Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Joe Hart - should Liverpool go for him?

Read 18975 times
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Re: Joe Hart - should Liverpool go for him?
      Reply #161: Dec 18, 2016 08:01:05 pm
      Southampton 6 - Man u 3  remember that game?
      Schmeichel  was sh*te wasn't he ?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #162: Dec 18, 2016 08:05:48 pm
      Southampton 6 - Man u 3  remember that game?
      Schmeichel  was sh*te wasn't he ?

I don't follow Man U but... Schmeichel was sh*t that game kiddo allowing in 6 goals...
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #163: Dec 18, 2016 10:21:10 pm

Thanks to a stunning first half performance from Genoa, Juventus found themselves on the end of a 3-0 scoreline after just 45 minutes for the first time since 2005.

Two goals from Giovanni Simeone, son of Atletico manager Diego, and an Alex Sandro own goal ensured The Old Lady suffered their worst half time deficit in over a decade, with Genoa becoming the first team since AC Milan in 2005 to score as many past them in the opening 45 minutes.

Image that Buffon shipping 3 goals in 45 mins Must be a sh*t goal keeper   :roll:
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,632 posts | 765 
      Reply #164: Dec 21, 2016 06:33:07 pm
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #165: Dec 21, 2016 07:32:44 pm
      How old is Karius? The next gen will surely be adept at using  social media, more cultured if you will. They should be at least a generation in front of the pundits. Let them loose I say. If they're inappropriate in their response then deal with it but otherwise let them go. Everyone loved the wisecracks from footballers and managers in the past, now it's all corporate ethics chicanery - a sleight of hand by the pay masters to control monopoly of public opinion.

Gary Neville tried his hand at management, even took a risk to be fair, and gave us no evidence he had any special capacity in this area. As for Phil Neville and Carra they have never demonstrated any special insight, so why should we treat their opinions with anything apart from indifference.

Get Ricky Tomlinson on the payroll to vet/tweak the tweets and just let loose.
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1648 
      Reply #166: Dec 21, 2016 08:02:18 pm
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,182 posts | 533 
      Reply #167: Dec 22, 2016 09:33:48 am
      The only sun I have recognition of or care about, is that big thing in the sky. As for the rag of a newspaper called the sun, I wouldn't wipe my arse with it.
      And that is from a "Norfolk Lad", so god knows how you feel about it on Merseyside. Despicable rag and a waste of good paper.

Rant over, have a good Christmas everyone.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #168: Dec 22, 2016 10:49:42 am
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #169: Dec 22, 2016 10:23:49 pm
      You're a rag posting, ;D boasting, asking for a toasting, ban coasting kinda guy aren't you?
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #170: Dec 23, 2016 01:37:33 am
      Karius is done. He's not 20 anymore and he's too short anyway, and now he has some decent public pressure. Mig is the answer, he played flawless since coming back, that is enough for me. Hart comes from England, so that is direct proof he's not a good goalkeeper^^. I hope Klopp just tries another German.

Let Karius compete with Mig to make him sharp and then trade/cut him next year or the year after that. Again, I have no memory of a goalkeeper that got benched and came back later to be a steady, reliable No. 1 at a top club.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #171: Dec 23, 2016 01:44:04 am
      Karius is done. He's not 20 anymore and he's too short anyway, and now he has some decent public pressure. Mig is the answer, he played flawless since coming back, that is enough for me. Hart comes from England, so that is direct proof he's not a good goalkeeper^^. I hope Klopp just tries another German.

Let Karius compete with Mig to make him sharp and then trade/cut him next year or the year after that. Again, I have no memory of a goalkeeper that got benched and came back later to be a steady, reliable No. 1 at a top club.

De Geah ring a bell ?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #172: Dec 23, 2016 01:52:07 am

He's done? Get a grip of yourself! No he's not 20, he's 23 and in a new league. Give the guy a F***ing break. You're the exact definition of what is wrong with some football fans these days.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #173: Dec 23, 2016 01:58:44 am

You have no memory of a keeper that got benched to come back and be a steady reliable no.1 at a top club.

YOU JUST CALLED MIGNOLET THE ANSWER AND WAS FLAWLESS AFTER HE WAS BENCHED......A FORTNIGHT AGO.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #174: Dec 23, 2016 07:55:38 am

Worst post I have read in ages...
      Jimsouse67

• 9,549 posts | 1495 
      Reply #175: Dec 23, 2016 08:47:17 am

Mate I know it's nearly Christmas  but I recon you should stay off the sherry for a while.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #176: Dec 23, 2016 11:15:54 am
      After 5-3 loss ... kept a clean sheet in 1-0 win against Geneo ... seemingly made a couple of great saves ... the stats are back in favour of a transfer ! :)

Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #177: Dec 23, 2016 07:10:06 pm
      YOU JUST CALLED MIGNOLET THE ANSWER AND WAS FLAWLESS AFTER HE WAS BENCHED......A FORTNIGHT AGO.

Mig isn't our No. 1. He's just there to fix the Karius disaster. Not that I do not hope I am wrong and you are right, but I think I am right and you are wrong^^.

Once Klopp brought in Karius as No. 1 he needed to maintain him as No. 1 for the season no matter what. The young man's confidence is destroyed and he's jinxed. We'll see...but in any way I like Mig and what he brings to the table as of right now!
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #178: Dec 28, 2016 02:56:04 am
      i like hart alot but he is also kind of error prone and has a decent history of it

i think we should look elsewhere personally
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #179: Dec 28, 2016 10:44:28 am
      Carra must have said this yesterday?
      http://www.msn.com/en-ie/sport/premier-league/i-would-go-and-get-him-jamie-carragher-urges-liverpool-boss-klopp-to-sign-new-goalkeeper/ar-BBxCJ4C?li=BBr5KbJ
      Migs has done well since coming in, so this is not quite as topical as has been. Sure, Migs might have saved that header at his near post yesterday, but reckon overall he's done well since coming in, made some decent saves, and settled the back 4 down.
      But .. if he gets injured, or if he hits a run of bad form, we're out of decent options, would not even think about bringing Karius back any time soon.
      So if we can sign Hart in Jan, why not do it? Fair enough if you think Hart is crap, you won't agree - but in that case, what keeper would you sign in January instead, someone we could realistically sign?
      We're OK right now w.r.t. the keeper position, but the ice is thin.
      « Last Edit: Dec 28, 2016 11:05:23 am by bmck »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #180: Dec 28, 2016 11:28:14 am
      If we beat Citeh at the weekend then are 2-1 up against Chelsea in the dying seconds before Migs/Karius let one through their legs, we'll be gutted we didn't buy a keeper. The Joe Hart thing is probably a red herring in any case as they wouldn't sell to us anyway, but we simply MUST be able to find a goalkeeper who is better than either of the ones we have. He doesn't have to be Gianluigi Buffon or Manuel Neuer or David De Gea, he just needs to be able to save stuff on a consistent basis. There must be somebody in the world who can do that surely?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #181: Dec 28, 2016 11:51:20 am
      Yesterday, once again, reitterated the desperate need we're in to sort out the goalkeeping situation once and for all. Those calling for Mignolet's return sure looks like a bunch of mugs now. But people need to remember why Hart was dropped and why Karius was bought. Hart is a keeper in the mold of Mignolet, albeit more talented and less error prone. He likes to kick the ball long. Karius was bought in precisely because he's better with his feet than Mignolet so finding an upgrade on knobhead isn't the solution we need, it's finding an upgrade on Karius.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #182: Dec 28, 2016 12:24:58 pm
      Those calling for Mignolet's return sure looks like a bunch of mugs now.

Three wins in three games (after 1 point from 6), 1 goal conceeded. not sure how you figure that tbh

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #183: Dec 28, 2016 12:38:53 pm
      Three wins in three games (after 1 point from 6), 1 goal conceeded. not sure how you figure that tbh

Yes I must confess I thought that myself. I wasn't one of the people campaigning for Migs' return (I'd have stuck with Karius a bit longer but I'm beginning to think Jürgen was spot on to make the change) but to pretend those who wanted Migs back "look like mugs" is a bit OTT.

Quick Reply