Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Lucas Leiva: Inter Milan Loan

Read 22956 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Re: Lucas Leiva: Inter Milan Loan
      Reply #46: Jan 01, 2017 10:56:46 pm
      Lucas great professional and loyal as you get in this day and age but let's not kid our selves he is no replacement if Hendo is out for any length of time.

There is a reason Klopp is willing to let him go.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #47: Jan 02, 2017 02:08:41 am
      Lucas is sh*te, he has shown loyalty?
      More like no other club will give him the wages we pay.
      He has been at Liverpool for 10 years and in them 10 years we have rarely been any better than a mediocre top half team. He gets and got no where near the first 11 for any Liverpool manager he played under he was just happy to be a squad player.
      We had our spine of our team picked away by europes elite there is a reason he remained with us.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #48: Jan 02, 2017 03:10:17 am
      There is a reason Klopp is willing to let him go.

Yes:

Klopp had previously said that no members of the first-team squad would leave in January but he views Lucas as a 'special case'.

The Reds boss believes his decade of service to Liverpool and the manner in which he put the club first last summer means it would be wrong to stand in his way if the right move comes up.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lucas-could-remain-liverpool-despite-12391494

Loyalty, so rare in football now that it seems some can't even recognise it (referrencing the poster above, not yourself HSc).
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #49: Jan 02, 2017 06:24:23 am
      He has been at Liverpool for 10 years and in them 10 years we have rarely been any better than a mediocre top half team. He gets and got no where near the first 11 for any Liverpool manager he played under he was just happy to be a squad player.
      We had our spine of our team picked away by europes elite there is a reason he remained with us.
      I find it strange that not one poster has come out in support of your theory  about Lucas being useless.Could it be that you are 100% wrong in your opinion of Lucas.Also those managers you mention,is it not possible that they saw something in Lucas that your trained eye has missed.

anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #50: Jan 02, 2017 09:41:48 am
      I find it strange that not one poster has come out in support of your theory  about Lucas being useless.Could it be that you are 100% wrong in your opinion of Lucas.Also those managers you mention,is it not possible that they saw something in Lucas that your trained eye has missed.

The man is on 80 grand a week and averages 20 appearances a season 80% by substitution.

He's 29 years old he should be still in his peak, so why are we getting rid? He's only leaving because he's been told his contract will not be renewed in the summer.

Oh yeh and just look at the clubs linked with him some mid table serie a teams and the usual Turkish bunch.

He screams quality doesn't he. I couldn't care if anyone agreed with what I say on here, why would I crave someone else satisfaction?? My opinion and I won't change it and
      I defo won't change it because some of the bums who have got nothing else to do in life sit on here all day dont agree.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #51: Jan 02, 2017 09:44:42 am
      He has been at Liverpool for 10 years and in them 10 years we have rarely been any better than a mediocre top half team.
      This is a valid enough observation but to be honest, only a halfwit would suggest that this was down to Lucas: you aren't suggesting it was, are you?

He gets and got no where near the first 11 for any Liverpool manager he played under he was just happy to be a squad player.

That's not really true tho; is it? He's played over 325 times in those nine seasons fella [spent practically a whole season out after a really serious injury] but all Reds fans already know that: you must have just forgot; eh?

Why, in your honest opinion, did successive managers pick the lad so many times if he was sh*te?

Listen; I get that you don't rate the lad and that's fair enough (after all this forum is littered with posts from folk who went to town on Hendo, for e.g.) but like those fans you have to understand that these lads do not pick themselves. They get their place down to managers...

... You don't like to see them play? Don't be a lily-livered, coward: have the balls to call the managers out for picking them.  ;)

In this case - Rafa, Hodgson, King Kenny, Brendan and Jürgen. All of which know more than me and (possibly) you buddy.  :D

Anyhows... have yourself a happy, healthy and wealthy new year.  8)

MsGerrard
      Reply #52: Jan 02, 2017 01:15:54 pm
      This is a valid enough observation but to be honest, only a halfwit would suggest that this was down to Lucas: you aren't suggesting it was, are you?

That's not really true tho; is it? He's played over 325 times in those nine seasons fella [spent practically a whole season out after a really serious injury] but all Reds fans already know that: you must have just forgot; eh?

Why, in your honest opinion, did successive managers pick the lad so many times if he was sh*te?

Listen; I get that you don't rate the lad and that's fair enough (after all this forum is littered with posts from folk who went to town on Hendo, for e.g.) but like those fans you have to understand that these lads do not pick themselves. They get their place down to managers...

... You don't like to see them play? Don't be a lily-livered, coward: have the balls to call the managers out for picking them.  ;)

In this case - Rafa, Hodgson, King Kenny, Brendan and Jürgen. All of which know more than me and (possibly) you buddy.  :D

Anyhows... have yourself a happy, healthy and wealthy new year.  8)

And that is a truly boss post indeed  :)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #53: Jan 02, 2017 01:35:56 pm
      How the f**k did he have 10 years at Anfield? It Must show how piss poor we've been because he is absolutely scrap

Think you bern watching the wrong player, or you're perhaps not very well maybe 🤢
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #54: Jan 02, 2017 01:39:41 pm
      The man is on 80 grand a week and averages 20 appearances a season 80% by substitution.

He's 29 years old he should be still in his peak, so why are we getting rid? He's only leaving because he's been told his contract will not be renewed in the summer.

Oh yeh and just look at the clubs linked with him some mid table serie a teams and the usual Turkish bunch.

He screams quality doesn't he. I couldn't care if anyone agreed with what I say on here, why would I crave someone else satisfaction?? My opinion and I won't change it and
      I defo won't change it because some of the bums who have got nothing else to do in life sit on here all day dont agree.

So just because Real Madrid or Barcelona don't want to buy him makes him a sh*te player?

The fact you posted something in public says that you did in some way want someone to agree with you, so yea you do 'crave satisfaction' in a way.

Also while you have the right to your opinion, don't go saying people are 'bums' for posting on a forum because you're on the same bloody forum!

Lucas has been a great servant for the club, he's the closest thing to a local the team has that makes more than a cameo appearance now. He seems like a locker room leader and would be a big miss for the team.

I certainly won't forget the years under Rafa in particular when he was a wonderful player. Injuries held him back unfortunately and he looks like the oldest 29 year old on the planet when you see him move around now. Wish him all the best.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #55: Jan 02, 2017 01:48:16 pm

So Lucas alone was the cause of our mediocre performances over the last 10 years was he ?
      I seem to remember plenty of games where he was outstanding and motm.
      Gave away the occasional free kick or pen, but that's what goes with the territory when you play in the positions he played for us.
      To suggest he was crap for 10 years is delusional.
      Think you might be the sort of bloke who posts crap, just to see what response you can get.

'Oh look, everyone's posting on my comments, see how popular I am'

Everyone's entitled to an opinion on anything, but please, try to keep it realistic !
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #56: Jan 02, 2017 02:35:23 pm
      Great pro, we would be mad to let him go in January, no problem with him leaving in the summer for more first team football, his loyalty and unselfish attitude should be applauded.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #57: Jan 02, 2017 03:25:56 pm
      The fact he got a game just shows how bad we where :mad:
      He struggled to get a regular game in a medeiocre football team (with the exception of a few seasons)
      The fact he's allowed to leave at his peak of his careers show how good he is.

The fact he averages 20 appearences a season shows how good he is.

Not one of the top clubs in world football has come in for him.

His market value shows how good he really he is.

Anyways irrespective if you rate as a footballer or not it's F***ing laughable to listen to you idiots go on when ya haven't the faintest idea about football.
      Just another load of gullible fans "oh he so loyal"
      F**k of.... he's sat there on 80 grand a week not a chance he would get that anywhere else!!! Fact!!!
      Why is it the man who's on 80 thousand pound a week would want to suddenly leave?
      Why? Because he is in the final 6 months of his contract he has been told it isn't getting renewed, so F**k off with ya loyalty sh*te.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #58: Jan 02, 2017 06:18:30 pm
      The fact he got a game just shows how bad we where :mad:
      He struggled to get a regular game in a medeiocre football team (with the exception of a few seasons)
      The fact he's allowed to leave at his peak of his careers show how good he is.

The fact he averages 20 appearences a season shows how good he is.

Not one of the top clubs in world football has come in for him.

His market value shows how good he really he is.

Anyways irrespective if you rate as a footballer or not it's F***ing laughable to listen to you idiots go on when ya haven't the faintest idea about football.
      Just another load of gullible fans "oh he so loyal"
      F**k of.... he's sat there on 80 grand a week not a chance he would get that anywhere else!!! Fact!!!
      Why is it the man who's on 80 thousand pound a week would want to suddenly leave?
      Why? Because he is in the final 6 months of his contract he has been told it isn't getting renewed, so f**k off with ya loyalty sh*te.

Take your problem elsewhere then, nobody is asking you to listen to people's opinions on here or any other forum for that matter.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #59: Jan 03, 2017 12:11:32 am

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #60: Jan 03, 2017 06:52:49 pm
      Are you for real  >:( Lucas has shown nothing but loyalty to LFC in the 10 years he's been here, asked to play in all sorts of positions without so much of a murmur, got on with the job in hand under several different managers and very much against a partizan crowd in the early days, he's nurtured the youngsters and does so much for the local community, yes, he's made mistakes in games, you show me a players who hasn't.

He deserves a bloody medal if you ask me, Lucas Leiva, loyal to the core.
      I sincerely hope he stays, we need his level headedness and maturity in the dressing room, I'm sure the likes of Woodburn, Trent Arnold and other youngsters look up to the likes of Lucas........and he can still do a job on the pitch too.

And by the way if you want a scrap, i'll give you one !!!  :mad:
      Nail on the head MsG, Lucas has always been under valued from his first days and even now from f***in no marks like anfieldroad,
      If 10 yrs isn't loyalty then I don't know what is,
      Lucas Leiva's contribution to LFC has been nothing short of fantastic, and like you say his experiences are invaluable especially to the youngsters,

To be honest I'd love it if Lucas were to stay at the club even after hanging up his boots.

YNWA
      MsGerrard
      Reply #61: Jan 03, 2017 07:01:47 pm
      Nail on the head MsG, Lucas has always been under valued from his first days and even now from f***in no marks like anfieldroad,
      If 10 yrs isn't loyalty then I don't know what is,
      Lucas Leiva's contribution to LFC has been nothing short of fantastic, and like you say his experiences are invaluable especially to the youngsters,

To be honest I'd love it if Lucas were to stay at the club even after hanging up his boots.

YNWA

Absolutely hun, he's one of us, an adopted Scouser and I can't give him a better accolade than that  :scarf:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #62: Jan 03, 2017 10:37:25 pm
      I think he will do a lot better in Italy. He could be a good DM for some time there. PL is just too fast for him to excel for a top 4 team and he just kicks everyone over. He is loyal to Liverpool yes, but doesn't mean we have to put up with conceding insane free kicks. This is not knee Jerk, I said it for a long time. Lucas has always hovered around the barely acceptable level. Had we not got rid of Alonso or Mash, he would have ended up at Stoke or Italy a long time ago. As long is Millan pay 100% of his wages, I would rather off load him and get somebody else in that role.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #63: Jan 04, 2017 10:07:19 am
      Lucas probably getting to the end of his usefulness at Liverpool now. Mainly due to his age and lack of pace for the type of football we now play.
      To say he has always been crap is clearly from someone who hasn't  watched to much of Liverpool over the last 10 years.
      Good luck with your move Lucas, where ever it may be, and thanks for your loyal service and the memories.
      We will however need cover for that defensive mid role when he goes.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #64: Jan 05, 2017 07:02:12 pm
      F**k me heard how the F**k you've gone on on here. He's loyal lmfaoo

He sat on 80 grand a week for the last 4/5 years

Always been a bit part player now he decides to leave. Why because his contract is up in the summer and he won't get a new one. Now every one shouts he's loyal and how quality he was..... Jesus!!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #65: Jan 05, 2017 07:14:57 pm
      F**k me heard how the f**k you've gone on on here. He's loyal lmfaoo

Always been a bit part player now he decides to leave. Why because his contract is up in the summer and he won't get a new one. Now every one shouts he's loyal and how quality he was..... Jesus!!!

Well I doubt he's leaving for the money as no way an Italian club will be matching his so called 80k a week.
      Maybe he just wants to play regular football?

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #66: Jan 06, 2017 12:09:07 am
      F**k me heard how the F**k you've gone on on here. He's loyal lmfaoo

If you knew anything about Lucas or Liverpool you'd know he loves Liverpool the club and the city, he's probably the closest to Scouse the team has right now. The way his peers speak of him shows him to be a constant professional and a good man to have around the club. The work he's done for charity is wonderful and he's kept a lot of it local to Liverpool too.

You act surprised he's on 80 grand a week. He's a premier league footballer you nonce, did you expect him to be on the national living wage? Of course he's going to be earning tens of thousands of pounds a week, they all are!

I can remember years ago when he first arrived he was a good player but seen as such a scapegoat. The man was booed at games! Booed! Very rare that happens. He's had to earn every single penny of that 80 grand a week because it didn't come easy. Eventually after months and years of rattling on from myself, 7-kk-7, crouchinho and others, people did see the light and realised we've got a real good player on our hands here. I only wish he didn't have the knee issues, because he would no doubt still be in the first team if he didn't.

Look, no one is saying he should be in the first team. No one is saying he's world class. No one is even saying he shouldn't be sold. But you're the only one going out of your way to try and make a mockery out of him. He's one of our own, catch yourself on.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #67: Jan 06, 2017 01:09:17 am
      If you knew anything about Lucas or Liverpool you'd know he loves Liverpool the club and the city, he's probably the closest to Scouse the team has right now. The way his peers speak of him shows him to be a constant professional and a good man to have around the club. The work he's done for charity is wonderful and he's kept a lot of it local to Liverpool too.

You act surprised he's on 80 grand a week. He's a premier league footballer you nonce, did you expect him to be on the national living wage? Of course he's going to be earning tens of thousands of pounds a week, they all are!

I can remember years ago when he first arrived he was a good player but seen as such a scapegoat. The man was booed at games! Booed! Very rare that happens. He's had to earn every single penny of that 80 grand a week because it didn't come easy. Eventually after months and years of rattling on from myself, 7-kk-7, crouchinho and others, people did see the light and realised we've got a real good player on our hands here. I only wish he didn't have the knee issues, because he would no doubt still be in the first team if he didn't.

Look, no one is saying he should be in the first team. No one is saying he's world class. No one is even saying he shouldn't be sold. But you're the only one going out of your way to try and make a mockery out of him. He's one of our own, catch yourself on.

I couldn't have put it better myself.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #68: Jan 06, 2017 02:51:48 pm
      Is it nailed on that he's leaving? Unless he himself has stated he wants out, I hope we make a point to keep him, for many reasons already expressed here. Just because he's not Beckenbauer/Zidane doesn't mean he can't play an important role here and there are some things he brings to the squad that would be very hard to replace.

As I say, I hope he stays.

Quick Reply