Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leeds?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (2%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      20 (20%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      37 (37%)
      Kevin Stewart
      0 (0%)
      Ovie Ejaria
      3 (3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1%)
      Emre Can
      3 (3%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      24 (24%)
      Ben Woodburn
      10 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Voting closed: Dec 03, 2016 09:43:56 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Leeds United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19660 times
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Leeds
      Reply #276: Nov 29, 2016 09:43:38 pm
      Job done redmen,Woodburrn and TAA brilliant,but going with Lucas for  my MOTM ,despite the odd free kick here or there or pen he never lets the team down,legend.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #277: Nov 29, 2016 09:43:43 pm
      Pleased for young woody there cracking finish.

Agree Can is a DM needs to be fuked off from being so close to the oppositions final third where he thinks he's Messi.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #278: Nov 29, 2016 09:44:06 pm
      Lucas with a fat lip
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #279: Nov 29, 2016 09:44:31 pm
      We got the win in the end and that is all that matters,give credit to Leeds though as they came to play.I hope the likes of the 2 Ms (Mourinho and Moyes) can learn something from that-I doubt it though.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Leeds United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #280: Nov 29, 2016 09:45:00 pm
      Young Woodburn won me a cool 18 quid at 9/1 to score anytime. Wish I put more on him now!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,653 posts | 6947 
      Reply #281: Nov 29, 2016 09:45:10 pm
      Liverpool's youngest ever goalscorer

https://streamable.com/ich9
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #282: Nov 29, 2016 09:45:11 pm
      An assist from a local lad for the first goal. A second goal from our youngest ever goalscorer and product of the academy.

This is what the League Cup is all about. Who says we don't have any legends in the making?
      With Hope In My Heart
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,279 posts | 183 
      Reply #283: Nov 29, 2016 09:45:31 pm
      Worrying first half, slowly improved in the second. Pretty unbalanced and nervous but came good.
       Well done to young Ben, and may he have many more memorable appearances for us.
      Lucas my motm.
      And on to the semi's

Agree with all of that.

Tip of the hat to Lucas, can't have been easy for him tonight.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #284: Nov 29, 2016 09:46:31 pm
      What a call by Klopp to still put Woodburn on even though we were struggling in midfield.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #285: Nov 29, 2016 09:47:55 pm
      Yea I'll take that one :) great result from a tricky opp.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #286: Nov 29, 2016 09:50:03 pm
      What a F***ing ball from Arnold for the first goal and what a goal it was from Woodburn for our second! Arnold got my MOTM! We've got a trio of young stars coming through in Arnold, Woodburn & Ejaria. No doubt in my mind that they'll make it at the club.

I was quite disappointed with some of the senior players at times during the game, we needed more from them and to step up to the plate but they weren't doing so. They got their act together though and help get us over the line. 2-0, think I had that in the prediction league.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #287: Nov 29, 2016 09:50:52 pm
      An excellent assist for Trent and then Woody becoming our youngest ever goalscorer in the same game has left me with that warm and glowy feeling inside tonight.

And everyone wanking off about how loud the Leeds fans were? Surprised? Biggest night out the bunch of inbred tw*ts have had in years. They'll all be back in their fields mumbling "Eeee by gum" to themselves whilst bumming off live cattle by midday tomorrow and everybody will have forgot about they shouted so loud as they got beat by two Liverpool rookies.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #288: Nov 29, 2016 09:51:17 pm
      In all fairness gotto give Gini some credit for unselfishly laying the ball off for Woodburn to score. I've been hard on him thoughout the game. Credit to Leeds  they played a  hard but fair game.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #289: Nov 29, 2016 09:52:27 pm
      Well satisfied with that. TAA gets an assist and Woodburn scores the first of many. Leeds very impressive, most competitive a team has ever been at Anfield this season so credit to them. Lost composure in that second half, to be expected give the amount of youngsters, but they did well to get the first and second. Well played!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #290: Nov 29, 2016 09:55:35 pm
      Get in there lads!

Leeds gave our second string a good game there. Will do a lot of them the world of good and in the end exactly what we needed. We're going to need plenty of these lads before the season is out.

Migs: Aura of vulnerability surrounds him but he did stop a few shots tonight so well in for that. Still flapped at a few crosses and put our own players under plenty of pressure, not even close to competing for a starting spot. 6.5

Moreno: Nearly got caught out on a few occasions and didn't use the ball well enough when he had chances. Two terrible shots when passes were clearly the correct choices. 6

Klavan: Did reasonably well but isn't close to competing Lovren/Matip right now. 7

Lucas: Apart from maybe one occasion looked very good back there, our best defensive player on the night. 7.5

TAA: Thought he had a weaker first half by his very high standards but was much better in the second and that cross for Origi's goal was a thing of beauty. High hopes for this fella and don't think he's far off from challenging Clyne. 7.5 (MotM)

Stewart: After a few assured performances this was very shaky from the young lad, thought he looked a bit lost at times and was giving up possession too often. Not a performance he'll look back at with too many positives in my opinion. 5

Wijnaldum: Much better in terms of arriving in the box more often, seemed to be a regular in there but a lot of his touches just seemed a stride too slow to actually keep the tempo going. Unlucky to hit the post but probably should have scored and the same can be said for his attempt in the first half too. Think he just needs to try to quick up his game more often. 6.5

Can: Thought he was the best of our midfielders again, despite a few sloppy passes he seemed the most imposing and produced some lovely switches of play. Also his stamina seems to be really improving because as the second half kept moving on he seemed to becoming stronger, good sign that. 7.

Mane: Perhaps he doesn't like the cold but he's not been so good the last couple of games. 6

Origi: Excellent finish and I thought, despite all the crazy dancing feet that he got a really rough ride from the ref. Was clearly fouled on numerous occasions and the ref just looked away thinking nothing of it. 2 in 2 for the lad and that has to have his confidence soaring, exactly what we need. 7.5

Ejaria: Really like this lad but I think his form tailed off in the second half. Had a good first half, really influential and then just got less and less involved. Still encouraging and pleased to see him developing. 6.5

Woodburn: Delighted for the lad, seemed like the script was written and boy did he play his role well. Awesome finish, the more I see it the more I enjoy it. Well in young fella. 7.5

Klopp: Got it spot on again, got away with resting an awful lot of players and we delivered another clean sheet and got the job done very well indeed. 7.5

We march on to the semi!
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #291: Nov 29, 2016 10:01:02 pm
      TAA putting Moteno and Clyne to shame with that performance hes great isnt he.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #292: Nov 29, 2016 10:01:35 pm
      https://twitter.com/themichaelowen/status/803713548186746880

Wouldnt worry, that record for being the world's worst boring bell whiffer doesn't look like it's getting taken off you anytime soon. Ever.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #293: Nov 29, 2016 10:03:45 pm
      I don't know who's got a bigger grin on their face, me or Woodburn. Definitely my favourite moment of the season so far. Love it when young lads come in and take their chances.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #294: Nov 29, 2016 10:07:24 pm
      MOTM goes to Ejaria but Lucas and TAA could get it too.

F***ing well done to the youngsters. They all stood up. 

Mané and Gini were gash and Emre only improved when he dropped deep.

Through to the semi's! Let's have it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #295: Nov 29, 2016 10:11:33 pm
      Difficult to choose between TAA and OR I GI for MOTM but considering the battering he got and came back for more with a goal and created the second Divock had a great game.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #296: Nov 29, 2016 10:11:48 pm
      Surprised more people aren't going on about Origi. Great for Woodbury to get the goal and TAA is a real talent.

But for me without Origi today we would not have won, even though he got battered by their defense he was resilient, got his goal and had a  big part in the second.

I'm hoping that with Coutinho out we can see more of him as I feel he may just pick up from where he left off last season.

Great professional performance from Lucas and Klavan, Emre definitely an upgrade on Stewart in the DM role. Feel Moreno was very positive in his play and Ejaria looked to attack more than most.

All in all a great result and hopefully long may these results continue.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #297: Nov 29, 2016 10:18:12 pm
      15 games unbeaten now too and a few games without conceding.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #298: Nov 29, 2016 10:20:36 pm
      Mickey O at it again.
      His ego knows no bounds.

Twitter   ...

Another record taken from me !!!!    ( Yes Exclamation marks)

Then he goes on to mention Woodburn as youngest LFC player at 17 years and 45 days  to score  etc

Quick Reply