Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Liverpool Legends v Real Madrid

Read 4098 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Liverpool Legends v Real Madrid
      Dec 05, 2016 08:28:21 pm
      Never mind will Stevie make his Anfield return - Danny Agger is  :clap: :kop5cf8koxp6: :clap:

Liverpool to host Real Madrid in March – will Steven Gerrard make his Anfield return?

News

This Is Anfield on 05.12.2016

Liverpool will host Real Madrid in a legends match at Anfield in March – a game that could see recently retired Steven Gerrard back in red.

A LFC legends team will host Real Madrid legends on March 25th, 2017 – the return match from when the sides played at the Bernabeu in June 2015.

That match saw the likes of Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, Steve McManaman, Luis Garcia, Jamie Carragher and Patrik Berger line up for Liverpool.

But the last time Liverpool legends played a charity match was down under in Sydney in January – a game Gerrard played in during the off-season from MLS, so despite him not being named on the official press release on Monday, fans will be hoping he’ll be added to the Reds’ squad.

The match at the Bernabeu saw Zinedine Zidane line up for the Spanish giants but he’s unlikely to take to the Anfield pitch now he’s in charge of Los Merengues, although the game is during an international break.  Luis Figo and Roberto Carlos will be among the the stars in action for Los Blancos though.

The match will raise funds for the Liverpool FC Foundation, the club’s official charity.

Liverpool FC Ambassador, Robbie Fowler, will captain the Reds side with the hope of claiming victory in front of the Kop.  LFC’s top goal scorer, Ian Rush, will also act as player manager for the team.

Some of the star former players confirmed to play in the Legends team include; Ian Rush, Gary McAllister, Luis Garcia, Jamie Carragher, Patrik Berger, Salif Diao, Jerzy Dudek, Stephane Henchoz, Jason McAteer, Vladimir Smicer, David Thompson, Bjorn Tore Kvarme, Sander Westerveld, Didi Hamann, John Aldridge, John Arne Riise , Phil Babb, Daniel Agger and Michael Owen.

Real Madrid’s team will also feature a top line up of footballing stars including, Roberto Carlos da Silva, Emilio Butragueño, Luis Figo and Steven McManaman.

All proceeds from the match will go to the LFC Foundation – the Club’s official charity.  The aim of the LFC Foundation is to make a real difference to the lives of children and young people.  Funds raised will support the charity’s programmes and partnerships, which aim to improve the health and life chances of children and young people in Merseyside and beyond.

Fowler said: “We’re really looking forward to playing Real Madrid next spring.  We hope to put on a really good show for our fans in the first legends game held at Anfield, whilst raising funds for the Liverpool FC Foundation.”

Andrea Cooper, Head of the Liverpool FC Foundation said: “We are delighted to host our friends from Real Madrid in the return leg of the charity game held last summer.  With our fans’ help we can make a really positive difference to thousands of children and young people who need it most.”

Tickets for the game are priced at £20 for Adults and £5 for Juniors.  Tickets will go on sale to Season Ticket Holders and LFC Members from 11am on Tuesday 6th December.  Tickets will be on general sale (including LFC fan card holders) from 11am on Friday 9th December.
      MsGerrard
      Re: Liverpool Legends v Real Madrid
      Reply #1: Dec 05, 2016 10:20:09 pm
      Can't wait for this game, must try to get a ticket  :)

Special game.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2: Dec 05, 2016 10:46:06 pm
      Can't wait for this game, must try to get a ticket  :)

Special game.

Tomorrow morning Cas get your alarm set ready for the scrum  :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Dec 05, 2016 10:50:14 pm
      Tomorrow morning Cas get your alarm set ready for the scrum  :D

Not to early Debs....11am scrap  :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4: Dec 05, 2016 11:00:50 pm
      Not to early Debs....11am scrap  :D

How civilised is that!! 

I might have to see my bestie Mr Batez nearer the time, see if he can sort me out  :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5: Dec 05, 2016 11:03:00 pm
      How civilised is that!! 

I might have to see my bestie Mr Batez nearer the time, see if he can sort me out  :D

Have you not got a memers card Deb?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #6: Dec 05, 2016 11:12:10 pm
      Have you not got a memers card Deb?

Not any more Cas I gave it up when we did the not a penny more campaign and never renewed. 

It's pointless having one now with how they do them as I can never guarantee getting to games but I'm due a windfall in the next few weeks off my godmother and if it's enough I'm considering getting one of the new hospitality season tickets if they do them for half the season.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #7: Dec 06, 2016 11:10:58 am
      Not any more Cas I gave it up when we did the not a penny more campaign and never renewed. 

It's pointless having one now with how they do them as I can never guarantee getting to games but I'm due a windfall in the next few weeks off my godmother and if it's enough I'm considering getting one of the new hospitality season tickets if they do them for half the season.

ooooo....nice one hun  :gt-happyup:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #8: Dec 06, 2016 11:21:41 am
      Happy days, got a ticket in the kop row 4  :)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #9: Dec 06, 2016 11:37:22 am
      Going to this as well, row 6 in centenary stand, very central seat :)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10: Dec 06, 2016 11:41:03 am
      Fantastic guys will be a great game to watch without the stresses of a competitive one.  Hopefully I'll see you there  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,278 posts | 763 
      Reply #11: Dec 06, 2016 11:44:14 am
      Perhaps the Liverpool legends, might show the present side, a thing or so, in the art of defending !!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #12: Mar 21, 2017 02:51:15 pm
      Anybody going to this match on Saturday?

Should be a great day.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #13: Mar 21, 2017 05:56:20 pm
      Anybody going to this match on Saturday?

Should be a great day.

Will be there Cas, sitting in the Main Stand! Hoping this will be fun
      MsGerrard
      Reply #14: Mar 21, 2017 06:09:59 pm
      Will be there Cas, sitting in the Main Stand! Hoping this will be fun

Great stuff hun, I'm in the 4th row of the kop right behind the goal, looking forward to seeing Stevie and some leg-ends  :laugh:

Quick Reply