Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Loris Karius
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.7%)
      Joel Matip
      5 (3.4%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (2.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      9 (6.2%)
      Emre Can
      4 (2.8%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (1.4%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      111 (76.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      8 (5.5%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (0.7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Voting closed: Nov 02, 2016 06:32:46 pm

Crystal Palace 2-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 33586 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Re: Crystal Palace 2-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Oct 30, 2016 01:45:05 am
      Really? An assist and you'd accept if someone gave him a 5?

Come off it.

Okay, lets be fair - that's a 5 focusing on his defensive work. His attacking work is an 8, but Milner wouldn't made it quite that easy for them today.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #507: Oct 30, 2016 01:54:59 am
      You do know 10/10 means cannot do better right?

Look I don't want to argue after what I thought was a good performance. 10/10 is obviously hyperbole considering you claim his team selection and tactics were faultless yet half the team he picked was performing average. Come on, don't post silly stuff.

The only thing anyone could suggest Klopp should have done differently would have been to start Gini instead of Can.  However, Wijnaldum is only just back from injury and played 90 minutes in midweek.  In my opinion, Jürgen made the right decision to rest him (we need him fit for the rest of our title charge) and it paid off as Emre scored the opener and we took all 3 points. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Reply #508: Oct 30, 2016 03:14:47 am
      Great job getting 3 points. Thought overall we played well considering how difficult Selhurst can be.

Shout out to Moreno for filling in well for Millie.

Keep it rolling boys!!!
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #509: Oct 30, 2016 05:08:02 am
      I think Cans problem is he thinks he has to run with the ball whenever he gets it. Gets closed down due to his lack of pace and has to hurry his passes. Pass and move, pass and move, not run 30 yards then look around to see what is available!!!

Agreed.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #510: Oct 30, 2016 05:32:51 am
      I think Cans problem is he thinks he has to run with the ball whenever he gets it. Gets closed down due to his lack of pace and has to hurry his passes. Pass and move, pass and move, not run 30 yards then look around to see what is available!!!

He's a defensive mid, for me. He's very good when he has a bit more time and space and can sit between the lines and link everything together.

I think he reads the game much better defensively than Hendo, too.

Hendo can also affect the game much more than Emre in the opposition half, IMO.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #511: Oct 30, 2016 06:30:41 am
      I can only say 6 at best for Moreno. And that's pushing it.

I'm not one to absolutely lambast him, and I've said here previously that I think there is a better player in there, but it was clear that Palace saw him as a major weakness as they were bombing forward down that left hand side like nobody's business.

Spot on.

He wasn't terrible and he could have had a goal but he was definitely the player Palace were exploiting.

Clyne and Matip are terrific defenders. With Lovren and Moreno together on the left then it's by far the weaker side.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #512: Oct 30, 2016 06:42:04 am
      Okay, lets be fair - that's a 5 focusing on his defensive work. His attacking work is an 8, but Milner wouldn't made it quite that easy for them today.

Fair enough mate, I'd agree with that
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #513: Oct 30, 2016 07:55:44 am
      Good win breathtaking stuff in attack in particular the first half. Lovren at fault for both goals he had a poor game yet again with Moreno as his left back those two should not be anywhere near the same line up.

Keep it going Juergen and the boys!!
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 624 posts | 59 
      Reply #514: Oct 30, 2016 08:00:14 am
      Really enjoyed watching that match,this Liverpool side is full of goals,even at 2-2,i knew we would win,and it could/should have been a lot more than 4 goals.We are still leaking goals,Lovren made a mistake,and rectified it a few minutes later,their 2nd goal was a good header but Moreno could have done a bit more to stop the cross coming in,to easy,Went for Coutinho motm as he ran the show,world class performance from him.
      rossyred

• 9,226 posts | 1650 
      Reply #515: Oct 30, 2016 09:53:47 am
      Its so refreshing now that you seem to feel we can still win or find another gear. At 2-2 normally would think they would go on and win or we may get a draw now never feel like that . Brilliant work from all concerned game by game keep going
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #516: Oct 30, 2016 10:05:50 am
      Roller coaster or what, brilliant, exciting,rapid ,soft goal , redemption,then a midget gets the nod before him, 4 away from home, football at its very best , as an ongoing project is f***in awesome to watch edge off the seat stuff,  Hendo to Bob dink had us screaming like a banshee`s, so simple .

:aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6::aaliverpool2xt1:

Every centre half has sliced one the keeper if he lifts his hands saves it ,his redemption well taken goal, next time you look at it watch Bobs he`s 2 yards away from Dejan running in the guys got him round the throat dragging him to the ground ,the referee cant possibly say he missed it as Lovern scores, the ref does nothing having said they had a good shout for one so hey sod it we got away with one that doesnt happen to often.

How good was Phil masterclass in running the show,  Hendo and the rest of the team just oozed at times , Moreno gets it tight here every time he pulls a Liverbird over his head Ive had a pop or 2 ,I thought he did well yesterday that Saha`s a tricky f**ker so well done to him ,lastly our fans they should take a sweetie of the shelf thought they were brilliant especially when your up against that pr**k or prickette  wi the drum , and The Reds keep marching on, its a hard place to go , sure is but everyone knows it was  4 going on 8 or 9 get those goals and its ours I tell ye, keep it going lads and keep listening  to the big fella  :)

YNWA
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #517: Oct 30, 2016 10:13:46 am
      I think he had 10-15 minute spell when he looked clueless and off the pace but his form is improving with every game... he will get up to pace soon.

Edit: I am not the one who voted for him.

Was just saying my vote was an accident, he wasn't terrible imo but I'd still have voted Couts without my cat. ;)

(twas a real story)
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #518: Oct 30, 2016 11:00:56 am
      Another good win - always good to beat them especially with Pardew in charge.  I just feel now that we are more resilient and while we don't always finish games off as early as we should, we are getting much harder to beat or get something taken off us.

Not many teams could leave Studge out and score so many goals.  We do seem to have more competition for places all over the pitch.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #519: Oct 30, 2016 11:08:51 am
      Another exciting game, another 3 points towards the title; I F***ing love it!  8)
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #520: Oct 30, 2016 12:27:18 pm
      Does somebody think Karius acted weird in the first goal we got? When Lovren did his mistake, he came forward - which is right - but then put his arms on the side while it was obvious that the ball would have been played with the head by McArthur. If Karius would have came forward and put his arms in the air the goal wouldn't have scored, in my opinion.

Anyway, good performance overall. And we needed it since it seems City gets into another roll.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #521: Oct 30, 2016 12:39:15 pm
      Job Done lads  .   Brilliant.
      Tadders

• 6,699 posts | 565 
      Reply #522: Oct 30, 2016 12:39:43 pm
      Only negative for me is karius - mignolet is better than him - not ideal is it
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #523: Oct 30, 2016 12:54:02 pm
      Couple of things that differentiate this season from the 2013/14 season for me is, we are no longer realiant on one or two players and even though our defense could be better I still fell we have every game under control. 

I never felt that in that season, it was all very hectic, like an out of control juggernaut but one where the wheels could fall off at any moment.

I prefer this season  ;D
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,190 posts | 1205 
      Reply #524: Oct 30, 2016 01:02:43 pm
      Couple of things that differentiate this season from the 2013/14 season for me is, we are no longer realiant on one or two players and even though our defense could be better I still fell we have every game under control. 

I never felt that in that season, it was all very hectic, like an out of control juggernaut but one where the wheels could fall off at any moment.

I prefer this season  ;D

Can we win the league with a possibly dodgy keeper?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #525: Oct 30, 2016 01:25:22 pm
      Only negative for me is karius - mignolet is better than him - not ideal is it

Mignolet is not better than him. For starters, Karius's starting position in general is much higher that doesn't make our defence feel compelled to drop deeper this inviting more attempts on our goal.

Don't think he was at blame for the first goal yesterday despite people's eagerness to blame him. Came and claimed a few high balls, made a standard but crucial save against Benteke in the second half (remember the amount of times Mignolet got beat at the near post? If that was Simon yesterday, Benteke scores in my opinion).

The unjustified hysteria surrounding him after last nights match was taking the piss. In fact the hysteria surround him since he was given the number one position is taking the piss. Far from perfect but in no way the disaster some are making it out to be.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #526: Oct 30, 2016 01:29:24 pm
      Does somebody think Karius acted weird in the first goal we got? When Lovren did his mistake, he came forward - which is right - but then put his arms on the side while it was obvious that the ball would have been played with the head by McArthur. If Karius would have came forward and put his arms in the air the goal wouldn't have scored, in my opinion.

Anyway, good performance overall. And we needed it since it seems City gets into another roll.

Yes I agree.

I thought he could have done a lot more he had enough time to react better.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #527: Oct 30, 2016 01:34:38 pm
      Can we win the league with a possibly dodgy keeper?

If we keep picking up 3 points, of course we can.
      DanMann

• 5,694 posts | 880 
      Reply #528: Oct 30, 2016 02:49:48 pm
      Why would you want to bring on Daniel in the final stages of a match when you are up by 2 and want to close it out...Origi was 100% the right call as was leaving Bobby on.

Because Danny badly needs Premier League game time, and he's a massive threat.

How did Origi help close the game out? Sturridge is always ahead of Origi, and there is more likelihood of him adding a 5th.

Quick Reply