Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Plane carrying Brazilian football team, Chapecoense, crashes in Colombia

Read 13830 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Plane carrying Brazilian football team, Chapecoense, crashes in Colombia
      Nov 29, 2016 07:33:08 am
      Six reported survivors.

So sad, this.

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/803496788019781632

Edit - Must also point out that I think that's a very misleading headline by the BBC.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Plane carrying Brazilian football team, Chapecoense, crashes in Colombia
      Reply #1: Nov 29, 2016 09:35:09 am
      This is so terribly sad. Apparently the police has confirmed only 5 survivors, which would mean about 76 dead. Tragic. Very saddened with those news. Chape were on the way to make history, their best season ever. My heart goes out to the families of all the players and other individuals who were on the plane, and also to all Chapecoense fans. #ForçaChape
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2: Nov 29, 2016 10:01:29 am
      This is so terribly sad. Apparently the police has confirmed only 5 survivors, which would mean about 76 dead. Tragic. Very saddened with those news. Chape were on the way to make history, their best season ever. My heart goes out to the families of all the players and other individuals who were on the plane, and also to all Chapecoense fans. #ForçaChape

Just reading up on Chapecoense, tragic events, thoughts & prayers with the families of lost ones & survivors...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3: Nov 29, 2016 10:29:23 am
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #4: Nov 29, 2016 10:31:04 am
      I'm at class but can't pay attention. I constantly feel like crying. A former Flamengo manager and a few former Flamengo players among the victims - not that it matters who they ever played for, but it hits home with much greater strength just how tragic it is. May they rest in peace.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #5: Nov 29, 2016 10:44:30 am
      Very sad,  thoughts with the families. RIP
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #6: Nov 29, 2016 12:06:06 pm
      What a tragedy, RIP.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #7: Nov 29, 2016 12:49:53 pm
      Forca chape ... so sad this it's really heartbreaking stuff.

RIP YNWA.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #8: Nov 29, 2016 12:55:13 pm
      RIP

YNWA
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #9: Nov 29, 2016 01:05:11 pm
      I'm at class but can't pay attention. I constantly feel like crying. A former Flamengo manager and a few former Flamengo players among the victims - not that it matters who they ever played for, but it hits home with much greater strength just how tragic it is. May they rest in peace.

Big love buddy.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #10: Nov 29, 2016 01:27:48 pm
      Apparently Atletico Nacional have asked Conmebol to award the title to Chapecoense.

Not sure if it's true at this point but it would be a class gesture from them.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #11: Nov 29, 2016 02:36:33 pm
      Tragic story that I've just read. So sad before such a big moment in the club's history.

RIP.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #12: Nov 29, 2016 03:13:44 pm
      YNWA and RIP Chape
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #13: Nov 29, 2016 04:50:08 pm
      Atletico Nacional have officially requested the title to be awarded to Chapecoense, as a tribute to those who passed away on the accident. Furthermore, their players asked the prize money to be given to the families of the victims.

I am speechless at this beautiful attitude. Well done Atletico, the greatest club in South America this year, in every sense.

http://www.atlnacional.com.co/ultimas-noticias/campeon-de-la-sudamericana-015298
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #14: Nov 29, 2016 05:28:47 pm
      Absolutely heartbreaking - what a total bi*ch 2016 has been and there's still over a month to go  :mad:

RIP to all those who lost their lives and thoughts are with their families and friends.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #15: Nov 29, 2016 06:19:29 pm
      Absolutely shocking and tragic news
      Sad sad loss.
      R.I.P
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #16: Nov 29, 2016 06:44:25 pm
      Horrible tragedy.  You can't even imagine the thoughts of the 2 players who survived.  From the excitement of heading to the final to the devastation of this. 
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #17: Nov 29, 2016 06:57:53 pm
      Horrible Horrible news, as someone who knows what its like to have a loved one die in an air crash. Such sad news ahead of kick off!
      Thoughts and prayers to their family and loved ones.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #18: Nov 29, 2016 07:11:25 pm
      Awful awful news. Though to comprehend such a tragedy. Thoughts and prayers with all their families friends, Chapecoense and indeed the whole of Brazilian football tonight.

Rest in peace.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #19: Nov 29, 2016 07:26:34 pm
      Thoughts with the friends and families of all those lost, a terrible tragedy and the sight of that poor young fan sat alone in the stadium is a terribly haunting one.

R.I.P.
      Kopite78
      Reply #20: Nov 29, 2016 07:27:57 pm
      Horrible tragedy.  You can't even imagine the thoughts of the 2 players who survived.  From the excitement of heading to the final to the devastation of this.

Absolutely, just read that the managers son was meant to be on the plane as well but turned up at the airport and had forgotten his passport... 

Life is very brittle, thought's with all those left behind with the grief. Such a tragedy
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21: Nov 29, 2016 11:06:12 pm
      RIP to those who lost their lives and condolences to the loved ones left behind.

Ronaldo has donated €3m to the team and the families of those who lost their lives. Incredibly nice gesture!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #22: Nov 30, 2016 02:30:24 am
      https://twitter.com/showdastorcidas/status/803774053941186560/

Atletico Nacional fans singing something to the lines of "Let them hear it in all of the continent, we'll always remember the champions Chapecoense"
      « Last Edit: Nov 30, 2016 12:47:19 pm by JD »

Quick Reply