Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Sunderland?

Loris Karius
      7 (6.1%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      8 (7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (3.5%)
      James Milner
      12 (10.4%)
      Emre Can
      4 (3.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      15 (13%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (2.6%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      10 (8.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (1.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      50 (43.5%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Voting closed: Nov 30, 2016 04:54:54 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Sunderland: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31342 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6714 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Sunderland: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Nov 26, 2016 11:27:30 pm
      F**k you Sunderland and F**k you Moyes.

I bet you that you don't go to Citeh, Chavs, Arsenal or Trafford and play like that you unambitious c**t.

Sucked in, you came away with nothing Moyes, as usual. Hope you cu*ts get relegated.

Onto us....was very frustrating but we knew it was coming, we just hoped it would get in the back of the net and then Origi obliged with a ripper and Milny finished it off as he does from the penalty spot.

Well done lads, a nice win in the end against a Team I have no respect for. Onwards and Upwards.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #392: Nov 26, 2016 11:28:38 pm
      Back to the bottom of the league where you belong you pack of cu*ts
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #393: Nov 26, 2016 11:38:03 pm
      boom,boom,boom

3 points in the bag

the rest not important

just keep on winning

:aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :action-smiley-035:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,346 posts | 1621 
      Reply #394: Nov 27, 2016 04:20:13 am
      Hesitant my backside, he dealt with Watmore comfortably. Didn't see the goal kick thing though because it was off camera.

Fair play that wss real sh*te
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,346 posts | 1621 
      Reply #395: Nov 27, 2016 04:23:44 am
      Thank f**k for that!

Found Klopp much more entertaining than the game today.

We eventually grounded that one out, after Klopp went ballistic at the Anfield crowd.  :D

Fck off politely  what is it rip off the crowd day  ??
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #396: Nov 27, 2016 04:33:28 am
      Fck off politely  what is it rip off the crowd day  ??

Better ask Klopp!

After he did his bit, Anfield woke up!
      « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2016 05:18:10 am by Beerbelly »
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #397: Nov 27, 2016 04:43:15 am
      Just caught the interviews on SSN.. The mug thinks a 2-0 defeat was a good result. Small man, small team mentality.

Managing Everton causes that type of brain damage to all managers.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #398: Nov 27, 2016 07:38:36 am
      boom,boom,boom

3 points in the bag

the rest not important

just keep on winning

:aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :action-smiley-035:

Spot on,3 points is indeed important.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,928 posts | 4990 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #399: Nov 27, 2016 09:14:24 am
      Got there in the end, very deserved 3pts and we're still on course,
      It matters not a f***in jot what or how teams play against us, we have to beat them any which way,
      Moyes parked his double decker and lost,  Hull parked their double decker and lost, Maureen parked his single decker got a point,  Watford came to the party and got butt fu**ed,
      Up and down the land clubs will do what ever to get points from us, it's all part of the fun,

Look,  the bus parkers like Sunderland, Hull,  there are others are in survival mode it's negative it's boring it's sh*te it's the way it is, if not them it will be somebody else, WBA, Stoke,  Swans,  Boro, Scumchester, to a lesser extent,
      We have to break them down,  and we're learning, we're getting better at it,  yesterday was particularly frustrating cos we lost the creativity,  no Lallana, Cou going off, Mane off the boil,  no Studge,  Divock rusty, impatient day trippers who can't f***in sing,  all contributed to the frustration, 

But F**k it,  we won we are in the mix and we ain't leaving the party,  we will have other days like yesterday no doubt,  we just need to keep collecting the points,  cos points make prizes and there's a big f**ker heading our way!!

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #400: Nov 27, 2016 09:29:57 am
      Coutinho definitely grabs his foot and not his ankle when he goes down.

Broken metatarsal may be our better hope here.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #401: Nov 27, 2016 10:57:33 am
      I eventually got to watch motd, but pretty poor coverage to be fair. From what I saw I gave motm to Origi, more for the breakthrough than anything else.  (clearly not a lot to see on motd) Though we seemed to struggle to break them down, the fact is, we did ! and these are the games where we have to win ugly. (how many times has that been repeated) There will be sides who face the same tactics and come away with a 0-0 against the bottom sides so think of it as a plus 2 points game for us. Moyes is one of those managers who have little faith in his own players, the players he buys in some instances, so doesn't allow them to play real footy. With that mentality they are lost, and rightly so, but some silly fuckers will give him another job further down the line, to impose his mediocrity on, once again. Sad b***ard that he is.
      We, on the other hand, are on the march. Kick us off the field if you can, we'll have someone else to come in and do the business for us.
      I'm thinking Lallana will be back next week, Couts may be, if they both miss the mid week game,and Studge as well.
      Any one think it was a strain with Studge, or is there something more sinister going on there ?
      Scottbot

• 9,600 posts | 2156 
      Reply #402: Nov 27, 2016 11:29:07 am
      What's with al the bitterness in this thread, so what if they parked the bus, it's a compliment and we better get used to it because every bugger we play is doing it! Good win, patient display from the lads who simply kept on probing for the opening and a superb piece of skill from Origi to finally open them up (he scored another one just like earlier in the season if I remember rightly or it might have been against in the League Cup last year?).

So so happy with the start we have made to the season!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,490 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #403: Nov 27, 2016 12:13:52 pm
      I prefer what Klopp said, something like, teams don't adopt a park the bus strategy against us, we force them to defend due to our incessant press.

Didn't see the game, how did we do in getting those three points?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #404: Nov 27, 2016 12:21:05 pm
      Milner has now gone 45 games without losing in a game in which he has scored. 37 wins & 8 draws.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #405: Nov 27, 2016 12:49:37 pm
      I prefer what Klopp said, something like, teams don't adopt a park the bus strategy against us, we force them to defend due to our incessant press.

Didn't see the game, how did we do in getting those three points?

We did okay.

It's always going to be tough when teams come to spoil. First half, we were poor I thought, laboured, lacked intensity and ideas. It was though the crowd had read the cricket score predictions on here and sat back expecting a glut. As the game went on, Couts going off I thought it was shaping up to be one of those days.

We upped the pace in the second half yet we still lacked ideas with regards to breaking them down. Everything was being played in front of them, it wasn't pretty and Sunderland, like Manure and those before them ensured this was going to be ugly. Thankfully, a moment of brilliance which so many of these types of games will need over the course of the season was seized upon by Origi. We couldn't really work the phases of play, and I think Clyne and Milner really need to offer more in these games from wider positions.

It wasn't easy, it wasn't pretty, it was a hard fought win and I can see many teams this season trying to thwart our quick, intense, slick play just as Southampton and Sunderland did. It's up to us, to break these buses down and that often can rely on the brilliance of one individual.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #406: Nov 27, 2016 12:59:29 pm
      We've only had 4 home league games at 3pm on Saturday afternoons this year. This was the first one and the last one, and it was the second one for me to be at this year, and a chance to check out the Upper Main Stand. Escalators, lifts, and stairs, it's a long way from sitting at ground level against Watford in Block KG and been unable to see a thing past the halfway line, 10 years ago.

The performance was poor. Too slow, lack of urgency, few chances, and rare openings. Too many players seemed to play as if it was a kick about in the park. Which it should have been, at home to a side deep in the relegation zone. Let's face it, they were well drilled and well disciplined in defence, but away from their own box, they showed why they are where they are. They parked the box as Moyes said he would, but we expected that and struggled to deal with it, until Origi created something from nothing, forcing them to come out and play, allowing Mane to pick them off on the break. It was his most productive intervention all day, otherwise he was more Benteke than Bolt. Can was poor, and as for Hendo, well he was up to his usual tricks against Sunderland. Giving the ball away, chipping it out of play from 30 yards, when he wasn't doing that, he was chipping it to their keeper instead, winning free headers on the halfway line and llosing possession, and blasting free kicks outside the box into Row Z. He may be our weakest captain since Mark Wright, but there's no place at all for him in this team (let alone the captaincy) against specifically Sunderland. 5 years on and it's groundhog day every time he faces them. He's just not up to it.

The game was a long hard slog, but a win is a win, so I got what I came for, and it's still 30 years since I last saw us lose at home. More importantly, it is another clean sheet, we're ahead of City on goal difference again, and we're 12 points clear of the mancs. Hopefully things will get even better than that, by the time I'm back again.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #407: Nov 27, 2016 02:22:33 pm
      Any news on Couts ?
      From Klopp reaction I'm hoping it's nothing serious !
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #408: Nov 27, 2016 03:03:06 pm
      Any news on Couts ?
      From Klopp reaction I'm hoping it's nothing serious !

Possible ankle ligament damage but they won't know till his scan tomorrow.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #409: Nov 27, 2016 05:59:15 pm
      Highlight of yesterday was meeting with some amazing people before and after the game. Was made up the reds got the win for you Kate! Told ya 2-0 ;) haha

How many back heels did Lovren do yesterday by the way? Thought he was great yesterday.

As much as the loss of little Phil was a downer, bringing on Origi was a big plus for me and he came up with the goods. A player who can potentially cause all sorts of open space for other attacking players for us.

As for the crowd, that was Moyes' intention. Bore our players and our supporters to misery. Klopp saw right through that and that's exactly why he started gesturing to the Main Stand.

Still in love with those three points yesterday.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,346 posts | 1621 
      Reply #410: Nov 27, 2016 06:06:34 pm
      Highlight of yesterday was meeting with some amazing people before and after the game. Was made up the reds got the win for you Kate! Told ya 2-0 ;) haha

How many back heels did Lovren do yesterday by the way? Thought he was great yesterday.

As much as the loss of little Phil was a downer, bringing on Origi was a big plus for me and he came up with the goods. A player who can potentially cause all sorts of open space for other attacking players for us.

As for the crowd, that was Moyes' intention. Bore our players and our supporters to misery. Klopp saw right through that and that's exactly why he started gesturing to the Main Stand.

Still in love with those three points yesterday.

Great to see you yesterday Kenny what was the noise like down your end ? From high up in the main stand anny road end it was pretty noisy , thats why a lot of the comments surprised me , can understand the anxiety as the game seemed to be heading for the bore draw moysie wanted , said to my mate it will be the biggest 0 0 battering  ive seen for a long time .
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #411: Nov 27, 2016 06:16:38 pm
      Great to see you yesterday Kenny what was the noise like down your end ? From high up in the main stand anny road end it was pretty noisy , thats why a lot of the comments surprised me , can understand the anxiety as the game seemed to be heading for the bore draw moysie wanted , said to my mate it will be the biggest 0 0 battering  ive seen for a long time .

It was the usual first ten minute wall of noise in the Kop mate and then things started to get a bit edgy because our final ball wasn't up to much. It wasn't quiet for long periods of time though, so was surprised to see so much negativity about the atmosphere. There was a few very good renditions of Poor Scouser Tommy like. The second half gradually got a lot better in terms of encouragement and songs being belted out from where I was. And once Klopp started roaring at the Main Stand, more of the ground started joining in.

Great to see you again Andy. Boss man mate
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,346 posts | 1621 
      Reply #412: Nov 27, 2016 06:41:11 pm
      It was the usual first ten minute wall of noise in the Kop mate and then things started to get a bit edgy because our final ball wasn't up to much. It wasn't quiet for long periods of time though, so was surprised to see so much negativity about the atmosphere. There was a few very good renditions of Poor Scouser Tommy like. The second half gradually got a lot better in terms of encouragement and songs being belted out from where I was. And once Klopp started roaring at the Main Stand, more of the ground started joining in.

Great to see you again Andy. Boss man mate

Cheers mate I thought similar to you and then I came on here and saw comments along the lines of the fans were sh*t and the fans were embarrassing , and I thought I must have gone to a different game , anyways thats another three in the bag so its onwards we march to the next one, all the best to you and family for christmas .
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #413: Nov 27, 2016 06:49:17 pm

Balls! seen them go wrong before.....

Quick Reply