Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v B'mouth?

Loris Karius
      6 (5.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      11 (10.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      3 (2.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      20 (19.4%)
      Emre Can
      11 (10.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      5 (4.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      32 (31.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1%)
      Divock Origi
      9 (8.7%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: Dec 08, 2016 03:31:56 pm

AFC Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 36967 times
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Re: AFC Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Dec 05, 2016 04:38:18 pm
      One thing I have noticed about myself since Jürgen took over is how, despite being mad with my team inside my head after a defeat like yesterdays, I have been "Cool" when heckled by other teams fans.
      Two Manure fans and a Man Shitty fan made a couple of wanky comments, about our performance this morning and I remained very calm and just shrugged my shoulders and gave them a Jürgen stare.
      "It's just a game of football" lads... "Some you win some you lose.."
      "Hats off to Bourmouth for a great comeback"

Besides... "Think you need to have a good long look at your own teams performace first before slagging us off"

another tumble weed moment in the canteen... :laugh:

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #714: Dec 05, 2016 04:41:30 pm
      we seem have recurring second half capitulation over last few years, we see in Europa league final and Norwich away last year were lucky win and southmpton away last year, we still too many Brendan Rodgers players in team need be get rid off players too weak, l don't think we win league these year, not till we get backline sort out long term stop leaking eay goals, and we need player like kante in our team and reason why Chelsea win league these year, give me boreing one nil all time and we lift league in may
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #715: Dec 05, 2016 05:58:07 pm
      I found this weird, I really did. I'd expect to see us go 2-0 up under any other manager and then slam back down into second gear and play within ourselves.

I haven't seen us really do this under Klopp, we're pretty relentless and intense and usually put teams to the sword. But yesterday, it was odd. We went 2 up and stopped doing everything good that we had been doing to get us to that point.

You could see the players sitting back being conservative, until they scored the pen that is and we woke up for a minute and got back into 4th gear with Can's lovely strike. As soon as we did this we shifted back down into second again and then capitulated.

Our best form of defense is attack, and when we're not putting teams under the kosh we allow them to exploit our weaknesses - one being our keeper yesterday who I thought was awful.

I have no idea why Lucas started ahead of Klavan (who I think has always looked quite decent at the back), but at 2-0 up the choice of these two didn't matter. It was when we (as a team) took our foot right off the pedal that all merry hell broke lose.
      We've seen what happened yesterday once before this season. It was at Arsenal in the first game after we went 4-1 up. The whole team collectively got the cigars out but we just about hung on.
      The lack of effort in the second half and general half arsed attitude from the whole team was pathetic. Watching players being shrugged off the ball , half competing in the air and jogging after opposition players was awful.
      But let's get one thing straight, EVERY player was to blame. Let's hope they've had a proper bollocking and  been left in no doubt this is never to be repeated . We need to see a reaction on Sunday.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,551 posts | 726 
      Reply #716: Dec 05, 2016 07:32:57 pm
      I love reading all your knee jerk reactions in the player thread!

We've gone from a Title challenging team with great squad depth to a defeated club with massive recruitment required. All of a sudden we need to get rid of some of our better performers.
      You lot are a fickle bunch

EVERYONES sh*t NOW!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #717: Dec 05, 2016 07:37:34 pm
      It's called disappointment
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #718: Dec 05, 2016 07:40:49 pm
      Interesting game.  It brought back some bad memories, that's for sure, although at 3-1 I thought we'd killed off any hope they had. 

Yep there's some knee jerk rubbish being said, but for me the game highlighted how our squad is a bit thin in some critical areas and how important it is to keep our first eleven healthy.  Also, as some have said very well, we do need a bit more nous than we showed second half.  I'm not rubbishing anyone, but there were some serious switch-off moments from most of the lads.  We've seen this too often.  It comes down to two things - lack of energy and lack of leadership.

I love Klopp, I love his team's methods, but are we seeing the effect of 14 weeks of all-out gegenpressing?  The boys were knackered by 65 minutes.  Nothing left in the tank.   And the first thing that slows is the mind.
      However, we had Milner and Henderson, as well as Lucas, Lovren and Lallana out there who might all be expected to know, at 3-1 up away from home, that sometimes the bus needs to pull over and stick the hazards on; organise. 

Credit to Bournemouth, they went out to play their game from the start, kept believing, saw where we were fading and put the people on to exploit it.  Their fans must have loved it.  I could have cried.

Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #719: Dec 05, 2016 08:44:25 pm
      very down after that same old story for us reason why we not going win league these year, we not careful we could end up out top 4 in new year, l think Chelsea will go on win league now

Why? Weve had the hardest run in of all the big teams and have already beaten Chelsea away.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #720: Dec 05, 2016 11:49:08 pm
      Why? Weve had the hardest run in of all the big teams and have already beaten Chelsea away.

We just let in 4 against Bournemouth mate (in one half).

How ever you put it, that is absolutely shocking and exposes some serious problems
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,658 posts | 488 
      Reply #721: Dec 06, 2016 09:15:58 am

How ever you put it, that is absolutely shocking and exposes some serious problems
      Chelsea let in 3 against Arsenal, where we defeated them already. No way I'm justifying the Bournemouth implosion, but sh*t happens with every team  once in a while, lets not reach any conclusion from just 1 match, and look at the bigger picture i.e. we are still just 4 points off the top with 2/3 season to be played yet.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #722: Dec 06, 2016 10:12:43 am
      Chelsea let in 3 against Arsenal, where we defeated them already. No way I'm justifying the Bournemouth implosion, but sh*t happens with every team  once in a while, lets not reach any conclusion from just 1 match, and look at the bigger picture i.e. we are still just 4 points off the top with 2/3 season to be played yet.

Bit of a difference conceding 3 goals to a quality team like Arsenal and Bournemouth who until we played them had scored 15 goals all season with 6 of those coming in one game!
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #723: Dec 06, 2016 10:28:31 am
      looking at teams we are playing come up west ham and Middlesbrough both teams at bottom of league and bitters not playing great and stoke city at home really we should be get 12 points at best or at worse 10 points
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #724: Dec 06, 2016 10:34:47 am
      looking at teams we are playing come up west ham and Middlesbrough both teams at bottom of league and bitters not playing great and stoke city at home really we should be get 12 points at best or at worse 10 points

yes but then we should have gotten 3 points against Bournemouth! In all seriousness I agree that we should expect to be winning all our games up to and probably including Citeh, they are very beatable, time to get another run going, if anyone can get the lads focussed and galvanised again then its Klopp.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #725: Dec 06, 2016 10:53:33 am

Anyone know that they flew straight out from Bournemouth Airport to Barcelona for two days "warm weather" training.
      What was that all about ?

They needed a bloody cold bath and a wake up call including a slap round the back of their heads with a wet fish.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #726: Dec 06, 2016 11:10:17 am
      Anyone know that they flew straight out from Bournemouth Airport to Barcelona for two days "warm weather" training.
      What was that all about ?

They needed a bloody cold bath and a wake up call including a slap round the back of their heads with a wet fish.

I don't understand that either mate, they should be on the training ground ironing out the creases in our defence & not to capitulate a lead...

Talking about defence...Sakho,it's well documented the situation he is in with us but surely he could have provided cover as supposed to Lucas?...

Thoughts?.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #727: Dec 06, 2016 11:17:57 am
      I don't understand that either mate, they should be on the training ground ironing out the creases in our defence & not to capitulate a lead...

Talking about defence...Sakho,it's well documented the situation he is in with us but surely he could have provided cover as supposed to Lucas?...

Thoughts?.

They will be training while out in Barca then will watch the match before coming back on Thursday. No big deal.

Sakho has burnt his bridges no point going down that road.

I imagine he had a chance to redeem himself but the late night Instgrams would have been the last straw for Jürgen.

DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,757 posts | 884 
      Reply #728: Dec 06, 2016 11:47:38 am
      Hmm.. this holiday training camp in Barcelona.. was that pre-booked?

Just recalling the 6-1 capitulation against Stoke in the final game, and the lads going off on holiday that same day. Any chance the players had their minds elsewhere?

Still can't get over the fact these lads conceded 4 goals in 30 mins against Bournemouth..!!!  :mad:
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #729: Dec 06, 2016 12:43:45 pm
      Switched off after 30 mins F***ing appalling.

No leadership when it got tough again.

Just a F**k up from that point on.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #730: Dec 06, 2016 12:50:46 pm
      Switched off after 30 mins f**king appalling.

No leadership when it got tough again.

Just a f**k up from that point on.

You switched off when we were 2-0 up?

Very strange.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #731: Dec 06, 2016 12:57:39 pm
      You switched off when we were 2-0 up?

Very strange.

No....I meant the team switched off.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #732: Dec 06, 2016 01:35:12 pm
      Bollox to it.. first defeat since August...not bad considering it's December !
      Indeed and that fact in itself proves how F***ing daft it is for anyone to write this off as the '"wake up call'/'kick up the arse' the team needs".

Why would the team need a wake up call when it was winning?  😂

« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2016 04:03:06 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Kopite78
      Reply #733: Dec 06, 2016 01:57:16 pm
      I don't get the over reaction

I get people, myself included are gutted by the result but it's (currently and hopefully) a one off.. what's with all the reactions that we really are sh*te, that it's a wake up call, the reaction to the Barcelona trip (which is a fairly basic management trope) that Sakho should play (not been in the first team squad for 5 months) that it was a major f**k up playing Lucas (who had started 3 of the last 5 at cb winning all 3- it may be something Klopp now rethinks but Saturday on the back of him playing there in victories on a few occasions this season already???)

Let's currently put it down to what it was, a one off sh*te result that is hurting but needs putting in perspective, it's not the end of the world or our season

Let's turn doubters into believers manic over reactive nutters
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #734: Dec 06, 2016 02:37:55 pm
      I don't get the over reaction

I get people, myself included are gutted by the result but it's (currently and hopefully) a one off.. what's with all the reactions that we really are sh*te, that it's a wake up call, the reaction to the Barcelona trip (which is a fairly basic management trope) that Sakho should play (not been in the first team squad for 5 months) that it was a major f**k up playing Lucas (who had started 3 of the last 5 at cb winning all 3- it may be something Klopp now rethinks but Saturday on the back of him playing there in victories on a few occasions this season already???)

Let's currently put it down to what it was, a one off sh*te result that is hurting but needs putting in perspective, it's not the end of the world or our season

Let's turn doubters into believers manic over reactive nutters

Forum window lickers second guessing the boss make me laugh.

"He got it wrong, he made a mistake".

"Oh really, so you have all the same information as Klopp, have assessed the players in training all week, and have detailed knowledge of his tactical approach to this game. No? Thought not, F**k off".
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #735: Dec 06, 2016 03:20:27 pm
      I do find it interesting that this game has sparked a much bigger negative reaction than the Burnley game.

I think it's better to lose a game 4-3, having scored 3 goals and actually been 3-1 up at one point than it is to lose 2-0 having not even managed a goal.

I don't remember this many questions being asked of certain players after that match and we had Coutinho on the pitch as well that day.

Time to move on now, focus on West Ham.

Quick Reply