Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Lucas Leiva: Inter Milan Loan

Read 22947 times
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,439 posts | 1465 
      Re: Lucas Leiva: Inter Milan Loan
      Reply #23: Dec 30, 2016 01:24:12 pm
      Agree with the majority of the posts on this thread especially the one by @billy1 Which pretty much sums up my sentiments regarding Lucas.
      I would certainly keep him until at least the summer despite some of the free  kicks he gives away & the odd penalty the man is much more than that & can still do a job for the reds in my honest opinion & if there is one player you can depend on to give 110% it is Lucas leiva so for me I hope we give the loan deal & wide bearth.
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2016 08:44:36 pm by Jimsouse67 »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #24: Dec 30, 2016 07:14:44 pm
      We must have someone lined up to come in now, or maybe Mama has been forgiven?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #25: Dec 30, 2016 10:52:51 pm
      If he does go out on loan, does that mean he misses out on his Testamonial? Thought I read somewhere that he was very close to being here for 10 years???
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #26: Dec 30, 2016 10:54:16 pm
      If he does go out on loan, does that mean he misses out on his Testamonial? Thought I read somewhere that he was very close to being here for 10 years???

I was wondering that.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27: Dec 30, 2016 11:20:02 pm
      I would have thought so yeah. He'd have been here 10 years this summer. It was one of the reasons why I thought he might turn down a possible move but then again there's also no guarantee he'll get a testimonial, Hyypia didn't get his.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #28: Dec 30, 2016 11:47:27 pm
      Does seem a strange one as Lucas is serving two roles in our squad right now. He's back up for the holding role and the go to guy when we're shutting up shop. He's also the 4th choice CB and considering Lovren often picks up small niggles and Mama is now carrying a knock the 4th choice guy is likely to get a decent amount of game time.

Will the midfield role fall to Stewart and the CB one to Gomez. While I think Stewart is decent I don't think he's on Lucas' level and Gomez, while a top prospect, obviously needs games to get anywhere near back to match sharpness.

I wouldn't loan him out, especially not to an Italian side. In fact the moment I heard an Italian side telephone us enquiring about any of our players I'd immediately hang up, nothing but a head ache those lot.
      newguy
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #29: Dec 31, 2016 03:10:50 am
      Inter Milan has reached an agreement for the sell of Felipe Melo pending medical to Palmeiras..
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #30: Dec 31, 2016 10:28:32 am
      Lucas Leiva has reportedly undergone a medical with Inter Milan & is set to sign on loan for the club. (SkySports Italia)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #31: Dec 31, 2016 09:45:40 pm
      Lucas Leiva has reportedly undergone a medical with Inter Milan & is set to sign on loan for the club. (SkySports Italia)

You'd think if that was true, he wouldn't have seen any game time yesterday???
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #32: Jan 01, 2017 12:44:48 am
      Think we saw our last appearance by Lucas in a Liverpool shirt yesterday.

Best of luck in Italy Lucas you were a wonderful servant to the club.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #33: Jan 01, 2017 06:46:30 am
      How the f**k did he have 10 years at Anfield? It Must show how piss poor we've been because he is absolutely scrap
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #34: Jan 01, 2017 07:52:35 am
      This is a ridiculous move at this point of the season unless we have a replacement lined up.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #35: Jan 01, 2017 08:30:02 am
      How the f**k did he have 10 years at Anfield? It Must show how piss poor we've been because he is absolutely scrap

Congratulations,you are the first poster I have seen who has described Lucas as crap.We have had managers come and go over 10 years but Lucas has stayed the course and deservedly so.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #36: Jan 01, 2017 10:49:13 am
      I think this will maybe put on hold if Hendo is out for a spell.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #37: Jan 01, 2017 12:02:33 pm
      Great that Jürgen isn't taking any sh*t from the Italians and their dodgy as F**k deals for our players.  Sure he'll let him leave but only if the terms are right for everyone concerned.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lucas-could-remain-liverpool-despite-12391494?service=responsive#ICID=sharebar_twitter
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38: Jan 01, 2017 12:10:37 pm
      About time somebody grew a pair when it comes to dealing with Italian clubs. Sick of us bending over for them for the past God knows how many years.
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #39: Jan 01, 2017 01:23:53 pm

Totally agree with this post in absolutely no way what so ever, are you Robbie Savage?

Lucas had been one of our most steady players for a few seasons before his last serious injury. His passing and tackling were among the best in the league. Despite a very shaky start to his Anfield career ( anyone remember him being booed at home when coming on instead of Alonso? Disgusting from any red 'fan') he stayed the course and fought for his right to be here. In my eyes he remains an important part of the squad due to his experience.

But if he goes, he will leave with my best wishes and thanks!
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #40: Jan 01, 2017 01:48:05 pm

You'd think if that was true, he wouldn't have seen any game time yesterday???

With technology these days, e-medical.  :action-smiley-035:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #41: Jan 01, 2017 03:02:45 pm
      Jürgen said [earlier] that no first team squad member would be leaving this January - "There is absolutely no thought or idea to sell any player from the first team squad. I don’t think it would make sense. "

I'm sure he meant it.  ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #42: Jan 01, 2017 08:06:31 pm

Are you for real  >:( Lucas has shown nothing but loyalty to LFC in the 10 years he's been here, asked to play in all sorts of positions without so much of a murmur, got on with the job in hand under several different managers and very much against a partizan crowd in the early days, he's nurtured the youngsters and does so much for the local community, yes, he's made mistakes in games, you show me a players who hasn't.

He deserves a bloody medal if you ask me, Lucas Leiva, loyal to the core.
      I sincerely hope he stays, we need his level headedness and maturity in the dressing room, I'm sure the likes of Woodburn, Trent Arnold and other youngsters look up to the likes of Lucas........and he can still do a job on the pitch too.

And by the way if you want a scrap, i'll give you one !!!  :mad:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #43: Jan 01, 2017 10:09:48 pm
      Are you for real  >:( Lucas has shown nothing but loyalty to LFC in the 10 years he's been here, asked to play in all sorts of positions without so much of a murmur, got on with the job in hand under several different managers and very much against a partizan crowd in the early days, he's nurtured the youngsters and does so much for the local community, yes, he's made mistakes in games, you show me a players who hasn't.

I sincerely hope he stays, we need his level headedness and maturity in the dressing room, I'm sure the likes of Woodburn, Trent Arnold and other youngsters look up to the likes of Lucas........and he can still do a job on the pitch too.

Absolutely spot on Cas. We lose much than just a player if he leaves and while that side of things is easy to forget when you're just tuning in for the match it is an invaluable asset. Many of our younger players may not realise just how good they've got it until he's not around anymore, that approachable, level headed, loyal to the core attitude is rare these days.

Thankfully in Hendo I do believe we have another person who would go out of their way to help the other members of the squad but for my money I think Lucas would be the guy most would have turned to.

There are very few blokes around with an attitude that could hold a candle to Lucas' and I'll miss him when he leaves, which fortunately is sounding more and more like it probably will be this month.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #44: Jan 01, 2017 10:19:23 pm
      Absolutely spot on Cas. We lose much than just a player if he leaves and while that side of things is easy to forget when you're just tuning in for the match it is an invaluable asset. Many of our younger players may not realise just how good they've got it until he's not around anymore, that approachable, level headed, loyal to the core attitude is rare these days.

Thankfully in Hendo I do believe we have another person who would go out of their way to help the other members of the squad but for my money I think Lucas would be the guy most would have turned to.

There are very few blokes around with an attitude that could hold a candle to Lucas' and I'll miss him when he leaves, which fortunately is sounding more and more like it probably will be this month.

Absolutely hun, the trouble is, people don't look at the bigger picture, they just use any excuse to shoot a player down that they don't particularly like, we as true fans realise Lucas true value.

Nuff said eh !!
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #45: Jan 01, 2017 10:21:08 pm

Quick Reply