Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Lucas Leiva: Inter Milan Loan

Read 22914 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Lucas Leiva: Inter Milan Loan
      Reply #69: Jan 06, 2017 04:32:58 pm
      Think he will be hear for another 6 months at least, esp. with Hendo picking up an injury, and Matip looks injurty prone, so lucas is still a vital member of teh squad, who will get plenty games over the coming months.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #70: Jan 06, 2017 04:52:31 pm
      Think he will be hear for another 6 months at least, esp. with Hendo picking up an injury, and Matip looks injurty prone, so lucas is still a vital member of teh squad, who will get plenty games over the coming months.

Hope he doesn't get many games otherwise we are in trouble relying on a second teamer.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #71: Jan 07, 2017 11:10:39 am
      If you knew anything about Lucas or Liverpool you'd know he loves Liverpool the club and the city, he's probably the closest to Scouse the team has right now. The way his peers speak of him shows him to be a constant professional and a good man to have around the club. The work he's done for charity is wonderful and he's kept a lot of it local to Liverpool too.

You act surprised he's on 80 grand a week. He's a premier league footballer you nonce, did you expect him to be on the national living wage? Of course he's going to be earning tens of thousands of pounds a week, they all are!

I can remember years ago when he first arrived he was a good player but seen as such a scapegoat. The man was booed at games! Booed! Very rare that happens. He's had to earn every single penny of that 80 grand a week because it didn't come easy. Eventually after months and years of rattling on from myself, 7-kk-7, crouchinho and others, people did see the light and realised we've got a real good player on our hands here. I only wish he didn't have the knee issues, because he would no doubt still be in the first team if he didn't.

Look, no one is saying he should be in the first team. No one is saying he's world class. No one is even saying he shouldn't be sold. But you're the only one going out of your way to try and make a mockery out of him. He's one of our own, catch yourself on.

Man you aint got a single F***ing clue about pro football. £80,000 a week is not a staple pay for any footballer in the premiership especially a bit part player, there are a elite few who earn that. Tottenham's  top wage is 100,000 a week max, your top earner at teams like West Brom is about £40,000 a week don't start coming to me and telling me about professional football clubs and how they ran until you've played it.

Liverpool are renowned in football for paying ridiculous wages especially to average player. How do you think the club attract players?Over for the past 25 years we probably average at around a 6th place finish in premier league table, with the odd successful seasons

Plus het got that contract about 4 years ago when money was less than its current value.

I can't knock his as a Pro he's done everything right way he's trained etc..... But end of the day he isn't a good footballer, our midfield got nit picked by the top teams in Europe and his name was never linked with any of them

Ask yourself why he is leaving now after all this time sat on the bench???? He's 29 he's at his peak of his career and Liverpool won't give him a new contract, why is this??????
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #72: Jan 07, 2017 11:22:24 am
      Man you aint got a single f**king clue about pro football. £80,000 a week is not a staple pay for any footballer in the premiership especially a bit part player, there are a elite few who earn that. Tottenham's  top wage is 100,000 a week max, your top earner at teams like West Brom is about £40,000 a week don't start coming to me and telling me about professional football clubs and how they ran until you've played it.

Liverpool are renowned in football for paying ridiculous wages especially to average player. How do you think the club attract players?Over for the past 25 years we probably average at around a 6th place finish in premier league table, with the odd successful seasons

Plus het got that contract about 4 years ago when money was less than its current value.

I can't knock his as a Pro he's done everything right way he's trained etc..... But end of the day he isn't a good footballer, our midfield got nit picked by the top teams in Europe and his name was never linked with any of them

Ask yourself why he is leaving now after all this time sat on the bench???? He's 29 he's at his peak of his career and Liverpool won't give him a new contract, why is this??????

I agree ultimately bar a 6 month purple patch under KK he's possibly been one of the worst players in our recent history. The number of lazy fouls he concedes is diabolical. Being a good character doesn't merit the contract he is on he's been stealing a wage for years
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #73: Jan 07, 2017 11:53:09 am
      Man you aint got a single F***ing clue about pro football. £80,000 a week is not a staple pay for any footballer in the premiership especially a bit part player, there are a elite few who earn that. Tottenham's  top wage is 100,000 a week max, your top earner at teams like West Brom is about £40,000 a week don't start coming to me and telling me about professional football clubs and how they ran until you've played it.

Please don't patronise me, I can assure you I know plenty about football. Firstly, what is the point in bringing up West Brom as an example, are you saying that's the level Liverpool is at? You need to look at the teams we compete with to really assess this monetary situation. As you are a beacon of all that is football, I'm sure you know that players who have been at clubs for longer periods of time, get bigger contracts. For example, Walcott is on £140,000 a week! Rooney is on £300,000 a week! You bring up Spurs, glad you did that. Now that they challenge for the title, you can see everyone there is suddenly getting on the £100,000 a week bus. Lucas got a bigger deal as we were challenging for the title. He's the clubs longest serving players now, he's been a damn good servant and for the most part a very good player but as usual, people seem to have selective memories.

Once again I'll say I don't think he's one of the best midfielders in the world. I don't think he should be in the starting 11. I don't think he should get a new contract for £80,000 a week. But I also won't stand by and have some worked up self proclaimed know it all think he's the sh*t because he likes to be negative. I'm sure you know much more than all the managers who kept him on and signed him to new deals. I'm sure you know more than the Brazilian national coach who gave him the majority of his caps (surprise surprise) around the time he signed a new deal because he was playing very well! Who'd have thought that all those people know nothing about football too!

I think that's enough out of you pipsqueak.

JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #74: Jan 07, 2017 12:23:25 pm
      Please don't patronise me, I can assure you I know plenty about football. Firstly, what is the point in bringing up West Brom as an example, are you saying that's the level Liverpool is at? You need to look at the teams we compete with to really assess this monetary situation. As you are a beacon of all that is football, I'm sure you know that players who have been at clubs for longer periods of time, get bigger contracts. For example, Walcott is on £140,000 a week! Rooney is on £300,000 a week! You bring up Spurs, glad you did that. Now that they challenge for the title, you can see everyone there is suddenly getting on the £100,000 a week bus. Lucas got a bigger deal as we were challenging for the title. He's the clubs longest serving players now, he's been a damn good servant and for the most part a very good player but as usual, people seem to have selective memories.

Once again I'll say I don't think he's one of the best midfielders in the world. I don't think he should be in the starting 11. I don't think he should get a new contract for £80,000 a week. But I also won't stand by and have some worked up self proclaimed know it all think he's the sh*t because he likes to be negative. I'm sure you know much more than all the managers who kept him on and signed him to new deals. I'm sure you know more than the Brazilian national coach who gave him the majority of his caps (surprise surprise) around the time he signed a new deal because he was playing very well! Who'd have thought that all those people know nothing about football too!

Banging your head against a wall mate, I think Lucas must have smashed his missus!!
      He is totally missing the point of what people are saying, but none of that matters because we know nothing about football compared to the oracle!
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #75: Jan 07, 2017 12:48:12 pm

Nah man but when I get home I'll take a picture of what a premiership winners trophy looks like. I'll even take with today's copy of the paper if u want.

So don't come at me with you sh*te when your sat at home all day on your laptop. You've never been involved in pro football so your opinion means absolutley f**k all to me

How was I comparing Liverpool to West Brom in giving you a insight what clubs pay you make out like 80000. A week is nothing. I know pivotal players for championship winning sides that weren't even on that. And Rooney is worth every penny of that 300,000 England and man united all time top scorer!!!
      Plus how can you compare Liverpool wage structure to man united? They are on another level wage structure wise up
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #76: Jan 07, 2017 01:08:48 pm
      Have to agree that Lucas is being paid far to much if he's on £80k a week, there is no way he justifies that salary, but he has been a loyal member of the club, but its high time we upgrade our reserves and he'd be more or less the first name on that list.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #77: Jan 07, 2017 01:12:12 pm
      Nah man but when I get home I'll take a picture of what a premiership winners trophy looks like. I'll even take with today's copy of the paper if u want.

Not sure what to make of this.

Are you saying you are a former pro footballer with a Premier League winners medal?

Or you support another team who has won the Premier League since it was created?

Weird post.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #78: Jan 07, 2017 01:25:40 pm

So don't come at me with you sh*te when your sat at home all day on your laptop. You've never been involved in pro football so your opinion means absolutley f**k all to me

How was I comparing Liverpool to West Brom in giving you a insight what clubs pay you make out like 80000. A week is nothing. I know pivotal players for championship winning sides that weren't even on that. And Rooney is worth every penny of that 300,000 England and man united all time top scorer!!!
      Plus how can you compare Liverpool wage structure to man united? They are on another level wage structure wise up

No idea what half of this debate is about but who the F**k are you?! You seem like a gobs***e who pretends he knows everything. You honestly think Rooney is worth 300k a week yet your bitching about Lucas being on 80k? Wind your neck in.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #79: Jan 07, 2017 01:32:47 pm
      No idea what half of this debate is about but who the f**k are you?! You seem like a gobs***e who pretends he knows everything. You honestly think Rooney is worth 300k a week yet your bitching about Lucas being on 80k? Wind your neck in.

Your first few words some you up. You have know idea what so ever probs just a keyboard warrior sat in his mams box room haha. Anyways Rooney has 259 goals and a  1 in 2 strike rate for one of the biggest clubs in the world. Over 100 appearances for england and the record goal scorer. So yeh he's worth it!!
      Man United have a ridiculous amount of Finance so 300,000 grand a week them  isn't like Liverpool giving 300,000 a week.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #80: Jan 07, 2017 01:48:49 pm

Your first few words some sum you up. You have know no idea what so ever whatsoever probs probably just a keyboard warrior sat in his mams box room haha. Anyways Anyway Rooney has 259 goals and a  1 in 2 strike rate for one of the biggest clubs in the world. Over 100 appearances for england England and the record goal scorer. So yeh yes/yeah he's worth it!!
      Man United have a ridiculous amount of Finance so 300,000 grand a week them  isn't like Liverpool giving 300,000 a week.

Bore off please, and sort out your spelling and punctuation.

Oh, and F**k off to Old Trafford if you love Rooney so much.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #81: Jan 07, 2017 01:57:20 pm
      And Rooney is worth every penny of that 300,000

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Manc w**ker.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #82: Jan 07, 2017 02:05:09 pm
      Hope he doesn't get many games otherwise we are in trouble relying on a second teamer.

Lucas can't play every game every week, but he can play when needed, and he wont let us down.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #83: Jan 07, 2017 02:10:32 pm
      Lucas can't play every game every week, but he can play when needed, and he wont let us down.

Sorry but he does let us down, quite often in fact by giving away silly free kicks or at least putting himself in situations where freekicks are awarded against him.
      He is an OK'ish squad player but for £80k a week we could have much better.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #84: Jan 07, 2017 02:14:29 pm

You've got the grammar of a pro footballer I'll give you that.

I'll call your bluff. Let's see the picture with todays paper and a list of your credentials please.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #85: Jan 07, 2017 02:19:27 pm
      You've got the grammar of a pro footballer I'll give you that.

I'll call your bluff. Let's see the picture with todays paper and a list of your credentials please.

Yep I want a picture too. You have me intrigued.

Bit of a c**t like, but you have my attention.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #86: Jan 07, 2017 02:23:23 pm

F**k me, do you need a degree to understand football? I guess the likes of Savage, Merson etc talk more sense than anyone that posts here? I have an ex professional friend who has played in prem league and he hasn't got a f**king clue, even showed it when he was on sky sports talking about the title race ;) Stop talking sh*t please.

But end of the day he isn't a good footballer

On Lucas not being a good footballer? Please elaborate.
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #87: Jan 07, 2017 02:29:48 pm
      Sorry but he does let us down, quite often in fact by giving away silly free kicks or at least putting himself in situations where freekicks are awarded against him.
      He is an OK'ish squad player but for £80k a week we could have much better.

I don't think much of this is in doubt, however the way you have said it makes a lot more easier reading than being told we know F**k all about football!!!!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #88: Jan 07, 2017 02:42:10 pm
      You've never been involved in pro football so your opinion means absolutley f**k all to me

Why the F**k are you on a forum then? And as for the professional bit, so many former players make so much less sense than some of the best amateurs on here. One of our own, Michael Owen, being chief tit pundit.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2017 08:33:24 pm by Roddenberry »
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #89: Jan 07, 2017 06:40:04 pm
      Why the f**k are you on a forum for then? And as for the professional bit, so many former players make so much less sense than some of the best amateurs on here. One of our own, Michael Owen, being chief tit pundit.

Think you may just have unmasked anfieldroad mate!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #90: Jan 07, 2017 08:20:18 pm
      Personally would like to see him stay, he does put in a shift if and when needed.

Wouldn't hold any grudges if he wants to go somewhere and get game time though.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #91: Jan 07, 2017 08:35:52 pm
      Will the real anfield road stand up and reveal his true identity,if you are as good and professional as you reckon you are that should be no problem.

Quick Reply