Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Quincy Promes (Spartak Moscow)

Read 8466 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Quincy Promes (Spartak Moscow)
      Dec 27, 2016 01:42:48 pm
      David Maddock is usually quite reliable. Looks like our interest is concrete, let's see if this materializes.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-step-up-quincy-promes-9513517

Liverpool will step up their bid to land Dutch star Quincy Promes in January, after missing out on number one target Julian Draxler. With Sadio Mane on Africa Cup of Nations duty throughout January and Philippe Coutinho’s comeback from injury delayed, boss Jürgen Klopp has confirmed he’s in the market for a wide player who can operate along the front line. He was hoping that Draxler would be that man after talks with the German international, but was left bitterly disappointed after the Wolfsburg star was tempted by a big money offer from PSG.

The Reds manager though, is determined to find cover for his stretched front line, and he sees Promes as the perfect target. At 24, he fits the profile of Liverpool signings, and he also has an impressive goal-scoring record for a wide player, with 37 goals in 72 appearances for his current club Spartak Moscow. Klopp is desperate to find a player who can operate wide of a front three but still show a true goalscoring instinct, and Promes – who has 14 caps for Holland – seems the likely candidate.

And interestingly, his Russian club confirmed this week the player has a release clause in his contract – thought to be around £20m – with Spartak general director Sergey Rodionov revealing: “We will try to keep him, but yes, he has a release clause. How much, I do not tell.”

Promes is a friend and international team mate of Reds midfielder Georgino Wijnaldum, and would welcome move to Merseyside. If the Reds can activate the clause at £20m, then it would prove a bargain for Klopp. Spartak have just signed a potential replacement in experienced winger Aleksandr Samedov from Lokomotiv, and they have also expressed an interest in a loan deal for out of favour Manchester United winger Memphis Depay.

While Klopp is keen to push through the deal, he has been scouting other options, with Reds representatives travelling several times to keep tabs on Iran international winger Sardar Azmoun, who currently plays for FC Rostov in Russia, and has impressed in the Champions’ League this season. The German coach has also returned consistently to his former club Dortmund to enquire about the future of American midfielder Christian Pulisic, but he was warned off a move for the youngster by the Bundesliga club last week.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Quincy Promes (Spartak Moscow)
      Reply #1: Dec 28, 2016 05:55:31 pm
      Checked out YT vids, looks more to be a dribbler and mover, but doesn't seem to have that explosive pace that Mane has over 5 yards, nor that top pace of Origi.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #2: Dec 28, 2016 10:04:37 pm
      Thx purplemonkey for the insight.
      I have never seen him play.
      We are at a special point in lfc history where I have full faith in a manager of ours.
      If he wants someone then I am sure the player selected would be a good one and would fit in well. Haven't been able to say that in a long time.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #3: Dec 30, 2016 02:53:01 pm
      Looking at him on YouTube, is it just me or his style of play remind me of a young Theirry Henry?
      IonescuM
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #4: Dec 30, 2016 03:28:07 pm
      In my opinion it's all about the price.
      If we can get him for around 20mil then it might be worth taking the risk otherwise i'd rather have Ox who's a premier league proven player.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #5: Dec 30, 2016 03:33:04 pm
      If we can get him for around 20mil then it might be worth taking the risk otherwise i'd rather have Ox who's a premier league proven player.
      Really? Even after Klopp rubbished Ox you'd still want him? Odd

On this Quincy guy, never heard of him before but we don't have enough players named Quincy so sign him up!
      IonescuM
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #6: Dec 30, 2016 03:42:44 pm
      Klopp rubbished the rumor not the player himself.
       Besides I didn't say it will happen but if it would i won't mind.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #7: Dec 30, 2016 03:58:23 pm

Premier League proven means piss all though, not sure why some still bang on about this to be honest. The only things Chamberlain is proven in is getting injured for long periods of time and failing to produce consistently when he is given a chance.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #8: Dec 30, 2016 07:45:49 pm
       Besides I didn't say it will happen but if it would i won't mind.

And I would think Klopp might know ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9: Dec 30, 2016 10:50:18 pm

Not seen anything of him dismissing this move. Unless I have missed something, it was the talk of Oxlade-Chamberlain that he said was nonsense.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #10: Dec 31, 2016 01:01:58 am
      Not seen anything of him dismissing this move. Unless I have missed something, it was the talk of Oxlade-Chamberlain that he said was nonsense.

That's who we are talking about.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #11: Dec 31, 2016 08:56:56 am
      Premier League proven means piss all though, not sure why some still bang on about this to be honest.

Ozil, Sanchez, Aguero, de Bruyne, Hazard, Suarez and Jürgen's favourite, Silva - all 'Premier League proven'.

Personally i'd sign the 'Premier league proven' Sanchez before Promes. I guess it all depends on who the tag "proven" is attached to.  :laugh:

Joking aside: the truth is most of us are in a better position to judge players from the P L and that's the reason we use that terminology and where all else is equal, it's a legitimate call.

It is really all about quality in the end but as a phrase (plp) is pretty inoffensive.   8)
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #12: Jan 02, 2017 03:40:29 am
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wijnaldum-sets-liverpool-goal-target-12392997

Liverpool have been linked with a move for his international team-mate Promes, who is in fine form for Spartak Moscow. The winger has been on the club’s radar as they search for reinforcements this month, but a move for him in January is understood to be highly unlikely.

Safe to say, not this month!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #13: Jan 02, 2017 10:06:38 am
      I guess it all depends on who the tag "proven" is attached to.

Yep, i'd sign Messi before I'd sign premier league proven Kane.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #14: Jan 02, 2017 01:30:14 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wijnaldum-sets-liverpool-goal-target-12392997

Liverpool have been linked with a move for his international team-mate Promes, who is in fine form for Spartak Moscow. The winger has been on the club’s radar as they search for reinforcements this month, but a move for him in January is understood to be highly unlikely.

Safe to say, not this month!

Well we won't need him in the summer because Mane will be back in Feb !
      Not sure how strong the Russian league is, but a winger/wide player scoring better than 1 in 2 games is a good ratio.
      Not watched him, just saying, and it's cover in the short term we need.
      Don't think Jürgen has got much wrong on the transfer issue up to now, that's for sure.
      Even the players of doubted ability, all seem to be coming good as they settle in to his regime.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #15: Jan 08, 2017 12:16:31 pm
      Looks like we have a genuine interest in signing this lad.

Spartak looking for at least £25 million.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16: Jan 08, 2017 01:01:24 pm
      Looks like we have a genuine interest in signing this lad.

Spartak looking for at least £25 million.

Its a fair price and would be good cover unless Klopp is happy to trust the youngsters to step up.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #17: Jan 08, 2017 05:56:46 pm
      Let's get it done as it's clear we are in need of cover with Mane away.

It's too much to ask a youngster like Ojo to come in and step up straight away.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #18: Jan 09, 2017 05:00:33 pm
      SIMON JONES: Liverpool do not intend to pursue a deal for Quincy Promes in this window. The 25-year-old Spartak Moscow forward is a player Liverpool, and neighbours Everton, have watched but Jürgen Klopp has no immediate plans to sign the Dutch international.

Are we even in the market for anybody this month?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #19: Jan 09, 2017 06:25:51 pm
      SIMON JONES: Liverpool do not intend to pursue a deal for Quincy Promes in this window. The 25-year-old Spartak Moscow forward is a player Liverpool, and neighbours Everton, have watched but Jürgen Klopp has no immediate plans to sign the Dutch international.

Are we even in the market for anybody this month?

No need with the amazing talent we have in the youth ranks, well that's according to Klopp, its the one thing I disagree massively with him on.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #20: Jan 09, 2017 06:49:49 pm
      No need with the amazing talent we have in the youth ranks, well that's according to Klopp, its the one thing I disagree massively with him on.

That is why Jürgen Klopp is our manager and you are not,I expect the kids to tear Plymouth Argyle apart in the replay.The boss and the kids will have learned their lesson and will not be caught out again
      Kopite78
      Reply #21: Jan 09, 2017 07:35:46 pm

I actually think individually there are some really good potential in the group of youngsters there yesterday, would Ovie, Gomez, Ojo look out of place in the first team alone as part of the 11?
      If Ovie was in a midfield with Lallana and Henderson would he look the part? I think he could well do... Sheyi did last season when he played, he's had  a serious injury since but will get back to his potential

Judging them when they all played together (as the youngest 11 in our history) against a team of seasoned pros who would want to play well in the biggest stage of their life, a team of seasoned pros who are used to not getting beat, they are second this year, went to the play off final last, they are used to winning games..
      Let alone when they only come to defend their box, they have the second best defensive record in league 2 this season, they can defend seemingly

And those kids were the better side...

Look that was Liverpool vs Plymouth in name only, it was essentially our youth side against a team who have had a good couple of seasons and we're massively up for it. Did I want to win? Of course and I'm gutted we didn't but we can't write them off on the back of yesterday, there's 2 or 3 in there that could do a very good job in our first choice 11 surrounded by our better players

Know what though I'd play them all again down there and whatever will be will be.

Ad for signing players? All the noise is we aren't so I'll go with that and be pleasantly suprised if any come in
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #22: Jan 10, 2017 08:02:23 am
      All the noise is we aren't so I'll go with that and be pleasantly suprised if any come in

"Pleasantly suprised"? That suggests that you would be happy if we signed one or two.

Join the queue mate... join the queue.  😎
      Kopite78
      Reply #23: Jan 10, 2017 08:08:01 am
      "Pleasantly suprised"? That suggests that you would be happy if we signed one or two.

Join the queue mate... join the queue.  😎

Just don't think any are coming in mouse so if any do I'll be pleasantly suprised  :)

Two or three belters?

Made up
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #24: Jan 10, 2017 08:19:48 am
      Just don't think any are coming in mouse so if any do I'll be pleasantly suprised  :)

Two or three belters?

Made up

I think, when it boils down to it, we all want the same thing Jon. We just 'show' it in different ways.

Folk might pretend otherwise but there would be very few turn their nose up at signing a top class player for a second half push. Some are just more openly vocal about it because they (maybe) see more of a need.

We've missed out a couple of times in the past 6 years, when we've been so close, I would hate to see history repeat it's self... [for whatever reason].
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25: Jan 11, 2017 04:00:49 pm
      I think, when it boils down to it, we all want the same thing Jon. We just 'show' it in different ways.

Folk might pretend otherwise but there would be very few turn their nose up at signing a top class player for a second half push. Some are just more openly vocal about it because they (maybe) see more of a need.

We've missed out a couple of times in the past 6 years, when we've been so close, I would hate to see history repeat it's self... [for whatever reason].

Very well said.

It doesn't seem like Promes is happening though. I'm not sure if Klopp decided he didn't rate him highly enough, or if the player's current club in Russia were being unreasonable. It doesn't mean we are being cheap (obviously we are not skint) to require some relationship between ability/impact and the price tag. but I don't know what the issue was in this case.

Sounds like Brandt would only be a summer move as well - so the chances of bringing somebody in this month seem very slim.
      Albert S Park
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #26: Jan 18, 2017 07:18:45 am
      Quincy Promes is a poor mans Sadio Mané, with less pace and ability, so unless Klopp is planning on using Mané as a central striker and QP on the right it's a big no-no, certainly at the price quoted anyway
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #27: Jan 18, 2017 09:32:01 am
      Quincy Promes is a poor mans Sadio Mané, with less pace and ability, so unless Klopp is planning on using Mané as a central striker and QP on the right it's a big no-no, certainly at the price quoted anyway

Just like Mane was considered a poor man's Gotze last Summer ;)

If Klopp wants him that's all I need to know.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: Jan 18, 2017 10:10:42 am
      Just like Mane was considered a poor man's Gotze last Summer ;)

If Klopp wants him that's all I need to know.

There's also this thing called a squad and not just a starting 11. Genuinely don't think we're even in for him or it would be done by now IMO.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #29: Jan 18, 2017 10:38:08 am
      There's also this thing called a squad and not just a starting 11. Genuinely don't think we're even in for him or it would be done by now IMO.

Ah that's that weird concept where when your main man f**** off to the AFCON or gets injured you've got a viable alternative option? Not sure it'll catch on mate.

Quick Reply