Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

FA Cup 2016/17

Read 21771 times
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: FA Cup 2016/17
      Reply #46: Feb 18, 2017 10:15:07 pm
      The draw is tomorrow live on BT Sports 2 at 6-30pm

:ernaehrung004:  Thanks
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 665 posts | 86 
      Reply #47: Feb 18, 2017 10:48:21 pm
      Question, just for fun - which Liverpool manager never lost a game in the FA Cup whilst their manager?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #48: Feb 19, 2017 06:46:05 pm
      Wonders how confident Keith is now they havr to go to the chavs nice draw that.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #49: Feb 19, 2017 08:07:04 pm
      Spurs v millwall,that tie should help with the demolition of WHL
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #50: Feb 19, 2017 11:12:04 pm
      Wonders how confident Keith is now they havr to go to the chavs nice draw that.

Not very that's for sure  :-\ The sides that they will put out will be very interesting
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #51: Feb 19, 2017 11:31:17 pm
      I dislike both clubs immensely but because I like Conte (seriously he is one classy guy who has brought some much needed dignity to the club after the sh*t stains left by Jose) and detest Mourinho it's clear I want Chelsea to run up a cricket score against those hateful wankers. Seriously, I have never hated Man Utd more in my life even 8-10 years ago when they were the best team in Europe. Back then at least I had respect for them and their football and besides - Ronaldo was and IS an incredible player. But even Ronaldo, with all his prima donna antics never resorted to the sort of desperate, hilarious gimmicks that Carlton Pogba resorted to.

Yes Chelsea - go and tw*t those fuckers once more this season.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #52: Feb 20, 2017 12:54:29 am
      I dislike both clubs immensely but because I like Conte (seriously he is one classy guy who has brought some much needed dignity to the club after the sh*t stains left by Jose) and detest Mourinho it's clear I want Chelsea to run up a cricket score against those hateful wankers. Seriously, I have never hated Man Utd more in my life even 8-10 years ago when they were the best team in Europe. Back then at least I had respect for them and their football and besides - Ronaldo was and IS an incredible player. But even Ronaldo, with all his prima donna antics never resorted to the sort of desperate, hilarious gimmicks that Carlton Pogba resorted to.

Agree totally. Conte is dignified in both victory and defeat, its hard not to like the guy. United are easily hated, but Mourinho in charge as well, they have become utterly detestable.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #53: Feb 20, 2017 01:34:19 am

Bloody hell Shanks have we got you on a bad day.  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #54: Feb 20, 2017 01:40:32 am
      Bloody hell Shanks have we got you on a bad day.  ;D

I bet even you Keith reserve a cupful of hatred for your own side seeing as you've got a sexist, eye gouging, death threat inducing lunatic as your manager. Now tell me which part of that description is wrong?

Correct - none of it is!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #55: Feb 20, 2017 09:06:22 am
      I bet even you Keith reserve a cupful of hatred for your own side seeing as you've got a sexist, eye gouging, death threat inducing lunatic as your manager. Now tell me which part of that description is wrong?

Correct - none of it is!

I can't, No doubting he can be (( have to be diplomatic  ;D)) a handful at times Shanks and what happened with Eva Carneiro was probably the worse things he's done in his record to-date as a manager. :(
      Luckily his managerial performances with the team make up for his disappointing attitude towards her and many others.

Your one of the posters I get on really well on here (( there're many )) and I hope it can stay that way despite your obvious hate for United and some of their fans ( well most of them  :D )  You'll probably get your wish anyway because I can't see United getting passed Chavs if they both put their best sides out.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #56: Feb 20, 2017 07:41:33 pm
      I see Sutton United have sold out any principles by allowing The S*n to sponsor them for tonights game against Arsenal. Shameless.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #57: Feb 20, 2017 08:53:10 pm
      I see Sutton United have sold out any principles by allowing The S*n to sponsor them for tonights game against Arsenal. Shameless.

Come on Gunners smash these scummy fuckers.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #58: Feb 20, 2017 08:57:56 pm
      Desperate for Arsenal to win the cup aren't they, 2 non league teams in a row.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #59: Feb 20, 2017 09:24:48 pm
      Question, just for fun - which Liverpool manager never lost a game in the FA Cup whilst their manager?

Don't think Hodgson made it to an FA Cup game did he?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #60: Feb 20, 2017 09:32:16 pm
      Just put the Sutton Arsenal game on. F**k me! Turned it right off, can't have that sh*t rag being advertised on my TV.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #61: Feb 20, 2017 10:09:04 pm
      2-0 up, on a plastic pitch...puts Sanchez on.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #62: Feb 20, 2017 11:59:28 pm
      2-0 up, on a plastic pitch...puts Sanchez on.

He's just trolling Sanchez now. Must be trying to push him out or punish him.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #63: Feb 21, 2017 12:50:03 am
      Just put the Sutton Arsenal game on. F**k me! Turned it right off, can't have that sh*t rag being advertised on my TV.

We got slaughtered by S*n columnist Alan Shearer for starting a weakened side against Wolves and 'demeaning the cup'.

Tonight Sutton Utd had The S*n emblazoned on its shirt and then got their mockery of a sub goalie to thrash a pie into his mouth on behalf of that sh*t rags betting game - in full view of the BBC tv cameras. If that isn't 'demeaning the cup' I don't know what is. But I doubt Big Al will be writing that in his column this week.

These ties are often looked on in a fond manner but tonights events were really shoddy. I think Sutton United have embarrassed themselves. Not so much as having their moment in the sun but soiling it with the s*n.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 665 posts | 86 
      Reply #64: Feb 21, 2017 12:36:29 pm
      Don't think Hodgson made it to an FA Cup game did he?
      Hodgson is the correct answer by fact that he never got that far to lose one.

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #65: Feb 21, 2017 05:06:39 pm
      http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39045017.keeper quit still trying to play it up as just a laugh.wake up call for small clubs when ya take the cash over community.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #66: Feb 21, 2017 05:12:51 pm
      https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/834075819479855107

Believes an FA Cup tie hijacked by The S*n where the sub goalie puts himself central taking all  attention away from the team on the field is a bit of good humour. And yet this is the same guy who thinks Klopp starting a weakened side was 'disrespecting the cup'?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #67: Feb 21, 2017 05:21:31 pm
      Superb article that sums up the farce of last nights cup tie. How sad that a non league club should disgrace itself in this manner. And yet the men at the top of that club who invited that disgusting paper and its greasy infected tentacles to soil this cup tie will be counting their dirty money from that F***ing filth rag.

The 'Magic of the Cup' is paying a man to eat pie on television for money

Well done on staging everything. Taking something genuine and real and slapping a Sun F***ing logo on it. Pointing to the big man who's out of shape, and saying 'It's your lucky day fatso! We're gonna make you a star!', before turning him into a roly-poly court jester you literally command to eat on television for 'lolz'.

'Chomp on this you big lardy bugger. Stuff this stodgy pie in your fat greedy face and chew on it hard. Eat it, gorge it. Nose-breathe heavily whilst it clogs up your arteries and we throw coins at your swollen belly and laugh.'

8-1. Fair odds to chew up and spit out a non-league player who can't believe his luck. Get him to eat it on the bench, in full view of the prime-time audience, so that the cameras can catch every last crumb of the 'magic of the cup' disappear into his cakehole in perfect high defintion.

Turn him into a viral sensation - 'legend' to 'sell-out' in ten minutes flat - and then cast him aside like a stale pastry carcass on the 3G pitch.

Wayne Shaw faces backlash. Wayne Shaw criticised by chairman. Wayne Shaw investigated by the Gambling Commission and FA. You know what? F**k him. Because you've got your publicity and he's got his pocket change and next week no one will give a sh*t about Wayne F***ing Shaw.

Forget that he's left with the fallout. Forget that his teammates worked really F***ing hard for the biggest game of their lives. Abuse the occasion to promote your mucky brand of fan-shaming, lie-packed, phone-hacking filth, and make it all so grubby and hideous that people at home actually want the minnows to lose.

Choreograph the F**k out of everything. Stamp it with your ugly seal. Make the town of Sutton a F***ing circus for the day and manufacture such mouth-breathing idiocy that even the writers of Mrs Brown's Boys would take one look at the script and say: 'Nah lads, that's a bit too crass and lame for us...'

Infect football with a level of 'banter' so pitiful and ultimately cruel that it would make that Dapper Laughs pr**k think twice. Because after all, it fits with your lowly assumptions and utter contempt for football fans everywhere. They'll lap up this sh*te because they are sh*te, the scummy proles.

Of course any genuine expression of fan joy is dangerous and must be stopped. A two-minute pitch invasion to celebrate a goal is simply not on. Flares around football grounds? Oh deary me, that just won't do. Unless of course the dramatic images can be used ten years hence to fetishise and commoditise the 'casual state of mind' from a safe distance.

In the meantime, we should all just sit the F**k down and sup on overpriced sugary pop. Except we're all too dangerous having any sort of fun, so we'll have to remove the F***ing top. Go ahead and sanitise everything we love and replace it with lowest common denominator bollocks because that's all we truly deserve. That and a rag of hateful lies.

Magic of the Cup? Aye, that.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/the-magic-of-the-cup-is-paying-a-man-to-eat-pie-on-television-for-money/114058
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #68: Feb 21, 2017 06:37:30 pm
      Weird last night wanting Arsenal to beat a none league team.

Talk about the magic of the cup and everything but paying a fat guy to eat a pie so we could have a laugh at him was a bit too much 'forced fun' for me.

Don't see why it's funny to be honest, was all a bit Mrs Browns Boys for my liking, hate being told when to laugh! 

Quick Reply