Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Lucas Leiva: Inter Milan Loan

Read 22953 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,522 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Lucas Leiva: Inter Milan Loan
      Reply #115: Jan 13, 2017 01:24:57 pm
      Thinking like that is the reason teams don't win the league. We aren't that far behind Chelsea. If we went and got a beast of a DM and won the league you would be saying thank goodness we didn't continue with Lucas for the rest of the season. Instead it could be, what good player will want to be in Europa league. Sadly having a good DM can make that much of a difference from 1st to 5th. I guess we should just give away 12-15 points needlessly with Lucas then  ???

WOW, negativity of the highest order there pal. ;D   Not letting Lucas go will cost us the league. ;D.

Lucas is cover, and has been covering at CB not Midfield, Wednesday night was his 1st outing in MF for a long time.

Not even sure we have 100% holding MF in the squad, and not even sure Klopp would play with 1, all his players are flexible and can play in different positions.

We have struggled without Hendo defo. It would have been a good time for Gruic to show what he's made of, but he's Injured as well.

Can as well should have stepped up, he has been a disappointment in Hendo's absence.

I can definitely see Klopp adding another top MF in the summer, but during this window it's doubtful if anyone is available at any reasonable price, and that's say £40mill and under.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,204 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #116: Jan 13, 2017 01:28:11 pm
      We all love Lucas but sentiment wont win us anything. He was dreadful on Wednesday and was found for pace. If he goes so be it
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #117: Jan 13, 2017 01:28:56 pm
      WOW, negativity of the highest order there pal. ;D   Not letting Lucas go will cost us the league. ;D.

Lucas is cover, and has been covering at CB not Midfield, Wednesday night was his 1st outing in MF for a long time.

Not even sure we have 100% holding MF in the squad, and not even sure Klopp would play with 1, all his players are flexible and can play in different positions.

We have struggled without Hendo defo. It would have been a good time for Gruic to show what he's made of, but he's Injured as well.

Can as well should have stepped up, he has been a disappointment in Hendo's absence.

I can definitely see Klopp adding another top MF in the summer, but during this window it's doubtful if anyone is available at any reasonable price, and that's say £40mill and under.
      I edited it since then, same message but shortened. Anyway, the thing is we need another DM! A GOOD ONE. If we get a good one then Lucas won't be getting any football at Liverpool and the 80k a week or whatever he is on is just money in the bin! If Lucas stays we won't be getting an upgrade. Right now we are in a great position and need to build on that. Can has been disappointing the last few games but Lucas has been disappointing throughout the time at Liverpool, but Can has time to improve where Lucas just isn't going to get better. Lucas shouldn't be cover when we are going for to four. Lucas is okay cover at mid table.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,522 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #118: Jan 13, 2017 01:29:51 pm
      If Lucas want's to go, its up to him at the end of the day.

Italy would be perfect for him IMO.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #119: Jan 13, 2017 01:30:08 pm
      WOW, negativity of the highest order there pal. ;D

That's the key, which I've highlighted.
      I think it goes back to the Rafa days when he introduced new systems/positions etc and now everyone seems to be wedded to the idea of fixed positions.
      Klopp simply doesn't play like that; he trusts his players enough so that if the deepest steps up, either a FB or CM drops deeper or across to cover.
      Same when Lovren steps out.
      The players are constantly interchanging, and it is this, as much as the pace and intensity of attacks that unsettles opponents.

The lack of people who understand this on a football forum is worrying.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #120: Jan 13, 2017 01:38:22 pm
      If Lucas want's to go, its up to him at the end of the day.

Italy would be perfect for him IMO.
      It is not only upto him, Klopp must have told him if he stays he won't play much... he is not competing for a place he is just backup of the backup.  What you should have is 1 first place and 1 or 2 players competing for that same spot. Can should be 2nd to a first team player not Lucas 2nd to Can.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,522 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #121: Jan 14, 2017 02:48:40 pm
      Lucas has only played in MF once this season, he is CB backup now, he has admitted he now prefers playing there.

So if he leaves he is not opening a MF spot up in the squad its defensive one. hence probably no new MF players coming.

Id say klopps priority is another pacey winger if available.

If lucas goes, it means more Gametime for Gomez.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #122: Jan 17, 2017 02:49:27 pm
      Lucas has only played in MF once this season, he is CB backup now, he has admitted he now prefers playing there.

So if he leaves he is not opening a MF spot up in the squad its defensive one. hence probably no new MF players coming.

Id say klopps priority is another pacey winger if available.

If lucas goes, it means more Gametime for Gomez.

With Matip's eligibility in question, I doubt we'll allow Lucas to leave, even if we do have Gomez. One's a seasoned pro, the other an untested kid. It might have been a different story if not for the Matip debacle but considering were we are, I can't see him leaving before the Summer. That's fine, give the lad the testimonial he deserves and allow him to find first team action elsewhere then. Would be a great end to a great servant of the club.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #123: Jan 17, 2017 06:48:47 pm
      With Matip's eligibility in question, I doubt we'll allow Lucas to leave, even if we do have Gomez. One's a seasoned pro, the other an untested kid. It might have been a different story if not for the Matip debacle but considering were we are, I can't see him leaving before the Summer. That's fine, give the lad the testimonial he deserves and allow him to find first team action elsewhere then. Would be a great end to a great servant of the club.

These days when a player has a testimonial match put on for him, does the money go to the player or to a charity of his choosing?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #124: Jan 17, 2017 06:52:15 pm
      These days when a player has a testimonial match put on for him, does the money go to the player or to a charity of his choosing?

Usually their charity or a charity of their choosing Rob.  Long gone are the days where a player needs the cash raised from a testimonial to make ends meet  ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #125: Jan 17, 2017 06:55:06 pm
      Usually their charity or a charity of their choosing Rob.  Long gone are the days where a player needs the cash raised from a testimonial to make ends meet  ;D

Exactly Debs.

Interested to see if they would put one on for Lucas if he leaves this summer. I DO hope he stays for the remainder of the season, mind.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #126: Jan 17, 2017 07:23:21 pm
      Exactly Debs.

Interested to see if they would put one on for Lucas if he leaves this summer. I DO hope he stays for the remainder of the season, mind.

We usually do mate or at least we've normally done them for 10 years service.  Not many stay that long though, Stevie, Carra and Sami were the last ones I remember reaching 10 years but we never had a testimonial for Sami  :( 

We were in a bit of turmoil at the club in 2009 though. 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #127: Jan 17, 2017 08:18:11 pm
      We usually do mate or at least we've normally done them for 10 years service.  Not many stay that long though, Stevie, Carra and Sami were the last ones I remember reaching 10 years but we never had a testimonial for Sami  :( 

We were in a bit of turmoil at the club in 2009 though. 

Bit gutted for Sami, fully deserved a testimonial.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #128: Jan 17, 2017 09:00:14 pm
      Bit gutted for Sami, fully deserved a testimonial.

Absolutely he did mate.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #129: Jan 18, 2017 04:02:18 pm

Current owners ought to right that wrong. They could find an appropriate time, pre-season even, and do it up with promotion of the charity and all that. Be a brill PR move for them as well. Sami's not the type to moan about it, but somebody with influence ought to bring it up.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #130: Jan 18, 2017 07:59:38 pm
      Current owners ought to right that wrong. They could find an appropriate time, pre-season even, and do it up with promotion of the charity and all that. Be a brill PR move for them as well. Sami's not the type to moan about it, but somebody with influence ought to bring it up.

Agreed mate but not sure it'll happen now as it's 8 years since he left.  Where has that time gone  ???

Quick Reply