

Liverpool 2-1 West Bromwich Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18596 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 West Bromwich Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Oct 22, 2016 09:00:11 pm
      Or how about we don't get carried away like we did in 2013/2014 and just take it game by game?

But did you have a good time?

Exactly. Life is short.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #254: Oct 22, 2016 09:01:58 pm
      Made up with that I am..
      Lovely moves for the two goals and with a bit more luck we could've had a scutch more..
      Kept them in panic mode most of the match closing them down all over the pitch.
      Great commitment, again, from all 11 players on the pitch.
      Difficult to pull out a bad performance from anyone..

West Brom are an alehouse team and they played like one today.. kicking lumps out of us..

Our achilles heel is definitely defending at corners though.. especially against alehouse teams..

A couple more of those up next in Palace and Watford so need to work on that for sure.
      That aside things are looking good.

Joint top of the prem tonight..

Ace !

:aaliverpool2xt1:
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #255: Oct 22, 2016 09:02:10 pm
      Or how about we don't get carried away like we did in 2013/2014 and just take it game by game?

Or how about we just let people enjoy their Saturday evening after beating a manager we failed to beat in the past 8 games and being joint top of the league after the difficult start we had? :)
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,295 posts | 764 
      Reply #256: Oct 22, 2016 09:03:02 pm
      Never going to be an easy game against West Brom. I am pleased with the result, especially when I went for 2  1 in the Prediction League. Well played the Reds !
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #257: Oct 22, 2016 09:09:42 pm
      very happy with that. Totally deserved 3 points against a very tough opposition. Now to get wankered.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #258: Oct 22, 2016 09:09:43 pm
      I love the way we were top of the league when we had a better goal difference but are now joint top now that we haven't. :)
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #259: Oct 22, 2016 09:18:17 pm
      First time I've seen us in the flesh under Klopp and christ I'm impressed. So difficult to mark our attackers when they rotate and pop up in different positions. First half was a great example of the quick, incisive football we're getting used to.

Should have been out of sight well before the regular corner cockup. Had we conceded again we would have only had ourselves to blame for missing some good chances, but all things considered that was an excellent performance for 98% of the game.

My motm to Couts, was involved in most of our best moves in some way. Mane was dangerous throughout and wasn't far behind, nor was Lallana who it was a pleasure to watch. Chases every ball and was so good in possession.

Joint top, happy days onwards and upwards :scarf:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1492 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #260: Oct 22, 2016 09:27:30 pm
      I hear you and understand what you're saying, but here's the thing; I don't care.

I'm 48 years of age so I know all about false dawns and turning corner after corner after corner. But Klopp said he was going to turn us into believers and make us forget our problems for 90 minutes (I love the guy just for saying that).

I'm a believer, I'm going over the top, and it feels good :D

We've already scored 4 goals away to Arsenal, beaten Chelsea away and drawn with Spurs away, whilst Utd were more than happy to come to Anfield for a single point. Why? Because that's all they could get and they dare not open up against us because we'd have ripped them apart.

But more than that, we've just battered WBA 2-1. If that was a boxing match the ref would have stopped the fight in the first round. WBA are one of the best at using the park the bus tactics, but it looks like Klopp has sussed that out with pressing, quick counter-attacking and going around the bus (Clyne/Milner) rather than through it.

Believe!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #261: Oct 22, 2016 09:29:56 pm
      Saw most of the first half and looked like we'd run out with 3 or 4.  Got home an hr later, there was 3 mins left and it was 2-1. Not sure what happened in the 2nd half, but would've been 2 points thrown to draw that.
      Great to get the win, and the 3 points though :) Table is looking damn nice thanks very much.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #262: Oct 22, 2016 09:35:23 pm
      But did you have a good time?

Exactly. Life is short.

You don't win trophies for having a good time though :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #263: Oct 22, 2016 09:46:06 pm

Well F**k me if I'd known that I'd have stopped having a good time decades ago  :P

I only wanted one thing from this season and that was to enjoy watching us play again and thank F**k so far I have.  If we win something in the meantime then even better but I'm absolutely certain it'll happen sooner rather than later the way we're going.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #264: Oct 22, 2016 09:54:56 pm
      You know you are playing well when you are pissed off that you didn't win by 2 goals and take over top spot ;D

Scoreline didn't really flatter us though, we battered them almost relentlessly.

This Liverpool team is becoming special. Hats off to Klopp and to the players that are buying what he's selling.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #265: Oct 22, 2016 09:59:12 pm
      He doesn't mean in a coaching or playing role.

More like he's welcome back in a 'going round to your nan's for Sunday tea' way than anything else. Kind of sad that after a 2-1 victory and an excellent performance some in the media still feel compelled to live up to the cult of Gerrard

He is coming in as a goal keeping coach in place of John Atchenberg. I am sure Gerrard will do better than him. :)
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #266: Oct 22, 2016 10:09:17 pm
      Next time pullis parks his bus ,he should park it in a no score- zone,the tool tried it at Anfield and only great goalkeeping saved his team from a hammering,classless c**t he is,we played some great football,and if that match had ended in a draw it would have been a travesty.Onwards and upwards,but why the F**k can't we defend corners,so annoying,chuffed we got the win,but it should have been a lot easier than it was.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #267: Oct 22, 2016 10:21:54 pm

Or by taking it game by game as a supporter. Not sure what point you're trying to make.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #268: Oct 22, 2016 10:24:54 pm
      I said it before, and I will say it again.... We would have lost that game under previous management.

Quality work in parts.... Keeper kept them in it.

Can was better today, a lot, but is a lot slower in transition than Wijnaldum is. I figure he will lose his place again shortly. Great back up.

Coutinho, Firmino, Hendo and Can.... All very good games!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #269: Oct 22, 2016 10:27:43 pm
      I said it before, and I will say it again.... We would have lost that game under previous management.

Quality work in parts.... Keeper kept them in it.

Can was better today, a lot, but is a lot slower in transition than Wijnaldum is. I figure he will lose his place again shortly. Great back up.

Coutinho, Firmino, Hendo and Can.... All very good games!

Don't get excited though Karl. The fun police are about.

I've had a blast so far, anyway.

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/789940954455273476
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #270: Oct 22, 2016 10:29:35 pm
      3 points,that will do me.Just keep the 3 pointers coming REDS and I will be a very happy man. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #271: Oct 22, 2016 11:14:28 pm
      That first 80 minute was some of the best football I've seen, better than when we finished 2nd under Rodgers.

It was relentless and it was brutal. I'd hate to play against us right now because we never let up or give you a second to breathe. That is death by football.

Just hoping we can keep this tempo up all season because if we do it's going to be quite a ride.

Agree.

Every Word

+1
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #272: Oct 22, 2016 11:15:00 pm
      To our titles chances I wanna add we shouldn't forget an advantage that will come only next year when we do not have international duties, but the likes of ManU or City do, because over times those games more will take away some energy from our opponents.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #273: Oct 22, 2016 11:28:05 pm
      Well F**k me if I'd known that I'd have stopped having a good time decades ago  :P

I only wanted one thing from this season and that was to enjoy watching us play again and thank F**k so far I have.  If we win something in the meantime then even better but I'm absolutely certain it'll happen sooner rather than later the way we're going.

Or by taking it game by game as a supporter. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

It was more tongue in cheek, aimed at Arsenal with their 4th place trophies.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #274: Oct 23, 2016 12:57:50 am
      Well now ive got home after a horrendous ride to L4 and back its worth it though to watch the Klopp machine taking place , we may win the league we may not but we will have a good time watching the reds this season , a very good time .
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #275: Oct 23, 2016 12:59:52 am
      Honestly, I expected a more difficult game.  There is no easy game in the Prem, but Pulis sides are always a bi*ch to play against.  He is the king of setting up to take a point against the big clubs, and the fact that we basically made mince of them for 80 minutes is mighty impressive.  The final score should have been closers to 4 or 5 to their 1 -- which was a scrappy, half deserved goal at best. 

We are genuine title contenders this year, even if the media is reluctant to admit it.  Arsenal and City both have tricky runs coming up, so we've got a chance to grab 1st place by the pussy before Christmas!! 

*** Sorry, but I couldn't resist.  If you start to get offended, just remember they're just words.  #lockerroomtalk  #americanembarrassment 

Quick Reply