Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Lucas Leiva: Inter Milan Loan

Read 22964 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Lucas Leiva: Inter Milan Loan
      Reply #92: Jan 07, 2017 09:02:27 pm
      Nah man but when I get home I'll take a picture of what a premiership winners trophy looks like. I'll even take with today's copy of the paper if u want.

So don't come at me with you sh*te when your sat at home all day on your laptop. You've never been involved in pro football so your opinion means absolutley f**k all to me

How was I comparing Liverpool to West Brom in giving you a insight what clubs pay you make out like 80000. A week is nothing. I know pivotal players for championship winning sides that weren't even on that. And Rooney is worth every penny of that 300,000 England and man united all time top scorer!!!
      Plus how can you compare Liverpool wage structure to man united? They are on another level wage structure wise up

Who's this dick?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #93: Jan 07, 2017 09:14:35 pm

Why the F**k are you on a forum then? And as for the professional bit, so many former players make so much less sense than some of the best amateurs on here. One of our own, Michael Owen, being chief tit pundit.

Think you may just have unmasked anfieldroad mate!

:lmao: :f_whistle:
      Kopite78
      Reply #94: Jan 07, 2017 09:30:07 pm
      Just ignore the wiff

Attention seeking fantasist

MsGerrard
      Reply #95: Jan 07, 2017 10:52:00 pm

Only the biggest one on the forum by a Country mile  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #96: Jan 07, 2017 10:56:50 pm
      Funny this forum, Your all up clamming..... Jesus hahahahaha
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #97: Jan 07, 2017 11:39:47 pm

*you're
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #98: Jan 07, 2017 11:51:14 pm

Ignore that, what the F**k is up clamming? I hope he doesn't answer and just clams up.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #99: Jan 08, 2017 12:09:08 am

Where is the as you called it 'premier league winners trophy' whatever the F**k that is. Picture and today's paper please like you promised.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #100: Jan 08, 2017 09:08:43 pm
      Where is the as you called it 'premier league winners trophy' whatever the f**k that is. Picture and today's paper please like you promised.

I think you have called his bluff,I have waited patiently for his proof.
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #101: Jan 09, 2017 02:37:56 pm
      Come on lads give him a break he would have been busy playing an FA cup game this weekend!  :lmao:
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #102: Jan 09, 2017 03:38:49 pm
      he too slow lucas very poor player, looking at him try take shot at goal keeper he hit miles wide last nite glad he going in summer
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #103: Jan 09, 2017 03:50:47 pm
      he too slow lucas very poor player, looking at him try take shot at goal keeper he hit miles wide last nite glad he going in summer

His job isn't to score goals.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #104: Jan 09, 2017 10:05:52 pm
      I can't knock his as a Pro he's done everything right way he's trained etc..... But end of the day he isn't a good footballer, our midfield got nit picked by the top teams in Europe and his name was never linked with any of them

Ask yourself why he is leaving now after all this time sat on the bench???? He's 29 he's at his peak of his career and Liverpool won't give him a new contract, why is this??????

[/quote]

People aren't stupid, they know he has lost a couple of yards as a result of some pretty serious injuries and they know he isn't a world beater. However, most have taken exception to the lack of class you have shown in appraising the lad. You're painting him as some sort of albatross around the club's neck? I believe he was voted the fans player of the year two or three years running at one stage, I also believe he led the league in tackles (or was in the top 2 or 3) for several seasons as well. Several managers have not fancied him as a first team starter in recent years but he has always had spells in the season where he has come in, played very well and proved himself a valuable member of the squad. Given the current lack of depth in our squad right now I would prefer to have Lucas waiting in the wings than someone like Kevin Stewart.

Plenty of bile got spouted in Skrtel's direction, particularly last season and that (for me) was similarly lacking in class, particularly given that we are a fan base that is known to have a respectful attitude towards our players, especially those who have worn the shirt for a long time and been 100% committed to the cause (if not 100% talented).
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #105: Jan 10, 2017 03:48:33 pm
      I've lost count on how many times when we're closing games out, I'd tell myself "now it's time we need a Lucas to win us the game". He may not score to give us the points, but he helps us not to drop points, which is important in a way.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #106: Jan 10, 2017 04:16:28 pm
      I've lost count on how many times when we're closing games out, I'd tell myself "now it's time we need a Lucas to win us the game". He may not score to give us the points, but he helps us not to drop points, which is important in a way.

And I've lost count of the number of times when closing a game out he gives away a free kick on the edge of the area, which does my blood pressure no bloody good at all!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #107: Jan 10, 2017 05:40:40 pm
      And I've lost count of the number of times when closing a game out he gives away a free kick on the edge of the area, which does my blood pressure no bloody good at all!

I lost count of how many times the free kick was given but it wasn't a foul.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #108: Jan 11, 2017 10:11:08 pm
      I lost count of how many times the free kick was given but it wasn't a foul.

No that one wasn't a foul but plenty of times before it has been. Completely agree  with hiemdall on this one. Scares the crap out of me when he comes on as a late sub.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #109: Jan 11, 2017 10:28:14 pm
      No that one wasn't a foul but plenty of times before it has been. Completely agree  with hiemdall on this one. Scares the crap out of me when he comes on as a late sub.

Mate he is even more scarier when he starts.

It's  shocking for a team like LFC to be starting with the likes of Lucas and before any one mentions I have been a huge fan of him in the past.
      It is no great surprise that we had more counter attacks in this game than probably all the other ones added together.

Lucas on the ball is still a decent player but off the ball he is just horrible.

« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2017 11:01:17 pm by HScRed1 »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #110: Jan 12, 2017 04:05:53 pm
      Not sure what to make of this.

Are you saying you are a former pro footballer with a Premier League winners medal?

Or you support another team who has won the Premier League since it was created?

Either way there's one thing you can be guaranteed Si... the lad is severely lacking in the self awareness stakes.  :laugh:

Sad really.

On Lucas - no problem if he goes and we replace him with better (on and off the field) 😉
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2017 04:18:37 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #111: Jan 12, 2017 06:11:00 pm
      Stupid point to make. Good players don't give away free kicks foul or no foul. As soon as you stick a leg out, contact or no contact somebody is going to go down. Lucas looks like he does the hokey pokey more than defending.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #112: Jan 13, 2017 06:08:49 am
      Always liked Lucas.
      Been a great servant on and off the pitch.
      Had a few dodgy spells but always seems to put the team above and beyond himself.
      But having said that, the Southampton game has shown me that his best years, as a midfielder are well behind him. He just hasn't got the legs anymore to deal with the English game. In defense he has been fine if we are in a pinch but I can fully see him moving on. Just hope that it is at the end of the season with a medal or 3!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #113: Jan 13, 2017 01:16:04 pm
      Lucas Best years are behind him obv. But I don't think letting him go in this window makes sence.

He will go in the summer.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #114: Jan 13, 2017 01:20:10 pm
      Lucas Best years are behind him obv. But I don't think letting him go in this window makes sence.

He will go in the summer.
      Thinking like that is the reason teams don't win the league. We aren't that far behind Chelsea. If we went and got a beast of a DM, which is entirely possible whilst 2nd in the league, we might just win the league. Continue with Lucas and top 4 is in doubt.

Quick Reply