Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Watford [Premier League] Sat 14th Dec @ 12:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D5 L8

You're Sacked! The managerial UB40 thread.

Read 20882 times
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,601 posts | 2984 
      Re: You're Sacked! The managerial UB40 thread.
      Reply #175: Nov 20, 2019 10:52:14 pm
      He wouldn't of got that much really with being new to management. However, when the Arabs take over were buying the league  :lmao:

Just don’t go to the Saudi consulate 😎
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,549 posts | 3840 
      Reply #176: Nov 21, 2019 08:20:22 pm
      He wouldn't of got that much really with being new to management. However, when the Arabs take over were buying the league  :lmao:

Hahaha not a chance the Glazers are selling their magic money tree!!
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,104 posts | 1115 
      Reply #177: Nov 21, 2019 08:29:17 pm
      Hahaha not a chance the Glazers are selling their magic money tree!!

Not unless the mancs get another ‘green and gold’ campaign going. Oh wait....the morons started buying green and gold scarves from the club shop at one stage I think :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,549 posts | 3840 
      Reply #178: Nov 22, 2019 07:43:52 pm
      Not unless the mancs get another ‘green and gold’ campaign going. Oh wait....the morons started buying green and gold scarves from the club shop at one stage I think :D

Nah, some enterprising Mancs were selling Norwich scarves outside the ground!! 
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 76 
      Reply #179: Nov 29, 2019 10:13:31 am
      Emery gone from Arsenal
      TameImpala
      • Forum David Johnson

• 235 posts | 164 
      Reply #180: Nov 29, 2019 10:47:34 am
      Weird one the Arsenal situation. Seemed to start the season really strong but have just fell completely into the abyss the last month or so.

I don't watch them regularly but my stream did flick to the last few minutes of their game against Southampton the other day after our game had finished - it genuinely looked like the players were trying their very best not to win that game. They scored an equalizer with about 5 minutes left of injury time and didn't even bother getting the ball back to the centre circle. Southampton were then on the attack again and the Arsenal defence was completely static.. It might sound silly but it seriously seemed as though the Arsenal defenders wanted to concede, I've never seen a more half arsed attempt at defending in my life (And I've watched the likes of Moreno). Obviously all wasn't well in the camp and I imagine at least a few of the players wanted him out, be interesting to see how they do from here on as they do have a talented side
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,795 posts | 2113 
      Reply #181: Nov 29, 2019 11:01:35 am
      Weird one the Arsenal situation. Seemed to start the season really strong but have just fell completely into the abyss the last month or so.

I don't watch them regularly but my stream did flick to the last few minutes of their game against Southampton the other day after our game had finished - it genuinely looked like the players were trying their very best not to win that game. They scored an equalizer with about 5 minutes left of injury time and didn't even bother getting the ball back to the centre circle. Southampton were then on the attack again and the Arsenal defence was completely static.. It might sound silly but it seriously seemed as though the Arsenal defenders wanted to concede, I've never seen a more half arsed attempt at defending in my life (And I've watched the likes of Moreno). Obviously all wasn't well in the camp and I imagine at least a few of the players wanted him out, be interesting to see how they do from here on as they do have a talented side

I agree, I think its a case of the players giving up on the manager, they actually have a decent team, with the exception of their defence which is sh*te.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,335 posts | 4001 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #182: Nov 29, 2019 09:52:46 pm
      So Marco Silva, possibly the biggest fraud in the league or Ole, the joke of a manager crashing the bus next?

My money would be on Silva after we’ve turned them over.

As for Emery, he didn’t have a clue from the start and game after game he was doing a sub or two at half time because he didn’t have the slightest clue how to set the team up. Was too busy saying about copying the way we went about things, made terrible signings...don’t rate a single one from what I’ve seen of them and clearly lost the dressing room. Has a forward pairing of Auba and Laca and he was reluctant to play them together. Greasy haired charlatan with a hair line as bad as his management in England.
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,077 posts | 1075 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #183: Nov 29, 2019 10:18:17 pm
      So Marco Silva, possibly the biggest fraud in the league or Ole, the joke of a manager crashing the bus next?

My money would be on Silva after we’ve turned them over.

Same same. It always seems to happen doesn't it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,335 posts | 4001 
      Reply #184: Dec 11, 2019 12:08:23 am
      Well, not a Premier League manager but Ancelotti has been given the boot from Napoli. Strange.
      king kenny
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,296 posts | 182 
      Reply #185: Dec 11, 2019 12:12:17 am
      Wow! That was a bit strange.  It seems football is really kicking out bus drivers out of the game!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,899 posts | 1981 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #186: Dec 11, 2019 12:42:30 am
      Something not been right at Napoli for a while. Getting gattuso seems odd
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,181 posts | 3768 
      Reply #187: Dec 11, 2019 03:46:31 pm
      I really think the way things are now Jürgen may well be our last long term manager. lose 3 games now and your out. Lets see who will be brave enough to take on Everton they have won one game and ferguson is the man
      king kenny
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,296 posts | 182 
      Reply #188: Dec 11, 2019 04:07:49 pm
      Yeh it just so strange but agree with you walton it seems to be like that at the moment.  I just think it can not hold for too long as a continuity is the way to success unless you have a massive advantage of finances and can digest the losses that come with changing managers regularly.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,335 posts | 4001 
      Reply #189: Dec 11, 2019 04:40:32 pm
      I really think the way things are now Jürgen may well be our last long term manager. lose 3 games now and your out. Lets see who will be brave enough to take on Everton they have won one game and ferguson is the man

Not necessarily, our owners like to have stability as much as possible. It was quite clear they only intended on having Kenny as manager for a short time, steady the ship a little after the mess of Hodgson and to perhaps please the fans with an appointment many wanted. Plus Comoli was a bad idea on top of FSG generally not knowing enough about the game, it was all a bad combination at the start. But then with Rodgers, they gave him plenty of time, far too much of it in fact and had it been the majority of other clubs, then he’d have been sacked a good 6/7 months sooner than he was. Instead he threw Pascoe and everyone else under the bus to save his own skin and the owners gave him that extra chance.

Unless something catastrophic happened, the managers who follow Klopp, I’d be surprised if they weren’t at least given a similar amount of time as Rodgers.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,549 posts | 3840 
      Reply #190: Dec 11, 2019 09:14:58 pm
      Well, not a Premier League manager but Ancelotti has been given the boot from Napoli. Strange.

Even stranger would be to see Carlo on the Goodison touchline!
      TameImpala
      • Forum David Johnson

• 235 posts | 164 
      Reply #191: Dec 12, 2019 09:04:16 am
      Even stranger would be to see Carlo on the Goodison touchline!

There's a very good chance he will be next Saturday.... But in the Arsenal dugout!

Quick Reply