Trending Topics

Joe Hart - should Liverpool go for him?

Read 18964 times
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Re: Joe Hart - should Liverpool go for him?
      Reply #138: Dec 14, 2016 03:22:40 pm
      I would have thought the the Nevilles were more like the Chuckle Brothers but without their intelligence.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #139: Dec 14, 2016 03:30:25 pm
      I would have thought the the Nevilles were more like the Chuckle Brothers but without their intelligence.

Both were dropped on their head by the midwife but who was dropped from a greater height?

I'd say Phil - he's got that Dunce like stare about him like he's ogling a turnip and imagining it in Ann Summers lingerie.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #140: Dec 14, 2016 06:42:27 pm
      Rumours are Klopp's dropped Karius for the Boro game tonight
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #141: Dec 14, 2016 06:46:13 pm
      Rumours are Klopp's dropped Karius for the Boro game tonight

Ian Abrahams the source ;)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #142: Dec 14, 2016 07:14:49 pm
      Ooh, fair play though :D
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,632 posts | 765 
      Reply #143: Dec 15, 2016 04:18:19 pm
      I'd rather Kasper Schmeichel ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #144: Dec 15, 2016 04:30:22 pm

That's actually not a bad selection. I would say he's better than the two you currently have.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #145: Dec 15, 2016 04:46:41 pm

I think his dad would disown him if he signed for us mate.

I know he was at the blue mancs for a while but they were no threat to the red mancs at the time and certainly not the same rivalry as with us.
      Kopite78
      Reply #146: Dec 15, 2016 04:50:01 pm

He wanted to and nearly did sign for us

Souey turned him down

Don't want Kasper though personally
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #147: Dec 15, 2016 06:14:07 pm
      Isn't it sort of a moot point anyway? Why would city sell to us?

Exactly and I'm pretty sure we won't be buying another keeper anyway.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #148: Dec 15, 2016 06:38:05 pm

Marina Hyde in The Guardian absolutely nails this and in the process it makes for pretty embarrassing reading for the Gormless Twins...and Jamie Carragher as well. Read it and weep.

I've said it before but I'll say it again - it's embarrassing how any football fan, let alone a Liverpool supporter, sees wrong in what Karius and Klopp and swallow the narrative provided by the Gormless Twins. Embarrassing. Have a word with yourself.
      The article is excellent, but your use of your summary of it to have a pop at fellow Liverpool fans is silly and not without a trace of irony. Essentially the reporter is saying it's ridiculous to shout Karius down and we should defend his right to have an opinion, so you go right on ahead and shout anybody down who disagrees with you. Don't be daft and have a word with YOURself.

I think it was extremely ill advised for Karius and Jürgen to engage with the Chucks and Carra. NOT because I disagree with Jürgen, or think they're right (although they are obviously correct that Karius was playing poorly, people like yourself who attempted to shout down anyone who said the same were wrong).

No, I think it was silly to get involved simply because everything we do ought to be aimed at us improving the performance of the team or the individuals in it. I could not and cannot see how engaging in a media tit for tat with these people could possibly improve the chances of Karius getting himself out of his dodgy spell. It NEVER works to get involved in spats with media people who've got f*** all to lose in the argument, and f*** all else to do with their day than think of their latest response. Timing is EVERYTHING, saying the Mancs get favoured by the referees is great when you've won the league for example, saying it at Christmas then drawing your next match and putting fuel onto the fire of those who wonder if you are "cracking up" is just plain silly.

"Tell me a footballer who has never made a mistake" would have been a better response. "Lorius is only human, he's a great goalkeeper who will become even better but he IS only human" would have been another. "it's funny but when I played I didn't know too much about goalkeepers, it amazes me that some people are now experts on every position on the pitch" etc etc. Jürgen is far cleverer than me and easily clever enough to diffuse rather than to inflame, and Karius himself ought to be concentrating on improving his game rather than getting involved with TV pundits who's actual job it is to stir up controversy.

Liverpool fans though having a go at other Liverpool fans for offering an alternative opinion is something which ought to stop. As WAHS said on the Mignolet thread, it was hard not to laugh at the very posters who had a go at all and sundry for doubting Karius getting stuck into the Belgian before the game had even kicked off the other night. I guess it's why we all waste our time on here, it's funny sometimes.

I'd cut down a little on the superfannery if I was you FMS, it's not becoming.   

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #149: Dec 15, 2016 07:56:14 pm
      We don't need another keeper after last night

We have The Migs!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,632 posts | 765 
      Reply #150: Dec 15, 2016 09:17:26 pm

I know he was at the blue mancs for a while but they were no threat to the red mancs at the time and certainly not the same rivalry as with us.

I'm sure his dad just wants him to have a successful career and regular first team football.

And at the least im sure Kasper would be wanting to create his own legacy and not live in his fathers shadows ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #151: Dec 15, 2016 09:44:56 pm
      I'm sure his dad just wants him to have a successful career and regular first team football.

And at the least im sure Kasper would be wanting to create his own legacy and not live in his fathers shadows ;D

He's already done that winning the title last season mate although he probably realises that that won't happen again with Leicester.  Still can't see him coming to Liverpool though.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #152: Dec 16, 2016 12:02:23 pm
      11 games in & Karius is a mistake?.

F**k a duck.
      Why are you reading in to things that I have not said?.... Klopp like any other manager will make mistakes now and then, tactics,starting 11, player choices,subs and when to bring them on... For me there has been no choice...Karius over Migs everyday of the week... and the fact that we beat Middlesbrough 0-3 has less to do with how Migs performed and more to do with how many times he was called into action
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #153: Dec 16, 2016 12:06:22 pm
      We don't need another keeper after last night

We have The Migs!
      Remember that post when he returns to his old ways mate  :)
      Harrisimo

• 8,447 posts | 1441 
      Reply #154: Dec 16, 2016 02:16:59 pm
      It's a tricky situation for Klopp. Both Mig and Karius are prone to mistakes. But obviously all Keepers make mistakes. I think Klopp should of stuck by him but did the silly spat with the Nevilles brothers nudge Klopp into making the decision to drop. It's absolutely vital that Klopp gets it right as our defense has more than enough issues as it is.

On that spat with Neville, players esp keepers should not respond to pundits. If you have a bad games you are only answerable  to the manager. You do not take on the critics. They feed off stuff like that and it only serves to increase the scrutiny and pressure on your game.

Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #155: Dec 16, 2016 06:11:26 pm
      If we really want to show ambition then get that keeper from Milan. The 17 year old "next Buffon". One of a kind
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #156: Dec 17, 2016 08:04:59 am
      Think we're all guilty of having knee jerk reactions on these boards and tbh I've just had another one...

Look, we have to consider just how young Karius is, it can't be easy coming from a league that is miles off that of the Premiership, add living in a foreign country, adjusting to a different culture, settling in to a new club, new teammates etc,
      His inexperience and expectations are obviously having a negative impact on his confidence,
      We need to just step back and give the lad time,  time to gain the experience and get accustomed to the expectation level of playing for a club our size,

I'm glad Jürgen has took him out of the limelight, he's protecting him not punishing him,
      Kunts like the Neville inbreeds will have hard ons sticking the knife in, or indeed sly sports including Carra, it's easy voicing your vitriol from the TV studio, irrespective of the kind of success you have had or not in some cases,

I had a dig in one post calling for us to go after Joe Hart,  it's arguable whether Joe Hart would make us stronger, imo he's still better than what we have but I don't pick the side, God forbid, I do think tho that Jürgen has to re-evaluate this and perhaps bring in a keeper better than Migs, for me he sees Karius as his No1(long term) , and I can't see Migs hanging around too long after this season,

F**k knows what will happen but fwiw I think we should go bring in a top class keeper,  F**k Achterberg off, perhaps get Pepe back to replace him, I dunno, but something has to change.

YNWA
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #157: Dec 17, 2016 08:30:33 am
      I think when comparing goalies posters should cast their minds back to when Grob took over from Ray Clemence.He was a nightmare and made mistake after mistake,the end result was he didn't turn out too bad after all.Give Karius a chance to get established,
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #158: Dec 18, 2016 06:32:18 pm
      Napoli 5 Torino 3.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #159: Dec 18, 2016 06:54:47 pm

He's the answer alright... ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #160: Dec 18, 2016 07:05:16 pm
      I think when comparing goalies posters should cast their minds back to when Grob took over from Ray Clemence.He was a nightmare and made mistake after mistake,the end result was he didn't turn out too bad after all.Give Karius a chance to get established,

Correct Billy, even the Flying Pig had off days.

Quick Reply