Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (0.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      10 (7.9%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (0.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (3.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      7 (5.6%)
      Kevin Stewart
      6 (4.8%)
      Ovie Ejaria
      0 (0%)
      Marko Grujić
      2 (1.6%)
      Divock Origi
      11 (8.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      82 (65.1%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Voting closed: Oct 29, 2016 09:40:30 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19544 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Tottenham
      Reply #368: Oct 25, 2016 09:47:17 pm
      Vorm has done well today, most of the shots have been at good heights for him though....however he has been pants for spurs for the majority of his games for them.

at times he had made mings look great
      Thats lack of games is all... He was great for Swansea
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #369: Oct 25, 2016 09:47:34 pm
      I'm happy with the result and it's what we deserve. But seriously f**k Moreno f**k him, f**k him, f**k him. That Harrison lad should have never been in a position to miscontrol that ball but while he had acres of space Moreno was f**king jogging on the halfway line instead of keeping his position. F**k him.

Class post that....jog on.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #370: Oct 25, 2016 09:47:50 pm
      Voted studge motm with Lucas a close second.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #371: Oct 25, 2016 09:48:02 pm
      I'm happy with the result and it's what we deserve. But seriously F**k Moreno F**k him, F**k him, F**k him. That Harrison lad should have never been in a position to miscontrol that ball but while he had acres of space Moreno was F***ing jogging on the halfway line instead of keeping his position. F**k him.

Saw that, thought the ref had blown up or he had a wave for substitution, completely aimless.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #372: Oct 25, 2016 09:48:27 pm
      Studge has got the venom back motm for me.

He was class as was Lucas but for youthful inexperience to command the midfield as he did Stewart for me
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #373: Oct 25, 2016 09:49:53 pm
      Put an end to their 8 game unbeaten run.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #374: Oct 25, 2016 09:50:20 pm
      I thought Origi was amazing tonight, ball control and all sorts of tricks, but not just for show, they set up a few very good chances!
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #375: Oct 25, 2016 09:52:21 pm
      I'm happy with the result and it's what we deserve. But seriously f**k Moreno f**k him, f**k him, f**k him. That Harrison lad should have never been in a position to miscontrol that ball but while he had acres of space Moreno was f**king jogging on the halfway line instead of keeping his position. F**k him.

Actually thought Moreno did fine tonight, but carry on scapegoating him if you must. Last I heard, he was still a Liverpool player and so deserves our support! Is that not what we are meant to do, as supporters!

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #376: Oct 25, 2016 09:53:00 pm
      He was class as was Lucas but for youthful inexperience to command the midfield as he did Stewart for me

I've given Lucas MOTM ...... hes been around a while but never fails to deliver.

The boy Alexander-Arnold did well.

I've never criticised Lawro but when he said  that " Spurs won't be bothered because they have the CL and the League " he did put his foot in his mouth.

Is he saying that Spurs weren't bothered ?
      First defeat in how long for them ?
      FFS. Course they were bothered.

Lawro is degrading the League Cup .... something we know something about .
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #377: Oct 25, 2016 09:53:15 pm
      Sturridge and Origi led the line very well, tonight.

I thought Wijnaldum was excellent, too.

Moreno was once again hopeless.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #378: Oct 25, 2016 09:53:53 pm
      That scoreline so flattered Spurs could easily have scored 6.

That was an excellent second half after the really flat first 45 and the reason was our midfield with our youngsters all playing within themselves but in the second half they all started to express themselves and Spuds couldn't live with us going forward.

TAA, Ejaria, Grujic and Stewart all played really well no one letting themselves down.

Although Moreno disappeared a couple if times overall he was solid and an improvement from the last.

Even though it was a bit soft I thought it was a penno with Lucas kicking Lamela at least twice, but that's Lucas for you, loves a foul...

Origi and Sturridge were the two standouts for me, with young Divock scaring the sh*t out of their defence when he ran at them and Sturridge showing he still has it when it comes to hitting the back of the net.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #379: Oct 25, 2016 09:54:53 pm
      Cracking performance that in my opinion.

Migs: Best performance I've seen from him in a very long time. A few occasions he could have been forgiven for spilling a shot or a cross and he didn't, good hands tonight, well played. 7.5/10

Moreno: Relentless as ever, thought he seemed in position more than usual for him and overall shut down Trippier quite well even if he did pick up a rather soft yellow. 7/10

Klavan: Thought his passing was weak but other than that did well tonight and is a solid deputy to have. 7/10

Lucas: No way was that a penalty, soft as sh*t that decision. Disappointed for him because I thought he was our best defender on the night and right in there for MotM. 8/10

TAA: Good performance by the young lad, a couple of occasions bursting clear on the right and you can see huge potential in him. Can't wait to see him again in a red shirt, well played. 7/10

Grujic: Struggled a little at times and was probably our weakest midfielder on display. 6.5/10

Stewart: A couple of dodgy passes but overall I thought he played very well indeed. Marshalled their attacks well and has a nice instinct to go forward rather than sidewards with the first pass, good performance that. 7/10

Wijnaldum: Good to have him on the pitch because he does keep things ticking very well. Again coming close to scoring and that first goal for him isn't far away at all. Love his composure and he's surprisingly quick given the languid style of running he has. 7.5/10

Ejaria: Very good close control on occasion, can see he has got an awful lot of talent but tried to force things a little too often. When he learns to relax he'll offer much more. 6.5/10

Origi: Did very well on the night and could hear the fans singing his name loud and proud. Set Studge up for a couple of beautiful chances that really should have been buried and produced the shot of the night late into the second half that really did sting the hands of Vorm (who was contender for MotM). Electric pace and overall I thought this was his best display in a long time, well in Divock 7.5/10

Studge: I didn't think he had as good a half as the commentary team said in the first but was much better in the second, sure he missed a couple of chances but you could see he was the difference in the sides and is clearly ahead of this level to be fair to him. MotM and while I didn't see him sprint again (They played a poor offside more than it was his pace to see him clear on his second) he was the quality that saw us through and deserves the MotM vote. 8/10

Ings: Could clearly see he was trying that bit too hard, was beating himself up at the chance he missed and the yellow card for his first challenge was just poor referring, no malice, no danger to the opponent, just a slightly late challenge. Keep your chin up Ings lad, the chances will come again but sadly this one passed him by. 6/10

Clyne: Did well when coming on and shut down anything on this side that could potentially be a threat. 6/10

Can: While he was only on a very short time it was a very reassured few minutes, professional and helped see out the game very well indeed.

Jürgen: Some thought it was too many changes, maybe even a bit disrespectful to the competition but the quality on display went against that in my opinion. While they are a few levels below being ready, when judged in the context of what was against them we were the better team on the night and got the job done very well indeed. Could have been 4 or 5-1 and in truth I thought it should have been to nil as that pen was soft as can be. He'll be very pleased with what he's seen, I've little doubt about that and will be very happy we've managed to rest so many. Onwards to the quarter-finals we go, should be an interesting draw. 7.5/10

Well in Redmen!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #380: Oct 25, 2016 09:55:35 pm
      But you expect to lose the ball in those situations, I'd just like to see the rest of them remember that we're in the final minute of the game and perhaps stay goal side! It didn't make Any difference but we could have been playing extra time if they'd been more composed on the break

Why would you expect to lose the ball?

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #381: Oct 25, 2016 09:55:44 pm
      Sturridge and Origi led the line very well, tonight.

I thought Wijnaldum was excellent, too.

Moreno was once again hopeless.

Geez Crouchie I know you don't care for him but he was far from hopeless tonight...1st match in a long time and he did OK.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #382: Oct 25, 2016 09:55:50 pm

Talk about being dramatic.

F***ing weapon.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #383: Oct 25, 2016 09:56:10 pm
      Liverpool fans on 5 live saying we should off load studge.
      Alledged fans should I say.
      Missed a few tonight but gotta be the best, most talented back up striker in the league. What are they thinking.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #384: Oct 25, 2016 09:57:56 pm
      Liverpool fans on 5 live saying we should off load studge.
      Alledged fans should I say.
      Missed a few tonight but gotta be the best, most talented back up striker in the league. What are they thinking.

Idiots
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #385: Oct 25, 2016 09:58:35 pm
      I've given Lucas MOTM ...... hes been around a while but never fails to deliver.

The boy Alexander-Arnold did well.

I've never criticised Lawro but when he said  that " Spurs won't be bothered because they have the CL and the League " he did put his foot in his mouth.

Is he saying that Spurs weren't bothered ?
      First defeat in how long for them ?
      FFS. Course they were bothered.

Lawro is degrading the League Cup .... something we know something about .

Lawro is degrading himself with his ignorance.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #386: Oct 25, 2016 09:59:45 pm
      Geez Crouchie I know you don't care for him but he was far from hopeless tonight...1st match in a long time and he did OK.

Made two errors in one play on Lamela in the box late on. Missed the tackle and then held his man back. Wasn't a pen but it was dumb defending that could've cost us.

And the chance for their winger in the box where he was all alone was because Moreno was 40 yards up the pitch strolling.

He's a defender. He can't defend. And for all his attacking, he delivered F**k all.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #387: Oct 25, 2016 09:59:46 pm
      There is great potential in the 2nd stringers and I'm sure Klopp will develop them further to be great players. Hope Klopp gives these players more opportunities in first team games to allow them to develop.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 673 posts | 87 
      Reply #388: Oct 25, 2016 10:01:35 pm
      Sturridge still quality given the opportunity

Ejario is a better player than Pogba pound for pound, age for age
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #389: Oct 25, 2016 10:04:36 pm
      1. Mignolet looks better than Karius. Loris should play in the League Cup to get more experience while Mignolet plays in the PL...at least for now!
      2. Sturridge's second goal shows why he's not a class act: No good striker goes for a between-the-legs ball if you have both upper corners wide open. Not if you are a quality striker. I would have done it like Daniel, but I always panick when in front of the goalie alone and then I just shoot the ball towards the goal and hope :). Also Souness said Daniel will never be starting striker in Liverpool because he's to lazy to run more actively?!?! (Did I get this right?)
      3. All the lads played well overall, good to know we have not to fear injuries.

Now, let's get 3 points vs. CP and I am happy.

p.s. This League Cup is a waster and disgrace when the best teams show how low they think of this Cup by playing their reserves. Rather make it 21 or 22 teams in the PL...or even better introduce Playoffs.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #390: Oct 25, 2016 10:05:54 pm
      There is great potential in the 2nd stringers and I'm sure Klopp will develop them further to be great players. Hope Klopp gives these players more opportunities in first team games to allow them to develop.

Thats the idea I'm sure .

Quick Reply