Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Documentary: Hillsborough: Smears, Survivors & The Search For Truth.

Read 12059 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Documentary: Hillsborough: Smears, Survivors & The Search For Truth.
      Dec 08, 2016 08:31:19 pm
      Not sure how many of you know about this but I feel everybody should watch it either on the night or set it to record.  It's based on evidence uncovered during the HIP Investigation and concentrates mainly, as the title suggests, the smears, lies and cover ups by government officials and the press.

JD/Mods, I've put it in here as it needs the publicity and I don't feel enough people will see it if it's hidden away on the Hillsborough Board.  By all means move it once it's been televised.

Please be aware people that there are ongoing investigations by the DPP and IPPC so be careful what you post after watching it as we don't want or need anything that may get the site into trouble or put any potential charges in jeopardy.

Please spread the word about this amongst family, friends and on social media.  We need as much exposure as possible to keep this fresh in the public eye.

Nearly three decades after the Hillsborough disaster, reporter Peter Marshall - who was there on the day 96 people died - examines new evidence behind some of the shocking headlines and stories that smeared the Liverpool fans in 1989.

In a special edition, this documentary in the Exposure strand also investigates concerns about how survivors, witnesses and their testimony were treated.

Reporter: Peter Marshall
      Producer/Director: Marc Sigsworth
      Executive Producer: Mike Blair

ITV Mon 12 Dec 2016 10.40pm - 11.40pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Documentary: Hillsborough: Smears, Survivors & The Search For Truth.
      Reply #1: Dec 08, 2016 08:46:10 pm
      Will certainly give this a watch. I remember Peter Marshall's Panorama documentary from a few years back (think it was 2013) and was another important piece of work on the sheer level of criminality that took place that day. On YouTube somewhere as well I think.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2: Dec 09, 2016 11:24:52 am
      Not sure how many of you know about this but I feel everybody should watch it either on the night or set it to record.  It's based on evidence uncovered during the HIP Investigation and concentrates mainly, as the title suggests, the smears, lies and cover ups by government officials and the press.

JD/Mods, I've put it in here as it needs the publicity and I don't feel enough people will see it if it's hidden away on the Hillsborough Board.  By all means move it once it's been televised.

Please be aware people that there are ongoing investigations by the DPP and IPPC so be careful what you post after watching it as we don't want or need anything that may get the site into trouble or put any potential charges in jeopardy.

Please spread the word about this amongst family, friends and on social media.  We need as much exposure as possible to keep this fresh in the public eye.

Nearly three decades after the Hillsborough disaster, reporter Peter Marshall - who was there on the day 96 people died - examines new evidence behind some of the shocking headlines and stories that smeared the Liverpool fans in 1989.

In a special edition, this documentary in the Exposure strand also investigates concerns about how survivors, witnesses and their testimony were treated.

Thanks Debs
      Didn’t realise it was on, now that I do I'll be spreading the word,
      It's a must see and not just for LFC fans, I heed your warning concerning reactions, no matter how trivial they seem, they could be construed differently otherwise.

YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #3: Dec 09, 2016 11:47:02 am

Be compulsive viewing will that Debs.
      It is outrageous that nearly three decades after the tragedy evidence of the conspiracy/cover up is still being discovered.
      Indicative of the layers of deceit falling away like a house of cards, the layers are getting ever higher with the likes of Duckenfield being trodden underfoot.

House of cards - House of Commons - House of Lords - we're getting there.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #4: Dec 09, 2016 01:49:28 pm

Cheers for the heads up debs,wasn't aware of this myself,timer is set to record and I've put a reminder on the TV,I've also spread the word to friends,work colleagues & family who will spread the word over social media.
      👍.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5: Dec 09, 2016 07:08:14 pm
      Some further updates guys.  For those not living in the Granada region it's also being aired on the these networks/channels. 

ITV, ITVHD London, ITVHD Yorkshire, ITVHD Border, ITVHD West, ITVHD Westcountry

STV at 11.05pm UTV at 11.40pm on Monday

For those living outside of the UK I understand it will go out on youtube once it's been broadcast.

It's causing a bit of a stir with the IPCC who have tried to have it blocked from airing.  Also WMP and SYP have also been trying to get it stopped.

I wonder why??

Thanks for sharing the info with everyone and anyone - keep at it please guys, we need the world and it's Nan knowing what these fuckers have doing for far, far too long.

We will not be silenced you bas**rds  :mad: :mad:
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #6: Dec 10, 2016 09:50:06 pm
      Just read the below article on the Guardian relating to this;

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/10/hillsborough-football-chief-under-fire-dave-richards-evidence

On my mobile so can't embed the article but it's just another example of the smears that were/are prevalent in relation to Hillsborough.
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #7: Dec 10, 2016 10:26:41 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/10/hillsborough-football-chief-under-fire-dave-richards-evidence

On my mobile so can't embed the article but it's just another example of the smears that were/are prevalent in relation to Hillsborough.

I would like to say how shocked I am that these statements could have remained unchecked or properly investigated for so long.

Sadly I can't!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8: Dec 10, 2016 10:34:58 pm

I bet not one of them involved ever thought that those lads would become successful journalists, producers etc and eventually be able to uncover the casual and underhand manner that they dismissed their own shortcomings by laying the blame at the fans door.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #9: Dec 10, 2016 10:43:52 pm
      I'll  be watching ...... for the lies and smears of the present day Airstrip One .
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #10: Dec 12, 2016 03:49:18 pm
      Quote from reddebs

It's causing a bit of a stir with the IPCC who have tried to have it blocked from airing.  Also WMP and SYP have also been trying to get it stopped.

I wonder why??

We will not be silenced you bas**rds  :mad: :mad:

Unfortunately we are been silenced. To some extent anyway.

It's ridiculous that after all this time, all the inquests, and all the evidence in the public domain, that we should be silenced and censored at all.

We're told it's to ensure a fair trial. But everyone knows who is responsible. Those who are responsible lost their right to a fair trial decades ago.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11: Dec 12, 2016 06:34:28 pm
      Bumping this as a reminder that it's on tonight 10.40pm ITV straight after News at 10.

Put your disappointment of yesterdays game to one side for 60mins of your time, THIS is far more important than the players, the manager, the coaches, who we should sign in January, or your feelings on how we're playing etc etc.

If you can't watch tonight, make sure you record it and watch it when you can and make sure you tell family, friends, neighbours, colleagues, THIS needs to be seen by as many people as possible. 

FAR, FAR too many people in this country and around the world STILL BELIEVE the lies that were written, that were spoken and that were perpetuated by those in authority to cover their own arses.  Even now, after the new Inquest verdicts were announced, they STILL perpetuate those lies, STILL lay the blame at the door of the FANS.

THAT'S ME, YOU AND EVERY OTHER RED AROUND THE WORLD - BLAMED FOR THEIR FAILINGS!!!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #12: Dec 12, 2016 06:53:19 pm
      Thanks for the reminder Deb, I'll be watching, make sure you are too.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #13: Dec 12, 2016 06:58:00 pm
      Thanks for the reminder Deb, I'll be watching, make sure you are too.

If I can stay awake I will be Cas but it's on record anyway just in case  :gt-happyup:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #14: Dec 12, 2016 07:06:15 pm
      If I can stay awake I will be Cas but it's on record anyway just in case  :gt-happyup:

Nice one hun, I'm just off for a few hours to play Badminton, so I'll be sure to be back in time to watch xx
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15: Dec 12, 2016 07:07:59 pm
      Nice one hun, I'm just off for a few hours to play Badminton, so I'll be sure to be back in time to watch xx

Get them beat whoever you're playing against  :D
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #16: Dec 12, 2016 11:49:37 pm
      Unbelievable that. We really need an end to this as soon as possible. As far as I can see,aside to the unlawful killing, how many acts of perjury have been committed?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17: Dec 13, 2016 12:07:11 am
      Unbelievable that. We really need an end to this as soon as possible. As far as I can see,aside to the unlawful killing, how many acts of perjury have been committed?

Just finished watching it mate, incredible isn't it but I wouldn't be surprised if no charges are brought.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #18: Dec 13, 2016 12:59:10 am
      Just finished watching it mate, incredible isn't it but I wouldn't be surprised if no charges are brought.

Great things have been done to first get the publication of the Independent Panel Report and then the monumental inquest verdicts back in April. But despite that the sheer level of the crimes committed by those in authority across all levels on Hillsborough is enough to make anyone doubt that the Crown Prosecution Service will do the right thing. But despite that I'm an optimist and I believe the verdicts from the inquests and the body of evidence (which tonights programme just adds to) is too weighty to disregard prosecution.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #19: Dec 13, 2016 01:24:01 am
      Great things have been done to first get the publication of the Independent Panel Report and then the monumental inquest verdicts back in April. But despite that the sheer level of the crimes committed by those in authority across all levels on Hillsborough is enough to make anyone doubt that the Crown Prosecution Service will do the right thing. But despite that I'm an optimist and I believe the verdicts from the inquests and the body of evidence (which tonights programme just adds to) is too weighty to disregard prosecution.

Mate after the HIP report I was convinced and absolutely confident that the authorities wouldn't dare let us down again, that the overwhelming evidence was there for all to see but the way that the refs altered statement was casually dismissed by the IPCC as a typo error and that Daniels connection with SYP didn't warrant cross examination on her statement at the Inquests doesn't fill me with that same confidence.

Maybe they have enough evidence and don't need to follow them up but I'm not hopeful.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #20: Dec 13, 2016 07:30:03 am
      Not having ago at anyone personally but I've gone right off hoping that our National football team does well over the years as it's an FA ran joke but seen things posted that it's a superfan thing, that. Well it isn't. We've seen so much sh*te from that establishment. Very quick to sack the likes of Fat Sam yet this Richards guy is still employed just shows the amount of snide that is within.

I hate everything this disgusting establishment stands for.

I haven't watched the programme yet but know of some things that have been shown.

Still get a feeling that there is so much that is still to come to light. Scary to think that we could, still, be only scratching the surface.

People need to be brought to book sooner rather than later.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #21: Dec 13, 2016 08:01:33 am
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #22: Dec 16, 2016 11:16:25 am
      Just, finally caught up with this.

The injustice is like a bottomless pit.

The depths and established networks the establishment have in place to cover themselves, and blame the little people is astonishing.

Quick Reply